IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Air bag recalled for 2006-2011 Lexus IS250/350.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-16, 09:53 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyIS250
but why WOULD A 77 YEARS OLD ELDER DRIVING A CAR ? don't hug your steering wheel like Vietnamese and Chinese LADIES
Ah sonny - I happen to be 77 years old - And I drive a modified ISF and a Silverado. I'll match my driving skills against yours any day. And my driving record's clean - EXCEPT for the occasional speeding ticket Although it's been about 4 years since I've had one

Are you serious with some of your remarks

Sorry to get this thread off topic - but that was a STUPID STUPID remark.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 07-17-16 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-17-16, 10:43 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I bet you every single car with a takata airbag will be recalled. Its just a matter of time, there is no way they can recall them all at once.
Old 07-17-16, 06:04 PM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Ah sonny - I happen to be 77 years old - And I drive a modified ISF and a Silverado. I'll match my driving skills against yours any day. And my driving record's clean - EXCEPT for the occasional speeding ticket Although it's been about 4 years since I've had one

Are you serious with some of your remarks

Sorry to get this thread off topic - but that was a STUPID STUPID remark.

Lou
LOL did that offended you thats why you mad ? and you're turning 77 lol ? it' doesn't matter my remark is serious or not our Government keeps an eye on Elder Driver, i speak the truth sir, i've seen 80% of Elder on our Canada Highway causes accident or almost get someone off the road, i'm not saying all elders are a bad driver don't get me wrong i'm just telling truth story, in America Elder drive best high performance car and they can't drive like us they slow and sucks because they can't see properly, at the age of 50+ we all get + prescription vision, if we don't wear glasses it turns to be - prescription, i'm not just a mechanic i'm also a psychologist here Lou, i don't offend anyone especially the elder, it's my personal attitude that like to talk straight !

No need to talk about driving skill, one question ? have you drove a Stick Manual transmission ? Can we shift a manual transmission without using Clutch ?
Old 07-17-16, 06:55 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^You Sir are not worth my time

Lou
Old 07-19-16, 01:27 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Anyone else get Air bag recall notice in the mail. My envelope says Zone A, even though I live in Zone B. I'm guessing it's because I lived in a Zone A for 6 years first, then Zone B for 5 years.
Old 07-19-16, 01:30 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^I'm in AZ, and I got it.

Lou
Old 07-19-16, 01:33 PM
KC2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Anyone else get Air bag recall notice in the mail. My envelope says Zone A, even though I live in Zone B. I'm guessing it's because I lived in a Zone A for 6 years first, then Zone B for 5 years.
Received my letter yesterday, though I had the opposite experience. I received Zone B. I've lived in Zone B for two years now but first lived in Zone A for seven years. According to the website, I should be in Phase 1 either way, but I'm worried dealers here in Zone B might be lower priority to those in Zone A to receive the remedy. I've emailed Lexus CS to see if it matters/will matter.
Old 07-19-16, 01:55 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by KC2
Received my letter yesterday, though I had the opposite experience. I received Zone B. I've lived in Zone B for two years now but first lived in Zone A for seven years. According to the website, I should be in Phase 1 either way, but I'm worried dealers here in Zone B might be lower priority to those in Zone A to receive the remedy. I've emailed Lexus CS to see if it matters/will matter.
I'm guessing it's a number of factors, initial reg, years per area, age, etc. That determines their decision.
Old 07-19-16, 04:41 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got mine notice yesterday. Zone A. Note that Lexus has covered themselves by telling us to not ride in the front passenger seat. So........since my wife won't ride in the back seat she will be driving me around and I'll sit in the back seat. Right.

They will pay for an Enterprise rental for me though. That means I could be driving a rental for the next 8-12 months. Or maybe more. What a fiasco.
Old 07-19-16, 08:33 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Everyone got their notice, as well as I did, but it woulda helped it the damn bag deployon from the 2 accidents I had !
Old 07-20-16, 01:01 PM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexustom
Got mine notice yesterday. Zone A. Note that Lexus has covered themselves by telling us to not ride in the front passenger seat. So........since my wife won't ride in the back seat she will be driving me around and I'll sit in the back seat. Right.

They will pay for an Enterprise rental for me though. That means I could be driving a rental for the next 8-12 months. Or maybe more. What a fiasco.
Did you get it through Toyota/Lexus Corporate or through the local dealer?
What rental option did they provide through Enterprise (type of car)?
Old 07-20-16, 01:14 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Got mine in the mail yesterday. SC is in Zone A.

Love how they say not to have a passenger in your car in the meantime. LOL!

If anyone was wondering, the recall is only for the passenger side airbag in the 2IS, according to the paperwork from Lexus.
Old 07-20-16, 01:37 PM
KC2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gville350
If anyone was wondering, the recall is only for the passenger side airbag in the 2IS, according to the paperwork from Lexus.
Also wanted to add that I found the website to be helpful as well, http://www.toyota.com/recall/takata#...kataSafetyInfo. The letter mentioned the Zones and Phases, and maybe I read it too quickly, but I didn't really see anything about Phases. Went to the website and the Phases were a little more clear.
Old 07-20-16, 02:01 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TakaM
Did you get it through Toyota/Lexus Corporate or through the local dealer?
What rental option did they provide through Enterprise (type of car)?
It came from Corporate Toyota/Lexus. Corporate set the rental up through my local dealership. I'm not going to do it because I don't want to drive a Ford Focus/Chevy Cruze for the next 6-12 months while the defective Lexus sits in my garage. So, I'll just ride in the backseat and let my wife drive. This is all quite the scene is it not?
Old 07-20-16, 09:52 PM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexustom
It came from Corporate Toyota/Lexus. Corporate set the rental up through my local dealership. I'm not going to do it because I don't want to drive a Ford Focus/Chevy Cruze for the next 6-12 months while the defective Lexus sits in my garage. So, I'll just ride in the backseat and let my wife drive. This is all quite the scene is it not?
Thanks Lexustom.

Figures they would only offer basic rental and not equivalent vehicle.
Then again, I'm sure there's not many type of cars that were not effected by this Takata recall.
I'm waiting for their call back since it takes them two days for "case manager" to call me back to arrange rental. With family of four, not using passenger seat is not an option for us.

Quick Reply: Air bag recalled for 2006-2011 Lexus IS250/350.