IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-15, 06:46 PM
anish3232
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I just got my car back after it was in the shop over the past week.

Good news the dashboard was replaced and looks great. Almost like new. Another good thing, the car was sitting at the dealer for 4-5 days so the plastic smell is gone.

Bad news the door panels are not in yet. Apparently they received 1 of 4. Not sure what is going on but I'm still holding for those to come in.
Old 12-01-15, 07:55 PM
JD1324
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got myself on the waiting list. Year out but dashes are not in the bad of shape. See some cracking on the doors but I maintain my car well. Whooo... Can't wait
Old 12-02-15, 07:25 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anish3232
I just got my car back after it was in the shop over the past week.

Good news the dashboard was replaced and looks great. [COLOR="Red"]Almost like new. Another good thing, the car was sitting at the dealer for 4-5 days so the plastic smell is gone.

Bad news the door panels are not in yet. Apparently they received 1 of 4. Not sure what is going on but I'm still holding for those to come in.

"Almost like new"? They replaced it with an used one? It's supposed to be a brand new one bud, you have to talk to them about that!
Old 12-02-15, 07:36 PM
anish3232
Driver

Haha it's new... Wasn't to happy about how dirty they got the car. Windshield has white marks and there were several old clips and screws all over the rubber mats. I am assuming they did not wash the car. Oh well I'll make a trip there this weekend for a free wash and bug them about my door panels.

Originally Posted by my07is350

"Almost like new"? They replaced it with an used one? It's supposed to be a brand new one bud, you have to talk to them about that!
Old 12-07-15, 10:18 AM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Update for me: seems Lexus is definitely not prioritizing fixes, as the rep I just called at my local Lexus dealer says replacement dashes can take up to 20-24 weeks to arrive T_T. They say they haven't been getting any IS dashes in, and Lexus only ships them 1-2 per month, alternating between ES/RS/GX models.

So 2 months and waiting...
Old 12-08-15, 02:08 AM
anish3232
Driver

Not sure how true this is. My dash arrived in 4 weeks or less after My dealer placed my order. They even told me I wasn't the first on their list. I think they had 4-5 people in front of me. However the door panels are still not in.

Originally Posted by ColdFusion
Update for me: seems Lexus is definitely not prioritizing fixes, as the rep I just called at my local Lexus dealer says replacement dashes can take up to 20-24 weeks to arrive T_T. They say they haven't been getting any IS dashes in, and Lexus only ships them 1-2 per month, alternating between ES/RS/GX models.

Old 12-08-15, 07:18 AM
HybridHB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anish3232
Not sure how true this is. My dash arrived in 4 weeks or less after My dealer placed my order. They even told me I wasn't the first on their list. I think they had 4-5 people in front of me. However the door panels are still not in.
Lexus of Orlando told me the same thing they told ColdFusion. Ive been on the list for 2 months and havent heard anything.

Last edited by HybridHB; 12-08-15 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-08-15, 11:57 AM
anish3232
Driver

Originally Posted by HybridHB
Lexus of Orlando told me the same thing they told ColdFusion. Ive been on the list for 2 months and haven heard anything.
I guess this has to do with location and the waiting list then. My dealer (Lexington, KY) probably does not have a large waiting list compared to Orlando, Miami, LA, TX etc. The IS is my wife's car and has been in Baton Rouge from 06 - 11, so the dash got pretty banged up with the heat in Louisiana.
Old 12-08-15, 12:05 PM
goy091
Driver School Candidate

My door panels and dash took ~6 months to come in. They ordered it at the same time they were replacing my short block for the carbon build up issue. It took a long time, but they got all the work done with $0 out of pocket for me. This is Servco Lexus in Honolulu.
Old 12-09-15, 10:29 AM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdFusion

I took mine in in July of 2015 for the inspection and was approved at that time for dash and door replacement. I went in November to get an update and they haven't even done the first IS yet at this location (Westlake Village in Thousand Oaks, CA) and are still trying to get all the ES vehicles done. They said they only get a dash every 2 weeks because demand is so high, and they've got a huge stack of papers with vehicles to go through.

They had no update, but hope to get to it by next fall they said.

I hope that the delay time in getting the parts means that they aren't skimping out and going with a quickie supplier that would be a decrease in quality. I've got no problem in waiting for the right, quality parts.
Old 12-09-15, 06:40 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Waiting for mines. Got ordered by local Lexus dealership and it's like back logged almost 2 1/2 months.
Old 12-13-15, 12:08 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My dealership changed my 2009's is350 dash and door panel.

What do you guys use to clean it? Cuz i know some cleaner will make some white spots
Old 12-13-15, 01:20 PM
cleethree
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My dealer just ordered 4 doors and a dash for me last week. Hopefully I won't have to wait 6 months.
Old 12-13-15, 09:39 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by metaleckz
My dealership changed my 2009's is350 dash and door panel.

What do you guys use to clean it? Cuz i know some cleaner will make some white spots
Which dealer did you bring yours to? How bad was your dash and door panel?
Old 12-18-15, 02:11 PM
Steelo350
Driver School Candidate

Hey all,

I'm a new member from New Zealand, seeing this thread made me register as I have a few questions regarding the dash replacement.

I have an 06 IS350 which has the sticky dash issue and some damage has occurred because of this - some scratches, smudging and some crumbling around the vent/stereo area. Which is a real shame because the car itself is really mint with only 55,000kms.

I have been in touch with Lexus NZ regarding sticky dash/poor appearance issue, they do acknowledge the issue with these models but since my car is an import from Japan it is not covered by the original warranty. They say this is because the car has left its "country of origin". It kinda makes sense to me but I though I would ask you guys.

I have been in touch with my local dealer and they have priced up a replacement dash pad for me which it's actually a lot cheaper than I thought it would be (under $600 NZD) so I would likely just pay for a replacement myself.

So my questions being, Should Lexus be covering my car or are they right in saying the factory warranty no longer applies due to the car being exported from its country of origin?

Also, What is the replacement dash? Do they install the same dash, or is it from a later model or what?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!