IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Arizona Buyer beware of Arrowhead Lexus/Bell Lexus Dealerships

Old 01-22-15, 11:06 AM
jamessinh
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Arizona Buyer beware of Arrowhead Lexus/Bell Lexus Dealerships

Just to let Lexus vehicles potential buyers in Arizona aware to stay away from Arrowhead Lexus/Bell Lexus dealerships ( same owner ). I bought my IS350 and GX470 from Arrowhead Lexus in 2007 and bought my IS300 from Bell Lexus in 2002 both new from factory. Over the years i have made several complaint concerning warranty items such as battery going dead within a year, burn out navigation on my 2007 IS350 back in 2009, burn out HID bulbs after a year old vehicle, dashboard melting and crack ect. Every time i brought certain issue which should all be cover while my vehicle is still under warranty, i would have to call Corporate to get them to make Arrowhead Lexus dealer honor the warranty. Every incident, Arrowhead Lexus would refuse to honor the warranty, hassling and give me the runaround. It takes me to call corporate to get my problems resolve. Today i call Arrowhead up to inform them that i need my dash replace under the new Lexus dashboard replacement program and they told me that I am not welcome at their dealership anymore. Unbelievable! They turn their back on me once more. After *****ing on the phone with the service advisor as to why and what reason, they say based on past experiences, its better not to deal with me anymore. So i am being pushed off for speaking out on my problems. They are hapy when you buy the vehicle but forget about getting your vehicle work on warranty issue. Once again I had to call corporate and inform them and corporate suggest i take my vehicle to Earnheardt Lexus to get my dash replace. You guys should stay away from Arrowhead/Bell Lexus in Arizona if you plan on buying a lexus vehicle.
Old 01-22-15, 11:16 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about all that. I know other members have not had pleasant experiences, to say the least, with Bell Lexus. Better yet, I'm sure one of those members will chime in sooner or later. I've been to both dealerships in the past but never purchased a vehicle there nor had a service experience either.

In the past I've been bought and still service my cars at Superstition Springs Lexus and Earnhardt Scottsdale Lexus.
Old 01-22-15, 11:53 AM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If they were the only Lexus dealer available I could understand. but there not. So why do you keep going back?

Vote with your wallet.
Old 01-22-15, 12:53 PM
DKIS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the reasoning for not honoring the warranty? I worked in a Toyota dealer for years and would warranty anything and everything that i could within reason. That went into my check. 95% of all dealers pay their service staff a portion of warranty so I dont see why they would turn you away.

The only time i never honored a warranty was if it was an aftermarket extended warranty purchased outside of our dealership that would not pay us with a credit card. Too many shady aftermarket companies.

Other than the only other time i refused to do business with a customer was if they were insanely difficult, belligerent, and rude. And that only happened once. No lie they had issues and cops were called lol.
Old 01-22-15, 01:03 PM
jamessinh
Driver

I only went back when it would not cost me fir the repairs (warranty work). All paying services, I have taken elsewhere.
Old 01-22-15, 01:06 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Originally Posted by DKIS350
What was the reasoning for not honoring the warranty? I worked in a Toyota dealer for years and would warranty anything and everything that i could within reason. That went into my check. 95% of all dealers pay their service staff a portion of warranty so I dont see why they would turn you away.

The only time i never honored a warranty was if it was an aftermarket extended warranty purchased outside of our dealership that would not pay us with a credit card. Too many shady aftermarket companies.

Other than the only other time i refused to do business with a customer was if they were insanely difficult, belligerent, and rude. And that only happened once. No lie they had issues and cops were called lol.
I think they black list my name because every time dealing with corporate, I win all the times and i made sure they look bad with corporate.
Old 01-23-15, 04:39 AM
DKIS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were under warranty then they are just asses lol.

Now outside of factory warranty, in a goodwill situation, I rarely offered any assistance to a customer that was spending money elsewhere. Wouldnt do me any good knowing they wont be back(in many cases anyways). Unless it was a situation where the warranty had JUST expired in time or mileage, or if they were just a serious DIY-er, then sure id goodwill stuff to try and gain a customer. But when as a dealer they are given $XXXX.XX of goodwill dollars by the manufacturer to use monthly for goodwill, they of course want to save it for the customers they see regularly.

Sounds like a weird dealer here, Id find another! There is too much competition for a dealer to treat customers crappy.
Old 01-23-15, 12:16 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, that will never happen in Longo Lexus. Longo is very helpful doing free diagnose all my issues when my car has warranty. Their service advisers are super helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I'm glad I have Longo Lexus in Southern CA
Old 01-24-15, 11:57 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

lol, sounds similar to this guy in the link below who got banned. The dealership couldn't fix an issue and messed up his windshield in the process, when he complains, he was banned from both dealership.

I go to Scottsdale Lexus for quite a bit of warranty work and never have problems.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...hoenix-az.html

Originally Posted by ISFWes
If they were the only Lexus dealer available I could understand. but there not. So why do you keep going back?

Vote with your wallet.
Location-wise they have both Lexus dealerships in northern metro Phoenix area, and the other dealerships might be quite a bit further away.
Old 01-24-15, 01:04 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Originally Posted by nosurprise
lol, sounds similar to this guy in the link below who got banned. The dealership couldn't fix an issue and messed up his windshield in the process, when he complains, he was banned from both dealership.

I go to Scottsdale Lexus for quite a bit of warranty work and never have problems.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...hoenix-az.html

Location-wise they have both Lexus dealerships in northern metro Phoenix area, and the other dealerships might be quite a bit further away.
Arrowhead Lexus is 5 minutes from my work which is the only reason i go to them. Needless to say, when you come in and tell them what you know about certain problems with the vehicle, they remember your name and with enough complaints you make, they would banned you like they did me. I will never make another purchase from them anymore.
Old 01-24-15, 05:41 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember another member getting ban awhile from the same dealership when he complained about damages that was done by the dealer to his windshield.

