Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Building an IS350 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 01:44 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 612 Likes on 406 Posts

Yes the transmission will fit the engine.

I will send the ECU for programming after I get everything else done and figured out with the rest of the swap.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 12-29-15 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-04-15, 05:55 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Started swapping everything I wanted to keep from my original engine over to the new engine yesterday, as expected the used engine looks even cleaner inside than my original engine, pretty rare when buying a used engine! I got a pretty amazing deal to be honest.

Also finally got the final clamps and brackets required to get the port injection feed line installed into the car.

So here it sits, hoping to get the engine back into the car next week!

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 12-13-19 at 10:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2013FSport (06-11-24)
Old 12-04-15, 06:11 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,076 Likes on 2,470 Posts

Jeff - it's guys like you who keep Club Lexus interesting. My hat is off to you.

If you ever get a bug and want to "clean up" the heads, let me know, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.
Old 12-04-15, 08:59 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Good job Jeff!I really really envy you my friend!I m really hoping to be able to do it one day myself!
Old 12-05-15, 09:03 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Jeff - it's guys like you who keep Club Lexus interesting. My hat is off to you.

If you ever get a bug and want to "clean up" the heads, let me know, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.
Thanks! I try.

Good to know about the heads, I don't think I'll be doing anything with them right away, but time will tell.

Jeff
Old 12-05-15, 09:33 AM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Judging by the pictures i'm guessing you either work at a Toyota or a Lexus dealership; your boss must be pretty cool guy since he's letting you use the shop to do your swap! Anyways, it's great that someone is finally doing the engine swap because this would be an alternative for me in case the stock engine blows. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-05-15, 11:20 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pavelekPL
Judging by the pictures i'm guessing you either work at a Toyota or a Lexus dealership; your boss must be pretty cool guy since he's letting you use the shop to do your swap! Anyways, it's great that someone is finally doing the engine swap because this would be an alternative for me in case the stock engine blows. Keep up the good work!
LOL Now that you mentioned it, When I attended a Neloc event a few years back, I got a tour of the dealership that was sponsoring the event. The work space looks exactly identical to the dealers.
Old 12-06-15, 01:09 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Originally Posted by pavelekPL
I'm doing all of the changes to the car to accept the new engine (wiring, etc.) however I have one of the techs at work actually pulling the engine and getting the new one bolted in. I don't have the time/space to do it myself at the moment. Garage is full with other projects. (Thanks Josh!)

Originally Posted by Icy350
LOL Now that you mentioned it, When I attended a Neloc event a few years back, I got a tour of the dealership that was sponsoring the event. The work space looks exactly identical to the dealers.
Toyota likes things to be somewhat uniform in many regards, haha.

Jeff
Old 12-06-15, 09:03 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

Jeff. since it appears you have the oil pan off of that 350 short block at the moment, can you tell which of the two service ports in the very front beside the oil filter canister lead to the oil pan OR do both go there?

Long story short, if I ever turbo my 350, I'll need to confidently run the right oil feed and drain lines to the motor. Narrowing this down with pics on the internet haven't left me getting anywhere.

Just thought it might be useful info to myself and others down the road.

Best of luck on on-going project here!
Old 12-07-15, 10:58 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Those are both pressurized, one heading to the oil filter, one heading back from the oil filter. You could use the post-filter one for turbo oil feed, but neither would be appropriate for drain-back. The one with the pressure switch (LH side) is the post-filter port.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 12-07-15 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-08-15, 09:00 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

So things are now finally coming together with the transmission and clutch bolted up and the engine harness, which I finished modifying and cleaning up yesterday, being installed on the engine. The new fuel feed line has been connected to the tank as well.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 12-13-19 at 10:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Goopi (08-16-23)
Old 12-08-15, 09:34 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
So things are now finally coming together with the transmission and clutch bolted up and the engine harness, which I finished modifying and cleaning up yesterday, being installed on the engine. The new fuel feed line has been connected to the tank as well.

http://jeff.supramania.com/is250/2gr...p/2gr_ra62.jpg
http://jeff.supramania.com/is250/2gr...r_harness1.jpg

Jeff
Good job Jeff!You mean its ready to install it back on and the only thing is missing is the ecu?
How difficult is the wiring Jeff?

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 12-09-15 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-09-15, 09:19 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

The engine is on its way back into the car today. The only thing left is a fuel line that got bent when it was on the engine hoist, a bracket that was bent when the engine was dropped off, and getting the ECU sync'ed with the smart key/immobilizer system and then reprogrammed.

Jeff
Old 12-09-15, 09:21 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow looks incredible!
Where in Japan might you get your ecu reprogrammed?
Old 12-09-15, 09:50 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow thats quick!

Quick Reply: Building an IS350 6MT