IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-16, 06:17 PM
zer0cool82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But wouldnt these headlights lose that feature anyway?
Old 07-25-16, 06:19 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

good point haha
Old 08-10-16, 03:34 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Heres my addition

Now heres the fun question. Ive got an 09, so i didn't have to mess with the headlight brackets. Ive got my 11-13 bumper im about to install, will i need to install the 11-13 headlight brackets?
Old 08-10-16, 05:11 PM
top5
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
Heres my addition

Now heres the fun question. Ive got an 09, so i didn't have to mess with the headlight brackets. Ive got my 11-13 bumper im about to install, will i need to install the 11-13 headlight brackets?
Afaik they can be modded to fit. The only difference in the two brackets itself are just a plastic tab that holds a screw.
Old 08-13-16, 04:24 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

For those of you who have these lights and combined it with an HID kit. Where did you locate your ballast?

Did anyone reuse their under-headlight metal brackets from there oems with these lights? (not about the plastic headlight brackets, but the metal ones under the headlights, that would hold the electical connections)
Old 08-13-16, 06:28 PM
liqB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those of you who have these lights and combined it with an HID kit. Where did you locate your ballast?

Did anyone reuse their under-headlight metal brackets from there oems with these lights? (not about the plastic headlight brackets, but the metal ones under the headlights, that would hold the electical connections)
I stuffed my ballset (slim) into the housing, under the reflector/projector bracket.
Old 08-14-16, 01:53 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had these, I literally Taped the ballast to the under side of the headlight.
Old 08-14-16, 02:59 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Thanks mates, I did the double sided tape to under the headlight. I'm on hold as I have to now wait for 2012 brackets for these lights, to accommodate my 2012 fsport bumper
Old 08-17-16, 04:35 PM
Cvin16
Driver School Candidate

So I'm new to club Lexus and I was told this was the thread to ask these type of questions but anyways I want to get some aftermarket headlights with the LED strip in them but I drive a 2007 Lexus is250 with AFS headlights and I haven't been able to find a kit that will be compatible with my car. Any suggestions?
Old 08-17-16, 05:24 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Welcome to the Club. These will work as a replacement. You will lose afs and hid. You will have to buy an aftermarket hid kit (morimoto is a popular one) besides that, these are your best alternative from a price/warranty perspective.
Old 08-17-16, 10:31 PM
5nX37
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by top5
OK guys, here is the official guide on how to wire your led strip on all the time with vipmotoz headlights.

You have to disconnect the green power wire that is connected to the LED strip of the headlight

This photo from earlier in the thread shows the bullet connectors under the headlight.

It is under the turn signal and there are 4 wires connected to a relay under the signal (you can see it in the photo, it has the gold sticker on it). They are bullet connectors, you disconnect that bullet connector. You should now be left with one end connected to the wiring harness and the other end connecting to the headlight itself. Tape up the end connected to the wiring harness as this will no longer be used.

To turn on the LED strip when your car is on you will need a FUSE TAP

You can get a FUSE TAP from canadian tire or wherever americans go to buy parts from. it has to be a minimum 10AMP fuse tap. you will be tapping into the IGN2 fuse which is on the drivers side fuse box. you can find the location in your service manual.

Once you do that run 16-18ga wire to the green wire you disconnected earlier, connect it to the fuse tap, and it should work.

With this method there are no relays neccessary. I experience no flickering or LED failure.
I understand whitebeast has run into that issue but I and a few others who I know have purchased these do not experience this issue.

To disable your DRL there are two methods

The first method is to go through a dealer and get them to disable it through Techstream. Which doesn't get done often due to inexperience.

I went with no high beam. Illegal and dangerous, totally worth it

--

This aside, these headlights are next to perfect. Fitment is great. No issues with condensation with regular weekly power washes (I wax the headlights instead of using sealant based on experience with decent quality sealants still showing yellowing). It's been 2 months with the lights. Do not forget to align the lights when you purchase them as the alignment from their factory is terrible.

Hope this helps.

Not clear on this but does this method apply for passenger and driver sides or just one side for both headlights?
Old 08-18-16, 04:26 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cvin16
So I'm new to club Lexus and I was told this was the thread to ask these type of questions but anyways I want to get some aftermarket headlights with the LED strip in them but I drive a 2007 Lexus is250 with AFS headlights and I haven't been able to find a kit that will be compatible with my car. Any suggestions?
The headlights are not sold HID because its illegal in certain countries.
Install your headlight, Add an HID converter Kit ( I used Morimoto XB) Pricey but well worth the money,
And just unplug your AFS fuse from the driver side fuse box. and Voila! You are good to go.
Old 08-22-16, 06:58 PM
Cvin16
Driver School Candidate

So if I get these and replace my afs lights will they be plug and play to install or will there be extra wiring required?
Old 08-23-16, 10:22 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 5nX37
Not clear on this but does this method apply for passenger and driver sides or just one side for both headlights?
you will need to do both.
Old 10-06-16, 07:11 AM
kwanye
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

did anyone ever manage to adjust the headlights without taking the front bumper off?

Quick Reply: eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights