IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Air bag recalled for 2006-2011 Lexus IS250/350.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-17, 05:35 PM
videopho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mod- Please make this sticky.
Old 02-23-17, 11:25 AM
gnate11
Driver School Candidate

Still no word from any dealers on an update?
Old 02-24-17, 07:12 AM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its been 2 weeks since lexus contacted me. I set up my appointment for last Thursday but never took my car in because everyone on here said they were having issues. Ive called lexus twice and still havent gotten a call back, i dont mind im still driving the rental.
Old 02-24-17, 08:29 AM
gnate11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MIA_LEX
Its been 2 weeks since lexus contacted me. I set up my appointment for last Thursday but never took my car in because everyone on here said they were having issues. Ive called lexus twice and still havent gotten a call back, i dont mind im still driving the rental.
Same here. They canceled my appointment. The recall website went from "remedy available" to "remedy not available."

People were speculating that we would hear back this week but nothing so far..
Old 02-24-17, 11:41 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Appointments are back on. Scheduled for Monday.
Old 02-24-17, 12:02 PM
aduff415
Driver School Candidate

Just curious for those who are scheduling with Lexus. What is the year of your car? I've been in a rental car for close to 6 months now, and want to drive my car. lol
Old 02-24-17, 04:29 PM
typhoon44
Rookie

Originally Posted by gnate11
Same here. They canceled my appointment. The recall website went from "remedy available" to "remedy not available."

People were speculating that we would hear back this week but nothing so far..
Got word that my dealership got the bolt they were waiting for in. Will have car back on Monday. I assume they will start scheduling again for those that were cancelled.
Old 02-27-17, 05:04 PM
videopho
Driver School Candidate

After a couple of b**ch and moans with my local Lexus dealership via text messages.
I'm finally heading to their shop this Friday to have my airbag replaced.
Old 02-27-17, 06:32 PM
boystar22
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

They called me this afternoon to schedule an appointment (again) since they cancelled the first time. I just drove it up there after I got off the phone. They said it should be ready around lunch time tomorrow.
Old 02-28-17, 09:35 AM
alantasdf
Driver School Candidate

Just received my first call about airbag fix. Appointment setup for Saturday, this could be the real deal this time.
Old 02-28-17, 01:44 PM
TopNotchIN
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm glad to hear that the airbag recall is now being addressed. I have been concerned about this problem and now face another issue with trying to have the recall performed. Sometimes my nieces ride in my car and the oldest sits up front. Lexus has told me that my region isn't really affected by the issues that forced the airbag to be recalled. This bothers me because I've been given the responsibility to take care of these kids and Lexus' response is less than comforting. I would sure feel awful if an accident occurred and the airbag caused serious bodily injury. Here is my problem. My local Lexus dealer has been a pain to deal with. When I purchased my car I found out there were numerous recalls open on the car. I called the dealership and scheduled the recalls to be taken care of. The recalls were done, but they refused to replace the door panels for the sticky dashboard recall. I protested, however my words fell on deaf ears. They did replace the dash, thankfully. Their reasoning for not replacing the door panels was because they said it was self-inflicted damage. Yeah right! Then for this airbag recall I tried to get a rental car, like many of you have done. I called Lexus corporate and they told me my local dealer would contact me. I received a call and was told I would need to bring my car in to the dealership and fill out some paperwork. I told them it was no problem and to schedule a time to come in. They said they would call me back. I spoke with the Service Advisor, Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager but no one would call back after the initial contact. I called for week after week and they said they would set up a rental but it never happened. I contacted Lexus corporate again, but my local dealer kept giving me the run around. So I have NOT received a rental at all. Now I need to have the airbag replaced, but this dealer is the closest to me. They are about 45 min to an hour away. The next closest dealership is 1 1/2 hours away. Keep in mind the dealer I've been using is a Lexus ELITE dealership! My grandmother purchased her Lexus new from that dealer and it has only been serviced there. She always gets great customer service, but I've only had problems with them. Should I just take the chance and try to deal with them again or try the dealer that's 1 1/2 hours away? I apologize for the rant, but this is driving me insane. Anyone else have serious issues with their local dealer?
Old 02-28-17, 02:40 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TopNotchIN
I'm glad to hear that the airbag recall is now being addressed. I have been concerned about this problem and now face another issue with trying to have the recall performed. Sometimes my nieces ride in my car and the oldest sits up front. Lexus has told me that my region isn't really affected by the issues that forced the airbag to be recalled. This bothers me because I've been given the responsibility to take care of these kids and Lexus' response is less than comforting. I would sure feel awful if an accident occurred and the airbag caused serious bodily injury. Here is my problem. My local Lexus dealer has been a pain to deal with. When I purchased my car I found out there were numerous recalls open on the car. I called the dealership and scheduled the recalls to be taken care of. The recalls were done, but they refused to replace the door panels for the sticky dashboard recall. I protested, however my words fell on deaf ears. They did replace the dash, thankfully. Their reasoning for not replacing the door panels was because they said it was self-inflicted damage. Yeah right! Then for this airbag recall I tried to get a rental car, like many of you have done. I called Lexus corporate and they told me my local dealer would contact me. I received a call and was told I would need to bring my car in to the dealership and fill out some paperwork. I told them it was no problem and to schedule a time to come in. They said they would call me back. I spoke with the Service Advisor, Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager but no one would call back after the initial contact. I called for week after week and they said they would set up a rental but it never happened. I contacted Lexus corporate again, but my local dealer kept giving me the run around. So I have NOT received a rental at all. Now I need to have the airbag replaced, but this dealer is the closest to me. They are about 45 min to an hour away. The next closest dealership is 1 1/2 hours away. Keep in mind the dealer I've been using is a Lexus ELITE dealership! My grandmother purchased her Lexus new from that dealer and it has only been serviced there. She always gets great customer service, but I've only had problems with them. Should I just take the chance and try to deal with them again or try the dealer that's 1 1/2 hours away? I apologize for the rant, but this is driving me insane. Anyone else have serious issues with their local dealer?
They said your region isn't affected (yet), so I don't see why all the fuss.
Old 02-28-17, 06:25 PM
boystar22
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I dropped mine off yesterday afternoon and it was ready at 9:30 this morning. They took care of returning the enterprise rental for me. Boy were they quick to drive that Hyundai out of the service lanes and take it back. After I left and got down the road a bit it showed up in my mirror. I guess enterprise was taking it for a much needed oil change.
Attached Thumbnails Air bag recalled for 2006-2011 Lexus IS250/350.-img_9890.jpg  
Old 02-28-17, 07:30 PM
TopNotchIN
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
They said your region isn't affected (yet), so I don't see why all the fuss.
The fuss is the terrible customer service I've received from an "elite" Lexus dealership concerning a safety recall. The Lexus corporate office even contacted them to get my rental available. I have still to receive alternate transportation. My region is affected, but isn't a priority compared to the southern states with constant high temps and humidity. Due to the age of my car ('06) and it being a safety related issue, there is still concern.
Old 02-28-17, 07:34 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What zone are you guys in? I'm in zone 3 I think. NC. Received no notice about the air bag. I think Lexus is working up from zone 4. FYI, it also depends on how old your car is. They consider high risk of airbag deterioration after 10 years. My 07 was right at the mark.

Quick Reply: Air bag recalled for 2006-2011 Lexus IS250/350.