IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-17, 08:07 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

A battle that started November 2008 with Lexus ended 8 years later. I finally got all door panels replaced Thanksgiving week!
Old 01-11-17, 06:48 PM
trippy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just got mine done as well and my loaner was rc 200t fun car
Old 01-12-17, 07:37 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Had the dash done today. About a 10 month wait. Just waiting on door panels now.
Old 01-16-17, 03:17 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the dash replaced back in oct 2016, still waiting for the door panels though. Glad to see some are starting to trickle in.
Old 01-16-17, 03:59 PM
ChanceG
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's crazy bc I had all 4 door panels done back Nov but got my dash replaced last week. At least it's all behind me now!
Old 01-17-17, 03:37 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Starting to read of more and more members having had their door panels replaced; hoping 2017 will be my turn!
Old 01-19-17, 06:39 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Had my dash done about a year ago...still waiting on door panels. Talked to Service Center, they told me nothing they can do and if I wanted to talk to Corporate. I talked to Corp yesterday and worthless. They told me to talk to Dealership to see where I was on the list and that they just do not have supply. I asked them to pick up the bill to go to upholstery shop and have them wrapped. I figured that would be a no go and it was a no go I will call my dealer today to see what they say.

I just got the IS350 from the wife ( she has been driving it as her main car for 3 years) to add to my fleet. Now it is time to add a couple things, thinking coilovers, wheels, exhaust.
Old 01-19-17, 07:56 AM
TRSMAN
Driver School Candidate

I have an 09 and I know the warranty only covers through 08, however my dash is already sticky and melting. The door panels are still perfect though. Has anyone else had the issue on an 09 or above? I am not certain why it stops at 08 since the dash appears to be the same material.
Old 01-20-17, 12:50 PM
kkmax
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2006 IS250 and just joined the waiting list yesterday. SouthBay Lexus (California) told me they're only getting dashboards, and that they haven't seen a single door panel yet - didn't even know if any were forthcoming. I was also told that JUST getting my dash replaced would take 12-18 months of waiting, because Lexus/Toyota is only sending them maybe four replacement dashboards at a time. Even though my car was purchased in February 2006, they didn't hesitate to tell me that it was still fully covered under warranty since it's a known issue (was originally said to be 10 years from drive/purchase date).

Just ordered a "suede" dash cover to eliminate the glare caused by my suddenly shiny/oozy dash. Maybe it won't look too cheesy, but I don't have my hopes set too high. The reflection into the windshield is a major driving hazard - never mind how potentially toxic this gooey substance is - so the long wait (and the many years they've kept making cars with this defective trim) is reprehensible.

Anyone know if these replacement dashboards are free of the issue, or is Toyota/Lexus just resetting the clock on the issue?
Old 01-20-17, 12:53 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by kkmax
I have a 2006 IS250 and just joined the waiting list yesterday. SouthBay Lexus (California) told me they're only getting dashboards, and that they haven't seen a single door panel yet - didn't even know if any were forthcoming. I was also told that JUST getting my dash replaced would take 12-18 months of waiting, because Lexus/Toyota is only sending them maybe four replacement dashboards at a time. Even though my car was purchased in February 2006, they didn't hesitate to tell me that it was still fully covered under warranty since it's a known issue (was originally said to be 10 years from drive/purchase date).

Just ordered a "suede" dash cover to eliminate the glare caused by my suddenly shiny/oozy dash. Maybe it won't look too cheesy, but I don't have my hopes set too high. The reflection into the windshield is a major driving hazard - never mind how potentially toxic this gooey substance is - so the long wait (and the many years they've kept making cars with this defective trim) is reprehensible.

Anyone know if these replacement dashboards are free of the issue, or is Toyota/Lexus just resetting the clock on the issue?
IIRC, different material so it wont happen again. Also, I believe Lexus is reimbursing people if they buy dash covers, so thats something to look up.
The following users liked this post:
kkmax (01-20-17)
Old 01-25-17, 02:41 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Got the new front door panels today. Definitely an improvement from the chipped ones I had. Everything is new except the window switches (as has been reported here), appreciating the new leather and the speaker grilles that aren't loose at the corners.... Asked about my dash, somehow I went from somewhere around 20 in line to the 100s. Don't know how that makes sense, but it wasn't my usual service advisor that said that, guess I need to leave a message.

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!-gounkab.jpg

Last edited by Zmon; 01-25-17 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-25-17, 03:22 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

I called the dealer and requested an update on my dashboard and door panels, same status, they have 1 side and they have invited me to come in and get it replaced. The other side and the dashboard will take some more time and she told me what number I am on the list.

And I still have on open PASS side airbag that needs replacement!

Then I asked about my RX330’s dashboard and she says, you are about 1.5 to 2 years out…WHAT?

Oh well….
Old 01-25-17, 05:05 PM
videopho
Driver School Candidate

Finally, YES!!!!
After 15 months of waiting. Park Lexus of Plano just called and scheduled this Friday to have the doors and dash board panels replaced,
Old 01-25-17, 06:55 PM
Devin1GS
Driver School Candidate

My dash is literally melting and its kinda grossing me out because I touched it to see if it was actually melting and my fingerprint is on there!! So glad I found this thread. What if I never got a letter in the mail? Should I just call a local dealer and ask about this?
Thanks in advanced.
Old 01-25-17, 09:10 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

finally i got a call from dealer. It's been long long wait.....

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!