I highly recommend Scottsdale Lexus, they know how to take care of their customers.

I bought my 2009 IS 250 from lexus of chandler and had been going there for services and other things since it was closer to my house. when I took my 2014 IS 350 a few months back in for its 5k service, the lot porter curbed my 2 week old ordens and had the service advisor add the damage to the paper work after I had signed it. I brought it to the service advisor attention and he was trying to blame it on me and was actually saying that I might have done it myself and that I didn't know how to drive my own car. i have a dash cam in my car and had told him that I will have proof of them damaging my rim but he still was insisited that it was me. Anyways Long story short, the GM was contacted and it had since been resolved but it just left a sour impression for me that the service advisor would do something like.
Old 01-25-15, 04:21 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by DKIS350
What was the reasoning for not honoring the warranty?.
I think there is a lot missing from this poster's story.

I have been to Bell Lexus one time in 2012 to get a 60k service items done as they were over $200 cheaper than all the other Lexus dealers in the Phoenix area. I got a loaner and was treated just like I have been at Lexus of Portland and Lexus of Omaha (I've moved quite a bit since 2010).

Since the 60k I have used Lexus of Chandler exclusively and they even let me bring my own parts purchased from Sewell; hell, they even give me a loaner for an oil change. Dax is a fantastic service advisor there and I can't give him enough praise for how he takes care of me. I have 120k on my IS now....and I am shooting for 300k.
Old 01-25-15, 04:41 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

so, you been there one time and it turns out fine for you is enough to imply OP is not being truthful.

Did you also read the link I posted about someone visiting the same dealerships and was banned from both? It's interesting how he found out the dealerships are owned by the same person. It seems that as long as you're lucky and the techs didn't messed up so you need to complain, you're good.
Old 01-25-15, 06:35 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Originally Posted by 355F1
I think there is a lot missing from this poster's story.

I have been to Bell Lexus one time in 2012 to get a 60k service items done as they were over $200 cheaper than all the other Lexus dealers in the Phoenix area. I got a loaner and was treated just like I have been at Lexus of Portland and Lexus of Omaha (I've moved quite a bit since 2010).

Since the 60k I have used Lexus of Chandler exclusively and they even let me bring my own parts purchased from Sewell; hell, they even give me a loaner for an oil change. Dax is a fantastic service advisor there and I can't give him enough praise for how he takes care of me. I have 120k on my IS now....and I am shooting for 300k.
Bell Lexus is own by the same owner as Arrowhead Lexus.
I have been dealing with both dealers since 2002 when I bought my first Lexus in Arizona. For me to sit around and post all the BS that I have to go through to get my vehicle work on for warranty items over the time of 13 years, I be here all day and the post would be probably be a book long.

Take example:
Lexus battery for my GX470 and IS350 has a 84 months warranty. Up until last year, Lexus warranty starts over at date of replacement. Being here in Arizona where the heat kills your battery real quick. I am lucky if a battery last 2 years. So my vehicle battery was usually replace every two years. Every single time I take my vehicle in for a battery replacement, I would be hassle and try to denied replacing the battery. It take me to call corporate to get the ball rolling. Everytime!

HID bulb burns out every year on my IS350. I would complaint and complaint. What HID bulb would burn out every year? I ask them every time to check the headlight system.... It should not burn out every year.... Tha answer they gave me is there is nothing wrong with it. That HID bulb is only good for 1 year..... Really? So yes.... my car has new bulbs every time during my warranty years and lots of hassle to get it replace every single time. Funny thing is, its the same side ( driver side ) every time!

Melting dash and cracking issue.... I took my IS350 in summer of 2014. Present to the service advisor about the issue. Took him to the car to show him the sticky ness of the dash... He blame it on me using some sort of cleaning products cleaning the dash which now breaks down the dash... Now we all know that's bogus and bull ****. I then ask to speak to the manager present my problem about the dash. They call their dealer detailer, yes the dealer detailer for a second opinion on the sticky, melting dash issue and he too blame it on some sort of cleaning product must have cause the problem.... Really

So I gave corporate a call and demanded that this problem be resolve because its not my fault. I have NEVER use any thing on my dash except WATER. After battling with corporate for 2-3 weeks, they finally agree that Lexus would give me a credit of $800 for the new dash but that I had to paid the labor charges to have them replace at the dealer. Up till now I have not use the $800 Credit because I feel that Lexus should eat the cost of the new dash and installation charges. So to make the story short, I call Arrowhead Lexus last week and inform them that Lexus have agree to replace the dashboard on the IS350. I want to bring my vehicle in for service. They then told me...."you are not welcome here" I am sure that Lexus would warrant the dashboard work at another Lexus dealership.
WTF is that!
Once again, some of you may ask why I go back to the same dealer? The answer is I work 5 minutes away from Arrowhead Lexus. My work schedule is 6 days a week so it was easier for me to get the work there being that I can drop it off in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon without driving across town.
Old 01-25-15, 08:03 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
so, you been there one time and it turns out fine for you is enough to imply OP is not being truthful.
I wasn't questioning the veracity of the OP's claim of being "banned" from the Lexus dealer.

In many aspects of life, with this much extremity from one person's point of view, there are typically some elements missing in the story. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by 355F1; 01-25-15 at 08:06 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arizona Buyer beware of Arrowhead Lexus/Bell Lexus Dealerships