eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-16, 11:41 PM
5nX37
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joelseff
you will need to do both.
Excuse the delayed response, but isn't there only one fuse to tap into? If both headlights are needed to be tapped, where would the other headlight tap into?
Old 11-28-16, 08:45 AM
kwanye
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Correct. You cut the led wire on both headlights, connect those 2 wires into one, and run that wire with an add a circuit to the driver side fuse box
Old 11-28-16, 11:18 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

In my case, I have to run 2 replays (one for each headlight ) to eliminate the flash on DRL LED. Some other people was success without needing of the replay. Make sure run the wire and turn on your headlight to check for flashing (engine must be on as well).
Old 12-16-16, 09:40 AM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Soooo, we got a major downpour here in the bay last night. When I got home i checked my lights and the driver side was perfect...the passenger side however had condensation I contacted VIPMOTOZ and they were quick to respond even at 9pm PST. I mentioned I am a member here. They said it might be the grommet as they come loose or crack over time. They are sending me 2 new ones free of charge and they said that if that doesnt work, I can send it back to them and the y will test it for leaks and re-seal it free of charge. Even will cover shipping! Now that is cust service. So hopefully I can fix this because I have been loving these lights since installing them and Sewell stopped selling their upgrade kit. If these tank I'm gonna retro my original lights.

Last edited by Joelseff; 12-16-16 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-16-16, 03:23 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Yes, their customer services is top notch with worry free. I have very first set of them and so far so good. No leak or so whatover
Old 12-16-16, 03:51 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

It was a major reason it made sense to buy from them. Lexus would've told you to pound sand
Old 12-16-16, 05:36 PM
liqB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a way to make the LEDs brighter. I already tapped the green wire to my fusebox.
The following users liked this post:
6speedLex (06-18-17)
Old 12-16-16, 07:06 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Sorry to say NO. Did you have flashing problem when engine is on?
Old 12-17-16, 08:06 AM
top5
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joelseff
Soooo, we got a major downpour here in the bay last night. When I got home i checked my lights and the driver side was perfect...the passenger side however had condensation I contacted VIPMOTOZ and they were quick to respond even at 9pm PST. I mentioned I am a member here. They said it might be the grommet as they come loose or crack over time. They are sending me 2 new ones free of charge and they said that if that doesnt work, I can send it back to them and the y will test it for leaks and re-seal it free of charge. Even will cover shipping! Now that is cust service. So hopefully I can fix this because I have been loving these lights since installing them and Sewell stopped selling their upgrade kit. If these tank I'm gonna retro my original lights.
You're lucky. I emailed Louis about my turn signals not functioning and no one replied. I guess it's hit and miss with VIPMotoz.

I've had previous correspondence with Louis and he was great when it came to ordering questions.
Old 12-17-16, 11:25 AM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by top5
You're lucky. I emailed Louis about my turn signals not functioning and no one replied. I guess it's hit and miss with VIPMotoz.

I've had previous correspondence with Louis and he was great when it came to ordering questions.
I just went on ebay and messaged them. A guy named Chris responded in like 5 minutes. It was 9pm my time and was surprised to see them up. There's also a phone number you can call and their tech support is after hours too I think. I say keep trying.
Old 12-17-16, 05:59 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

You, Chris is very good at customer service. Anyway, good luck guy
Old 12-17-16, 11:12 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's mine with HID Kit! (:

Old 01-08-17, 12:52 PM
crazy8ship
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered these. Has anyone tried using a LED low beam bulb instead of buying a HID kit? I see they are aren't much of a price difference but I know HIDs tend to have issues.
Old 01-15-17, 04:22 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Default Update

Ok... So i have been going back and forth with vipmotoz. They have sent me grommets which I think will seal the back of the light better. I was going to send back my light to them to check it and reseal it but I think it would be easier (less hassle) to just reseal the lights with another bead of silicone.

Now... Since my car has been out of commission since the fogging a few weeks ago and to be honest I am about sick of this whole thing. Not blaming Vipmotoz, they have been helpful and sent me the grommets free and offered free return shipping (though I had to pay for shipping to them)
​​​​so don't get me wrong its just i don't have the time to do all this and I need my car back (right now the bumper is off as i don't want to keep doing this my back can't take it). Plus I don't know how to seal a light lol.

I decided to just Polish my old lights, seal them with opti lens and put them back on. Headlight restorer came out this afternoon and the stock lights look great! They may not have the new swoosh Led look but no compromises either. I get AFS and auto leveling back and since my car is still under CPO warranty no hassles for repairs on them if needed. And the big one.... MY STOCK LIGHTS DON'T LEAK!

Soooo now I have an extra set of vipmotoz lights with morimoto xb35 HID. They also have 3 coats of Optimum Optilens which are supposed to protect from UV for the life of the car and must be sanded off to remove.

I don't mind eating the 600 bucks I spent on them (lights plus morimoto plus opti lens) but if anyone wants the set here I will let it go for cheap. I'd rather get it to someone who will use them who doesn't mind a little project and maybe recoup some of my money. Disclaimer: the passenger side has condensation/leak issue 😊. PM me if interested.

Last edited by Joelseff; 01-15-17 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-04-17, 07:52 AM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Installed my set, they are aiming toooo low need to remove bumper to adjust. I will be waiting for my HID but am planning to put LED on high beams as well.

Did anyone succeed installing LED H1 High beams? if yes please share product link as I need to see how much room is there to fit an LED with the dust cover on.

Also how does the LED compare to the stock H1 halogens ?
Lm?
Wattage?

Thank you

Quick Reply: eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights