IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Post Any Good Race You've Had!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-16, 07:49 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Race 2015 STI from stop light on the way home 0-80 got him by 1/2 car. Another time race 2 random 4 door charger on highway got them both by a car 70-100mph.
Old 09-12-16, 07:51 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
Yup, and the ISF is faster still. Not sure what was your point?
ISF is faster at top end 70 mph or more but under that IS350 can hang. My friends ISF only run 13.3 second 1/4 with intake and exhaust. Some IS350 run 13.2.
Old 09-12-16, 07:58 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MWIS350
ISF is faster at top end 70 mph or more but under that IS350 can hang. My friends ISF only run 13.3 second 1/4 with intake and exhaust. Some IS350 run 13.2.
If both cars are driven properly the is350 will start to lose ground after 1st gear. Thus has been discussed to death. Your comparing the good Is350 times to the really bad ISF times. On average an Is350 hits 0-60 in 5.1 seconds with the exception of some dipping into the high 4's. My is350 never managed to get under 5 no matter what the weather or tire.

The ISF on the other hand has an average 0-60 of high 4's with some dipping into the low 4's. My point being that if you compare both best times and both bad times the ISF always comes out on top.

Your friend must live in a high altitude area or have really bad track prep or is driving the car wrong if he can't hit a high 12 stock.
Old 09-12-16, 08:02 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Here's a video link for you if you need further proof. The is350 hangs through first gear and then starts losing ground through second and it only gets worse from there. My point being that from 0-70 your gonna lose. Roll race and it's much worse.
Old 09-12-16, 11:05 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,066 Likes on 1,560 Posts

or you can just pick up a used 335i, strap on a JB4 and leave both cars as if they were in park. hahaha
Old 09-13-16, 05:30 AM
TsunamiF
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If both cars are driven properly the is350 will start to lose ground after 1st gear. Thus has been discussed to death. Your comparing the good Is350 times to the really bad ISF times. On average an Is350 hits 0-60 in 5.1 seconds with the exception of some dipping into the high 4's. My is350 never managed to get under 5 no matter what the weather or tire.
Just because you have trouble getting under 5 seconds doesn't speak for the entirety of the IS350 community.
For clarification, stock IS350s are capable of hitting 0-60 in the mid-4s when traction isn't an issue:

The ISF on the other hand has an average 0-60 of high 4's with some dipping into the low 4's. My point being that if you compare both best times and both bad times the ISF always comes out on top.
No one is denying that the ISF is the faster overall car but it seems that you waste no time putting down the accomplishments of what other IS350 owners are doing by making excuses for the other car or comparing it with your own personal experiences.

Your friend must live in a high altitude area or have really bad track prep or is driving the car wrong if he can't hit a high 12 stock.
Again with more apologetic excuses. If you go to the IS-F drag racing thread, you'll note multiple time slips of IS-F owners averaging in the low 13s and only sometimes breaking into the high 12s. The comment made by MWIS350 is nothing out of the ordinary.

Think about this, stock for stock, both the IS-F and the IS350 utilize 255 width tires in the rear. For the IS350, that is a near optimal tire width and makes it very easy to launch the IS350 from a stop. On the other hand, the IS-F is very traction limited with 255 tires being undersized for the power that it makes. Launching from a stop in a IS-F is much more difficult and can severely impact 0-60 and 1/4 times without a good start from a dig.

Last edited by TsunamiF; 09-13-16 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-13-16, 05:53 AM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
or you can just pick up a used 335i, strap on a JB4 and leave both cars as if they were in park. hahaha
+1 on this, possibly might be getting one and leaving the Lexus scene but not for good since I still have my GX.
Old 09-13-16, 06:38 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT

AYYYY This Guy speaking my language!
Old 09-13-16, 06:40 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lysis250
+1 on this, possibly might be getting one and leaving the Lexus scene but not for good since I still have my GX.
Join me
Old 09-21-16, 01:34 PM
Ken167
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Yesterday raced a newer BMW 335d (or was a 535d) to get on a freeway onramp. Those BMW diesels are fast 0-60 in 5.7 but I got him. He probably didn't know what he was up against!
Old 09-21-16, 09:31 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TsunamiF
Just because you have trouble getting under 5 seconds doesn't speak for the entirety of the IS350 community.
For clarification, stock IS350s are capable of hitting 0-60 in the mid-4s when traction isn't an issue:

No one is denying that the ISF is the faster overall car but it seems that you waste no time putting down the accomplishments of what other IS350 owners are doing by making excuses for the other car or comparing it with your own personal experiences.Again with more apologetic excuses. If you go to the IS-F drag racing thread, you'll note multiple time slips of IS-F owners averaging in the low 13s and only sometimes breaking into the high 12s. The comment made by MWIS350 is nothing out of the ordinary.

