IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Rear view mirror (actual mirror)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-14, 08:35 PM
VinayRaju
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear view mirror (actual mirror)

anyone know where I could buy purely a MIRROR to replace my rear view mirror? im talking just the actual mirror, not the entire rear view mirror set

i have looked on sewell lexus and I couldnt find anything
Old 07-21-14, 09:48 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

You haven't stated why or what mirror, but I assume it's the inside rearview mirror, and something's wrong with your glass. If so, this thread (which is current) may interest you:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ew-mirror.html

Lou
Old 07-22-14, 11:32 AM
VinayRaju
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
You haven't stated why or what mirror, but I assume it's the inside rearview mirror, and something's wrong with your glass. If so, this thread (which is current) may interest you:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ew-mirror.html

Lou
yeah, sorry it is the inside rear view mirror. i just asked on that forum, but its not that much help. i need to know whether any place sells the actual glass mirror, not the entire rear view mirror set. or, i need to find someone who knows how to install a rear view mirror if i decide to purchase one online
Old 07-22-14, 11:45 AM
Serifiyah
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get it fixed at radar-mirror.com

http://radar-mirror.com/Mirror_Repair.html

Or you can do what angus did and buy the mirror panel directly from them and install it yourself.
Originally Posted by angus
I just did mine about 15min ago.

Bought the mirror panel directly from radarmirror (no warranty if installing yourself, but I don't care)

It is super easy and took me under 10min - it is optional to remove the mirror from the car, I chose NOT to.

Unsnap the mirror frame, then you will see 2 wires soldered to the metal frame of the glass.

Tin the new frame in a couple spots and solder the wires to it.

Replace the foam weatherstrip on the back of the glass ( I had some nice Traxxas stuff that came with my slash 4x4!)

Put the mirror in place and replace the frame (snap it in carefully so as not to put pressure on the mirror) and make sure the circuit board and rubber button are correctly positioned.

Voila!

Tested mine with a flashlight shining on it and works like a charm!
Old 07-22-14, 11:54 AM
VinayRaju
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Serifiyah
You can get it fixed at radar-mirror.com

http://radar-mirror.com/Mirror_Repair.html

Or you can do what angus did and buy the mirror panel directly from them and install it yourself.
yeah i know about radar mirror. only prroblem is i have no idea how to take the mirror off and put it back in. i have looked at the forums, but it seems a lil complicated and i dont have solder and stuff to put it back on. do you think i should still try it out?
Old 07-22-14, 01:22 PM
Serifiyah
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VinayRaju
yeah i know about radar mirror. only prroblem is i have no idea how to take the mirror off and put it back in. i have looked at the forums, but it seems a lil complicated and i dont have solder and stuff to put it back on. do you think i should still try it out?
If you were to do it with radar mirror, you would just have to send the entire mirror assembly. They will replace the mirror, reassemble it back together and ship it back to you. All you have to do is reattach the mirror assembly back onto your car.
Old 07-22-14, 01:34 PM
VinayRaju
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Serifiyah
If you were to do it with radar mirror, you would just have to send the entire mirror assembly. They will replace the mirror, reassemble it back together and ship it back to you. All you have to do is reattach the mirror assembly back onto your car.
yeah i know. i just dont know how to detach the mirror. it looks a lil complicated, and i have no experience with it. do you think i should just attempt it?