IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No more fog light mod?

Old 08-09-14, 07:18 AM
3sm1l
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more fog light mod?

Hello!

Like 2 or 3 days ago, I was parking my car on reverse and turned off my foglights (I have (had?) the fog light mod were only they come on with the first turn of the stalk).

The next morning, as i was parking on my workplace, i noticed that i was running with my fog lights off, even though i turned them on in the stalk.

Today i decided to diagnose what the problem was, i reached my fog lights, took one out, tested with another one i had on a box and they came on, but not with the first turn of the stalk. They came on when i turn my low beams (as stock?)

I Also have HID on my high beams, and noticed that one of them went off at the same time that the problem happened with the said fog lights. Upon further inspection, i noticed that the ballast was the culprit for the High Beam bulb not coming on, I replaced it and the light is back on normal.

What i'm wondering is, why i don't have my fog mod anymore? could be the cause the high beam ballast that broke and caused some kind of issue? As i said, now the fog lights now come on only when i turn the stalk to the low beam, as soon as i turn on my high beam they shut off

Last edited by 3sm1l; 08-09-14 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-09-14, 07:59 PM
Snyperifle
Pole Position

Just check on the wires where you did the foglight mod.. chances are the wiring came loose. Happened to me so I soldered everything.
Old 08-15-14, 10:55 AM
3sm1l
Rookie

Thank you for your response Snyper.

The weird thing is that when i bought the car, it came that way. I could turn only my fog lights apart from the Low Beam/ Hi Beams and if i turned on my high beams, the fog lights would stay on.

I thought the previous owner did the mod. But i checked the wires in the Fuse module and there is no mod done! So i don't know how it was working like that on the first place. Or is there another way to do this mod without tapping the wires on the fuse box?
Old 08-15-14, 09:09 PM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the country of origin too. I remember someone explained that in Japan the fog lights work independently.

Here ya go (in the fog light mod thread): https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7019654-post161.html

Last edited by iNfectious; 08-15-14 at 09:15 PM.