IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is250 awd

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-15, 10:28 AM
cyphcm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is250 awd

So I'm a new guy and I recently got a white IS250 AWD I just wanted to know what modifications I should start with
Old 10-18-15, 09:59 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

First off, welcome to club lexus!

Second, You should be more specific with your question. Are you asking what performance mods you should start with or cosmetic?

If your asking for performance modifications, then your gonna be sorely disappointed to know that there no mods available for the IS250 that make any noticable differance in power. Howevwr there are suspension mods you can do to help improve your cars handling such as F sport sway bars and springs. Other than that, any power gains an aftermarket parts manafacturer may claim are completely bogus and should not be taken seriously (Im looking at you K&N).

Cosmetic wise, its really all up to you honestly. I started off small with Red outs for the tail lights, plastidip for the emblems, and black vinyl for the reflectors. Then I swapped the grille for an F sport grille and got some yellow vinyl for my fogs and got some HID's to go along with it. Got my spoilers.. etc. Im still barely starting too, there is a ton more I would like to do. However what you may like may differ from others opinions so its really up to you on what goes on your car and what doesnt.

Good luck with whatever you decide and sorry if you bought an IS with the intention of modding it because that aint happening lol. Just take pride in that your car can look drop dead beautiful if you try
Old 10-19-15, 09:01 AM
cyphcm
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a lot man! Yeah I'm looking cosmetic wise. Do umyou think it would be a good idea for and exhaust and to take the resonators out? I want it to sound deep.
Old 10-19-15, 11:02 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The F-sport exhaust is a good idea for a deep sound.
If you want some mod ideas for your awd is250, take a look at my build thread (below)!
Have fun with it!
Old 10-19-15, 02:57 PM
pattatted4
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have a white(GFM) IS250 AWD...nice choice BTW...I know it didn't add anything, but I installed an Injen intake and HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, everything was plug and play, super easy to put in. Now my car growls every time I go WOT, and I love it!!! Plus my butt dyno says at least 50HP!!! LOL

I also grabbed a set of ES350 wheels and plasti-dipped them to avoid all the brake dust. Tint and vent visors puts me where I am today.

Good Luck with your new car...can't wait to see lots'o pix!!!
The following users liked this post:
2isDave (09-01-22)
Old 10-19-15, 08:11 PM
cyphcm
Driver School Candidate

That's clutch my dude! I might get that exhaust I was checking them out. Where did you get yours?
Old 10-19-15, 08:16 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to CL. First mod, lower your car. Second a good set of wheels ��
Old 10-19-15, 11:16 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cyphcm
Thanks a lot man! Yeah I'm looking cosmetic wise. Do umyou think it would be a good idea for and exhaust and to take the resonators out? I want it to sound deep.
Well i didnt have a big budget for exhaust So what I did was I had my resonator deleted at first ($40), which gave a nice subtle improvement at open throttle pulls (also increases drone). Although it took a few days for me to notice the differnece at first. I then had the F sport air box installed , JUST the box and not the intake, which gave the car a nice growl that kicks in at about 3k rpm. Then eventually I bought my Tsudo exhaust from Ebay for about $320 because I had heard it was sort of like an HKS knock off and by far that has been my favorite upgrade aside from my spoilers lol.

At first I thought the tips were way too big, but after a while Ive grown to love it and wouldnt have it any other way I also found it to be real loud at first and to have lots of drone, but after giving some time to settle in, it became a little quieter and I now love how it sounds. Yes , it does drone on the freeway but its not THAT bad. I mean unless of course you want your car to be quiet, which in that case id just put my resonator back on but i personally like a little drone lol.

I have a clip on youtube of my exhaust if your interested. Its not the best quality video but it gets the job done, although i do plan to take a better video later on for a better idea of how it sounds. Ill post a link a little bit.. Also for the record my car is an IS350 but it should sound about the same.

Edit: Here ya go!

Last edited by Tro209; 10-19-15 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-21-15, 10:48 AM
pattatted4
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cyphcm
That's clutch my dude! I might get that exhaust I was checking them out. Where did you get yours?
redline360

http://www.redline360.com/hks-hi-pow...50-32003-BT002
Old 10-24-15, 02:04 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

interior LEDs. cheap, easy and makes a nice difference