IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bad experience with Nigel-JDM

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-16, 10:06 PM
RobzKar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad experience with Nigel-JDM

So I ordered a part from Nigel-JDM on the 14th and when I was setting up registration on his web site he was real helpful, after I purchased the part on the 15th he sent me a tracking number the same day. I was real grateful on it also because I need this part for my body guy and it was a 2 day priority so it states on his web site. I have been tracking the number through usps tracking and all I get is pre-shipment info sent by seller since the 15th and no movement up to today as well. I have PM'ed him and emailed him and I get no response what so ever about the issue, really bad customer service, I have also asked for a refund due to him not helping or giving me any info on my item and still no response. Really unhappy with this transaction. Never again will I buy from a vendor on here, I'd rather buy from ebay..
Old 02-19-16, 07:46 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's a busy man. I ordered lights from him but cancelled due to the excessive handling time. He refunded no problem. Just give him some time. He's quite well known here and definitely won't pocket your money, just keep in mind this is a part time favor kind of thing he does for us, he has his own life and job.
Old 02-19-16, 08:11 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

The USPS has a notoriously bad tracking system. They miss many intermediate stops. I have found that when it reaches the local PO, then the tracking become pretty good. I have also found that the USPS, unlike the other shipping services, usually delivers the item a day before the promised date.

I know the time crunch you're in, but give it time to play out.

As far as not buying from a supporting vendor, that's your prerogative, but remember they pay a fee to help support this forum and that benefits all of us

Lou
Old 02-19-16, 08:20 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
The USPS has a notoriously bad tracking system. They miss many intermediate stops. I have found that when it reaches the local PO, then the tracking become pretty good. I have also found that the USPS, unlike the other shipping services, usually delivers the item a day before the promised date.

I know the time crunch you're in, but give it time to play out.

As far as not buying from a supporting vendor, that's your prerogative, but remember they pay a fee to help support this forum and that benefits all of us

Lou
Actually the USPS has pretty good tracking system now. what OP is talking about is when seller's make preshipment at the luxury of their home and give out the tracking number. it wont get updated until the seller drops off the package/mailman picks it up. so sellers give false sense to buyers that its been shipped.

It happens, ive given negative feedback on ebay because of this.
Old 02-19-16, 08:44 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Actually they don't I receive a lot of 'Stuff" from them. See example attached.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Bad experience with Nigel-JDM-usps.jpg  
Old 02-19-16, 09:01 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Icy350
He's a busy man. I ordered lights from him but cancelled due to the excessive handling time. He refunded no problem. Just give him some time. He's quite well known here and definitely won't pocket your money, just keep in mind this is a part time favor kind of thing he does for us, he has his own life and job.
This 👍👍👍👍
10 char
Old 02-19-16, 09:12 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

I ordered lights from him as well, from what I remember he was on time with the shipping. His communication was excellent though, I messaged him through CL and fb without any issues. good luck
Old 02-19-16, 10:05 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

^^^^Actually they don't I receive a lot of 'Stuff" from them. See example attached.

Lou
i buy personal car parts/lelectronics and also my currently my business uses Fedex and USPS every single day for inventory exclusively.

like i said USPS tracking is a lot better now. its not like how it use to be. uses scanners now real time. i know how some of these sellers are. preshipment made to show paypal that item has been shipped.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 02-19-16 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-19-16, 10:12 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

ill go ship a package now with USPS. lets see if it updates today. ill post my results.
Old 02-19-16, 10:17 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
i buy personal car parts/lelectronics and also my currently my business uses Fedex and USPS every single day for inventory exclusively.

like i said USPS tracking is a lot better now. its not like how it use to be. uses scanners now real time. i know how some of these sellers are. preshipment made to show paypal that item has been shipped.
Here's another example. Do you really think this item has been sitting in Indianapolis for two days so they can rush it to me tomorrow? And how did it get out of Greenwood? As I said, it's still really bad.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Bad experience with Nigel-JDM-usps.jpg  
Old 02-19-16, 10:24 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Here's another example. Do you really think this item has been sitting in Indianapolis for two days so they can rush it to me tomorrow? And how did it get out of Greenwood? As I said, it's still really bad.

Lou
this is irrelevant to what the OP is saying. preshipment is diff than your case where it doesn't update until it gets close to the destination.

I can make preshipments right now at work and get a tracking number. but it will not update until i send it off or the mailman picks it up and takes it to the post office to weight it and confirm. that is what the OP is saying.
Old 02-19-16, 10:49 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

here you go
Attached Thumbnails Bad experience with Nigel-JDM-tracking.png  
Old 02-19-16, 10:59 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys, please take the back and forth USPS discussion to PM

OP, your timeline looks pretty short to be making a complaint thread if you just ordered on Monday (BTW which was a holiday for the USPS).

Did you confirm the ordered item was a stocked item?
Did you pay for expedited shipping? Or is 2 day shipping the default for what you ordered?

Can't speak to what's going on that you didn't get a response to your question, but Nigel is generally pretty good at that and as others have stated he also is good at resolving any issues. When exactly did you PM and email him?
Old 04-05-16, 04:01 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RobzKar
So I ordered a part from Nigel-JDM on the 14th and when I was setting up registration on his web site he was real helpful, after I purchased the part on the 15th he sent me a tracking number the same day. I was real grateful on it also because I need this part for my body guy and it was a 2 day priority so it states on his web site. I have been tracking the number through usps tracking and all I get is pre-shipment info sent by seller since the 15th and no movement up to today as well. I have PM'ed him and emailed him and I get no response what so ever about the issue, really bad customer service, I have also asked for a refund due to him not helping or giving me any info on my item and still no response. Really unhappy with this transaction. Never again will I buy from a vendor on here, I'd rather buy from ebay..
I'm dealing with the same experience from this vendor. He was recommended through this site and I decided to order from him. The initial communication is good when one is inquiring about parts, details, etc. I had purchased an expensive part from him on 3/24. Got no tracking # until I'd asked him about it about a week later. I got it then it was disclosed that it's shipping from two locations, one in the US while the other is in Asia. I ask about the second tracking #. It's a USPS tracking # and it's been stuck on "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS' for days. It appears it hasn't even been mailed out yet. Weeks later and I still don't have my parts. I had paid for 2-day shipping service from USPS Priority.

The ordering process on his site isn't any better. You can't register an account and have to pay as a "guest." And, registering as a guest means you can't track your order status.

Sent several messages/inquiries but communication has been sporadic and minimal. I understand this may be a side business but, still, there should be a better and more professional way of communicating with and dealing with your customers. And, there is no phone # listed. I just don't understand this kind of "service."
Old 04-05-16, 05:19 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Sounds like a mis-management of their product's distribution and maybe warehousing. Someone in over their head?