Think about this, stock for stock, both the IS-F and the IS350 utilize 255 width tires in the rear. For the IS350, that is a near optimal tire width and makes it very easy to launch the IS350 from a stop. On the other hand, the IS-F is very traction limited with 255 tires being undersized for the power that it makes. Launching from a stop in a IS-F is much more difficult and can severely impact 0-60 and 1/4 times without a good start from a dig.
Say what you want but my point is that given equal factors and variables the ISF wins every time. This shouldn't be news to you since the ISF is in fact a $60k car new... It's faster because it has to be. Period. Yeah some 350 owners have beat them but usually because of driver error, bad tires, or some other unknown factor. It's not common is what I'm saying acting like it's a fact that the 350 will beat an ISF is laughable.

As for the whole 0-60 in under 5 seconds please understand once again that it's not common to happen. Most 350 owners will not hit 60 in under 5 seconds. Hence why the car is rated at 5.4 or so originally and then rated at 5.1 later on. Because Lexus knows that even thought the car CAN do 60 in under 5 seconds it's not common and they don't want to get sued for lying. What I find ridiculous is that you state it as if it's fact that all 350's run such a quick 0-60. Sure it has been done by a FEW members (in cold weather, perfect traction, etc) but it's not the norm.
Old 09-21-16, 09:39 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Also if it's any consolation TsunamiF , I ran against a different G37 sedan about a week ago and this time I was the one who won. Expect this time I had no passengers and work tools in my trunk. Whereas the G37 had one passenger. Beat him by about 1-2 cars by the time we hit the next light. Also ran a 3.5 altima from a roll of about 40-90 with a similar outcome but he had 2 passengers and of course I won lol. The is350 is quick for what it is no doubt and that's one of the reasons I own mine still. But it's not a 4.7 0-60 car on average like you proclaim. Otherwise everybody would be running flat 13's @105-106 or even high 12's with luck lol. But we don't.. We usually run anywhere from a 13.2-13.7 @102-104 at best. With an average of a 13.5 @103. Those are facts not opinions. And sure a FEW members have run faster times but once again it's not the norm. Or there at a "fast track"
Old 09-22-16, 06:02 AM
TsunamiF
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Say what you want but my point is that given equal factors and variables the ISF wins every time. This shouldn't be news to you since the ISF is in fact a $60k car new... It's faster because it has to be. Period. Yeah some 350 owners have beat them but usually because of driver error, bad tires, or some other unknown factor. It's not common is what I'm saying acting like it's a fact that the 350 will beat an ISF is laughable.

As for the whole 0-60 in under 5 seconds please understand once again that it's not common to happen. Most 350 owners will not hit 60 in under 5 seconds. Hence why the car is rated at 5.4 or so originally and then rated at 5.1 later on. Because Lexus knows that even thought the car CAN do 60 in under 5 seconds it's not common and they don't want to get sued for lying. What I find ridiculous is that you state it as if it's fact that all 350's run such a quick 0-60. Sure it has been done by a FEW members (in cold weather, perfect traction, etc) but it's not the norm.
Relax man. What you're stating is what I've been trying to reiterate this whole time. The peak potential of a stock IS350's 0-60 time is in the mid-to-high 4 second range. Yes, it's not going to happen all the time but it's been documented multiple time to occasionally occur with the right temps and traction. Magazine publications have documented 0-60 times of 4.8-4.9 on some occasions. Back in 2006, this was essentially unheard of for a luxury V6 sedan with only 306HP. Typically, only stock Evos and STIs can accomplish those 0-60 and 1/4 mile times with a 300hp motor.

But it's not a 4.7 0-60 car on average like you proclaim.
Now you're reaching. Read my previous post carefully. I stated that the IS350 is capable of reaching 0-60 in the mid 4s when traction isn't an issue (and I'll include cold temps for further clarification). What I'm saying is give the IS350 credit where it's due, especially when other posters here are providing their own race stories, instead of finding some reason to put down the car.

