IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Old 05-27-15, 09:53 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Bring to dealer for inspection. You can also call Lexus Headquarter to check your vin# if your car on the list.

Originally Posted by Knarf916
Hey all...I have an 06 is350. My door panels seem to have smears and blemishes that can't be wiped or cleaned. my dash doesn't seem too bad except for a hairline crack(barely noticeable) and also a tiny chip by the passenger side. Just got the car about a month ago and tried cleaning, wiping with wipes and dash does seem a bit sticky. I believe I'm the third owner and I bought the car from a used lot with a warranty along with it but it's more of a third party type. Warranty Solutions is what it's called to be exact. I'm just wondering if I can get mine replaced before it gets worst. I've registered in Lexus Drivers already and didn't see anything done concerning the dash and door panels. Only saw a recall from October 2014 for ELF potential fuel pressure sensor leak as someone mentioned in page 10 of this thread. Any advice would help before I make a fool out of myself at the dealership when I bring it in to get that mentioned recall serviced.
Old 05-27-15, 09:58 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

My was pretty bad all four door and dashboard.

Old 05-27-15, 09:59 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Old 05-28-15, 08:16 AM
meteoro
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my car in for inspection, and they told me Lexus delayed once again the ordering of parts till June. My letter originally said to take the car in after May 11th? Has anyone else heard this?
Kinda pissed as the service rep himself told me to bring it in after the 11th last time I was there in April.
Old 05-28-15, 02:13 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Just got my done couple of day ago in Minnesota. Now I'm taking no chance.

Old 06-01-15, 01:41 PM
jdiron29
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meteoro
I took my car in for inspection, and they told me Lexus delayed once again the ordering of parts till June. My letter originally said to take the car in after May 11th? Has anyone else heard this?
Kinda pissed as the service rep himself told me to bring it in after the 11th last time I was there in April.

Parts will be available in June, all cars will be serviced on a case by case basis for now and will likely be taking more cars as more parts become available
Old 06-01-15, 03:26 PM
Knarf916
Rookie

Hope they'll cover mine.
Old 06-02-15, 12:49 AM
POISOwNer
Driver School Candidate

Default Melting dash

Back in 2012 I joined this forum looking for answers to my melting interior on my 2007 IS 250 particularly the dash which was so bad it was a gelatinous pool of reflective plastics that obscured one's view of the road in bright sunlight. I got the answers I sought and learned there were many other Lexus owners with the same problems and complaints. It took some prodding but eventually my dash was replaced with me paying half and corporate paying half. Fast forward 3 years and a recall is finally issued! So, the recall notice I received stated that if I had paid to have the dash repaired/replaced that I would be refunded the cost. All I had to do was submit a claim. Well I submitted everything that Lexus corporate required, invoice of repairs, payment, title of ownership... Today I get a letter stating that my claim was denied because I did not submit and I quote "detailed and itemized repair order/invoice from the Toyota dealership showing discounts/insurance applied." I called the Lexus dealership that replaced the dash and they are scratching their heads as to what is corporate thinking. Why the runaround? So in the morning I will do battle with the beast known as Lexus Corporation. I think after the panels are replaced I'm just going to trade it and be done with this foolishness.
Old 06-02-15, 05:43 AM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by POISOwNer
Back in 2012 I joined this forum looking for answers to my melting interior on my 2007 IS 250 particularly the dash which was so bad it was a gelatinous pool of reflective plastics that obscured one's view of the road in bright sunlight. I got the answers I sought and learned there were many other Lexus owners with the same problems and complaints. It took some prodding but eventually my dash was replaced with me paying half and corporate paying half. Fast forward 3 years and a recall is finally issued! So, the recall notice I received stated that if I had paid to have the dash repaired/replaced that I would be refunded the cost. All I had to do was submit a claim. Well I submitted everything that Lexus corporate required, invoice of repairs, payment, title of ownership... Today I get a letter stating that my claim was denied because I did not submit and I quote "detailed and itemized repair order/invoice from the Toyota dealership showing discounts/insurance applied." I called the Lexus dealership that replaced the dash and they are scratching their heads as to what is corporate thinking. Why the runaround? So in the morning I will do battle with the beast known as Lexus Corporation. I think after the panels are replaced I'm just going to trade it and be done with this foolishness.
i know how you feel man, sometimes i am that way too. If something doesnt go the way it suppose to, i just say F it and either cancel, leave, go another route, etc.
Old 06-02-15, 05:44 AM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh yeah and on the dash replacement, i called Lexus of Tampa Bay and the person said, it would probably be around October before i can bring it in. Is this true? should i just wait till i get another letter in the mail or call up Corp. to see if they can get it done quicker?
Old 06-02-15, 07:06 AM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Deathrow23
oh yeah and on the dash replacement, i called Lexus of Tampa Bay and the person said, it would probably be around October before i can bring it in. Is this true? should i just wait till i get another letter in the mail or call up Corp. to see if they can get it done quicker?
Some dealer say June waiting for part. I would try at different Lexus dealer or ask Lexus Headquarter.
Old 06-02-15, 07:08 AM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by POISOwNer
Good luck. There were member in CL who pay for dasboard before recall and got ful refund. From Lexus headquarter.
Old 06-10-15, 03:49 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MWIS350
Some dealer say June waiting for part. I would try at different Lexus dealer or ask Lexus Headquarter.
Here is the letter I got from my dealer regarding the timeline. Looks like August. IS is the last ones to get the replacements.

Old 06-10-15, 08:37 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

I did not receive any letter for dasboard recall. I just call Lexus Headquarter then dealer for inspection. I think I got my done quick because in Minnesota most people does not have issue with dasboard crack or sticky.
Old 06-11-15, 07:11 PM
Gville350

Received 426 Likes on 382 Posts

Hadn't received that second follow-up letter yet. Next time I'm in the area, I'll stop in at my local dealership and see whereabouts they're sitting on this recall.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!