IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-16, 03:44 AM
ATZ007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am bit late to this conversation. I haven’t read through all pages (laziness) please can someone tell me what exactly are the problem with the Dash and Door panels with the Lexus IS250 2006-2008?

Also anyone know if this also apply to UK?

Thanks,
Old 07-20-16, 07:44 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Anyone else get this CL email, read the title: 5 Easy Interior Upgrades for your Lexus

..... and immediately think, "YEAH! A dash and 4 door panels!" haha
Old 08-17-16, 08:09 AM
sleeper41
Driver School Candidate

I wanted to report a follow-up - Lexus has replaced on the melting parts on my 2009 Lexus LS460 with 76,000 miles. ! I am so pleased.

Old 08-17-16, 08:10 AM
sleeper41
Driver School Candidate

I wanted to report a follow-up - Lexus has replaced on the melting parts on my 2009 Lexus LS460 with 76,000 miles. ! I am so pleased. Above and beyond in my view and I'm very appreciative. What a car company!
Old 08-17-16, 01:56 PM
Gohanburne
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

So what are the steps to getting Lexus to fix this? My dash is "OK" but my door panel is literally cracked through and has scratches in areas. Do I just call up Lexus and straightforwardly ask them to help me with it?
Old 08-17-16, 02:52 PM
Minhtin
Driver School Candidate

Call your local dealer. They'll have you bring in your car and they'll do an inspection on it.

For or those that had your dash replaced, is it made of different material? Is the new dash prone to melting as well?
Old 08-18-16, 07:03 AM
Letxen3
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think its different material but i don't think it will melt again it better not. just got my dash done yesterday, next is the door panels.

Attached Thumbnails FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!-sticky-melting-dash-fix.jpg  
Old 08-18-16, 08:33 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Like the others have said, they have to inspect it and take photos. Then if replacement is deemed necessary , order the parts, which could take several months.
Old 08-22-16, 07:27 AM
kingdave
Driver School Candidate

I just parted ways with my 2007 IS 250. I'd recently purchased a rear driver's side door panel from an 09, it's black top with gray bottom. If somebody wants it and can either pick it up from me in Houston or cover the cost of shipping, it's free to a good home.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151364837763
Old 08-23-16, 12:41 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I finally took my car in to get inspected because my dash is REALLY BAD. They informed me that if it meets the qualificaitons to get the dash replaced then they will replace it but they are a year and a half out on supplies. The guy did tell me that if you buy the dash and get it replaced 3rd party with receipts, Lexus WILL refund you 100% of the money with in 2 weeks.

I threw the guy for a loop and asked what if I buy the dash and have THEM replace it at the dealership I was at. He spoke to the service manager and they said that if I buy the dash to get replaced, the WILL replace it for FREE and turn in my receipts for refund. However... its at the discretion of the dealership to do this though.
Old 08-23-16, 03:45 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
I finally took my car in to get inspected because my dash is REALLY BAD. They informed me that if it meets the qualificaitons to get the dash replaced then they will replace it but they are a year and a half out on supplies. The guy did tell me that if you buy the dash and get it replaced 3rd party with receipts, Lexus WILL refund you 100% of the money with in 2 weeks.

I threw the guy for a loop and asked what if I buy the dash and have THEM replace it at the dealership I was at. He spoke to the service manager and they said that if I buy the dash to get replaced, the WILL replace it for FREE and turn in my receipts for refund. However... its at the discretion of the dealership to do this though.
I've been thinking about this to get around their little wait, going on 9 months now.. It sounds like a good way to get to the front of the queue, but the potential hassle to go through for the refund doesn't seem entirely worth it.
Old 08-23-16, 07:20 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmon
I've been thinking about this to get around their little wait, going on 9 months now.. It sounds like a good way to get to the front of the queue, but the potential hassle to go through for the refund doesn't seem entirely worth it.
yeah the guy was not very helpful on the lexus corporate refund part and last thing i want to do is front up to 1500 for dash and install for them to only tell me no. I asked if they can write some sort of letter confirming that it meets the standards so that really guarentee's the refund. this guy was pretty helpful but also re-assured me that its purely at the discretion of the dealership not everyone will warrant this
Old 09-09-16, 08:15 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What have been your wait times to get your dash replaced. I am going on about 1.5 years on the list at south bay lexus in So Ca with no luck. I am getting to the point that I don't think it is every going to happen and the glare off my dash is horrendous. Any tips to get things moving?
Old 09-09-16, 11:49 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportskid1
What have been your wait times to get your dash replaced. I am going on about 1.5 years on the list at south bay lexus in So Ca with no luck. I am getting to the point that I don't think it is every going to happen and the glare off my dash is horrendous. Any tips to get things moving?
10 months. Supposedly I'm 8th in line for my door panels, though I'm pretty sure they only ordered the fronts for me so I need to get on them about getting the rears. As for the dash, 21st in line. They claim they do about 3-4 cars per week, sooo.

Honestly, I'm a little frustrated it's taking this long. Even my Camry didn't take this long, I believe I only waited 6 months for that dash. Same dealer too, just their Toyota building next door to their Lexus building. The door panels don't really bother me as much as the dash does, although either I need to take them off soon or something as the rubber gaskets are scratching my new tint, I'm assuming the tinter the previous owner took it to messed them up because they were scratched up the same way.

Last edited by Zmon; 09-09-16 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-12-16, 06:15 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportskid1
I am in the same boat, I just don't think it will ever happen here. 21 months and nothing on the horizon.
Originally Posted by Zmon
10 months. Supposedly I'm 8th in line for my door panels, though I'm pretty sure they only ordered the fronts for me so I need to get on them about getting the rears. As for the dash, 21st in line. They claim they do about 3-4 cars per week, sooo.
It could be worse, at least your line is moving. I've been on the list for a dash for 21 months, I'm 97th in line, they have done zero so far and they have zero timeline on getting any. The forecast on door panels is so bleak, they didn't even bother to make a waiting list for that.

Last edited by Tungstn-IS; 09-12-16 at 06:22 AM.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!