Your current obsession with the IS-F is what caused you to get heckled by other IS-F members and threads locked on the IS-F subforum and now you're bringing that same attitude with the IS-F superiority within the 2IS sub-forums:

Originally posted by ISFwpg
I've read all of your threads and you're constantly looking for us to validate the ISF for some reason. This is another click bait title, where you are bringing in all this BS other kids say on the play ground. It's the same as your thread " Please stop me before.. " in different words. Not trying to come across rude, it's just every time I catch up on the forum it's 50 percent your opinion and thoughts.
Originally posted by VitVeet
Lol! You nailed it with this!
Tro, who cares if another car is .2 seconds slower or faster in the 1/4 mile than the IS-F...who cares if another car is .2 seconds slower or faster 0-60 compared to the F, etc etc etc. Minimal differences. Get what YOU like, not what we like, or your brother likes, or your coworkers like, etc. You sound young (I know you said you were actually young) and doing OK to be considering an ISF, but relax, use the search feature and you'll read for weeks, maybe months, on cars the IS-F has been compared to already.
Again, just relaaaaxxxxx. If you want a fast car, follow E46CT's advise and just get a tuned 335i.
Old 09-22-16, 06:35 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TsunamiF
Relax man. What you're stating is what I've been trying to reiterate this whole time. The peak potential of a stock IS350's 0-60 time is in the mid-to-high 4 second range. Yes, it's not going to happen all the time but it's been documented multiple time to occasionally occur with the right temps and traction. Magazine publications have documented 0-60 times of 4.8-4.9 on some occasions. Back in 2006, this was essentially unheard of for a luxury V6 sedan with only 306HP. Typically, only stock Evos and STIs can accomplish those 0-60 and 1/4 mile times with a 300hp motor.Now you're reaching. Read my previous post carefully. I stated that the IS350 is capable of reaching 0-60 in the mid 4s when traction isn't an issue (and I'll include cold temps for further clarification). What I'm saying is give the IS350 credit where it's due, especially when other posters here are providing their own race stories, instead of finding some reason to put down the car.

Your current obsession with the IS-F is what caused you to get heckled by other IS-F members and threads locked on the IS-F subforum and now you're bringing that same attitude with the IS-F superiority within the 2IS sub-forums:Again, just relaaaaxxxxx. If you want a fast car, follow E46CT's advise and just get a tuned 335i.
I am relaxed lol. You are right though, the peak potential for our car is a high possibly even mid 4 0-60 assuming we have all factors including tires, weather, etc. in our favor.. If you would have said that to begin with I would have agreed from the start. Unless you did in which case I missed it on my first read through (my apologies) I was just under the impression that the you thought the Is350 does 0-60 in those times officially. As in all the time... But realistically it will normally do it in the times Lexus claims give or take.

And also the ISF threads weren't supposed to be "click bait" titles and I hate that everyone keeps saying that. I'm not very good when it comes to to writing and I'll be the first to admit that. So excuse me for not knowing what to title a thread. It also doesn't help that you can't edit your title once you post the thread so I'm SOL once I hit create thread...

I'm not looking for reasons to validate my decision for the ISF neither. I mean originally in the ISF section I was. With my first thread about upgrading from an is350 and even my 2nd thread "please stop me before.." But I NEVER intended to make click bait out of it. The 2nd thread was just a question about whether I should go through with the ISF or mod my Is350... Oh! And by the way I'm sticking to my is350 in the end for another year or two instead Figured I would care to much about who's faster than who if I went that route so instead I'm gonna just finish my build.

So with that being said why would I be trying to validate a car I'm not even interested in anymore?? But hey it's the Internet am I right? People DON'T like to read your full posts because there a little long, they don't take the time to see your reasoning, no.. They instead go ahead and bash you right away. Instead of sound reasoning they just call you out for something else (like you just did) and assume your just wasting their time. I mean Did you even see how off topic that thread became?? Went from a decision of ISF vs is350 build to "you have to buy a house" Smh.
Old 09-22-16, 06:45 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Oh and yeah the ISF is superior to the is350. Not talking trash, just being honest. A 5.0 v8 416hp and a quick shifting 8 speed is gonna be faster than a 306hp v6 with a 6 speed. I can give credit to the is350 that it can even hit 60 in under 5 seconds to begin with, its impressive for sure. One of the reasons why I bought it to be honest. But the ISF in the end was created to be superior to the 350 and it is. I honestly can't believe this is even an argument. It's almost as if it's YOU trying to validate the 350. At best the ISF and 350 are close in 0-60 but the ISF peak potential stock while driven properly can hit 60 in 4.2 which beats the 350's best time of 4.6. Once again they're close but the ISF pulls ahead in the end. If anything they're equal in first gear but that's about it. Oh and once again im not mad in case you think I am, I'm just being as reasonable as possible.

Like some one else said above, if you want speed buy a 335i or hell, get a Hellcat/GTR /Shelby /Viper /Z06 lol.

Quick Reply: Post Any Good Race You've Had!