IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help needed! Please! Car battery replacement...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-14, 04:39 PM
Flium10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AAP runs coupons for 30 - 40% off almost every other week. You can probably pick up a good battery with a solid warranty for just under $100. They have no problem installing it for you as well.
Old 07-02-14, 05:51 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chuya562
Lexus of Cerritos in California
Forget them and call up Longo Lexus and see if they can work with you.
Old 07-03-14, 12:35 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Lexus of Cerritos in California
That's bull! Car is few months old you should try and contact Lexus corp. See what they say.
Old 07-03-14, 05:57 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ............

My Battery died and it was out of warranty so I bought a Platinum battery from Advance auto
used coupon code WD27 to get $50 off $100

What a deal!

But in your case CPO should cover it.

Old 07-03-14, 06:40 AM
jsh139
Rookie

Originally Posted by Flium10
AAP runs coupons for 30 - 40% off almost every other week. You can probably pick up a good battery with a solid warranty for just under $100. They have no problem installing it for you as well.
+1 for this. AZ and Advance Auto Parts have crazy discounts all the time. Just search retailmenot or one of the other coupon sites and there's almost always an active coupon.
Old 07-03-14, 06:51 AM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regarding the reset:
I can't remember what all got reset. You will lose your seat recall and mirror settings. You will have to reprogram the windows, but that is easy. Some things may depend on the options you have

You may have to reset tone controls for audio, or reprogram radio stations depending on the audio options you have (maybe you don't, I'm just speculating here). I don't think it forgets maintenance info. No idea on contacts since I never used it.
Anyone else know?

For me it was certainly nothing major. If I were you (and I'm not), I'd ask autozone to just install and tell them you'll live with the consequences.

Oh, your ecu will reset, but it will learn again on its own. Nothing you can do about that anyway.

Replacing the battery is fairly simple. If you know anyone even half mechanically inclined, they should be able to replace it for you.

Last edited by scott1256c; 07-03-14 at 06:55 AM. Reason: extra comment
Old 07-03-14, 08:15 AM
chuya562
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
My Battery died and it was out of warranty so I bought a Platinum battery from Advance auto
used coupon code WD27 to get $50 off $100

What a deal!

But in your case CPO should cover it.

wow! what a bargain!!!

I thought it would be covered but unfortunately its not...
Old 07-03-14, 08:28 AM
chuya562
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ants250
That's bull! Car is few months old you should try and contact Lexus corp. See what they say.
I know! right!! it sucks BIG time!

I did call Lexus Corporate and i explained the situation, and she put me on a brief hold while she checked the contract or something to see if they had replaced the old battery with a new one when i purchased the car.

she came back on the line and said they did not change it, because the people that are doing the inspection don't have to replace the battery. she said that they do test the battery and as long as it still has some juice in it they just leave it like that! AND batteries are excluded from the warranty....

i told her "omg that doesn't make any sense."

then she said " makes perfect sense to me!"
lol yesterday was NOT my day!
Old 07-03-14, 08:59 AM
chuya562
Driver School Candidate

Wink

UPDATE:

So They called me back from Lexus of Cerritos and told me the only thing they can do is sell me a battery for $100 and free installation. I guess i'm taking the offer just because it's a little cheaper than buying the battery at autozone.

I'm suppose to go there today after work so hopefully everything goes smooth.

I just want to say how disappointed I am with Lexus. I really believed they were top notch! lol!

They have the worse customer service!

I really do appreciate all of you! thank you for your help!!! you guys are awesome!
Old 07-03-14, 10:02 AM
Serifiyah
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I know! right!! it sucks BIG time!

I did call Lexus Corporate and i explained the situation, and she put me on a brief hold while she checked the contract or something to see if they had replaced the old battery with a new one when i purchased the car.

she came back on the line and said they did not change it, because the people that are doing the inspection don't have to replace the battery. she said that they do test the battery and as long as it still has some juice in it they just leave it like that! AND batteries are excluded from the warranty....

i told her "omg that doesn't make any sense."

then she said " makes perfect sense to me!"
lol yesterday was NOT my day!
Batteries are usually not covered under warranty because it categorized as a "wear and tear" item.
Old 07-03-14, 10:13 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Serifiyah
Batteries are usually not covered under warranty because it categorized as a "wear and tear" item.
Lexus' Oem battery normally have a 84 month warranty. My battery went bad after 3 years and Crown Lexus' replaced it with a new one for free. I also have a 2010'
Old 07-03-14, 10:28 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

UPDATE: So They called me back from Lexus of Cerritos and told me the only thing they can do is sell me a battery for $100 and free installation. I guess i'm taking the offer just because it's a little cheaper than buying the battery at autozone. I'm suppose to go there today after work so hopefully everything goes smooth. I just want to say how disappointed I am with Lexus. I really believed they were top notch! lol! They have the worse customer service! I really do appreciate all of you! thank you for your help!!! you guys are awesome!
yea gotta take that deal
Old 07-03-14, 10:43 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Forget them and call up Longo Lexus and see if they can work with you.
I, with a CPO vehicle from their lot, had the battery die and I was charged. Even when it was deduced that the Alternator was the culprit.

UPDATE:
So They called me back from Lexus of Cerritos and told me the only thing they can do is sell me a battery for $100 and free installation. I guess i'm taking the offer just because it's a little cheaper than buying the battery at autozone.
I'm suppose to go there today after work so hopefully everything goes smooth.
I just want to say how disappointed I am with Lexus. I really believed they were top notch! lol!
They have the worse customer service!
I really do appreciate all of you! thank you for your help!!! you guys are awesome!
I wouldn't say the customer service is bad, I'd say it sounds like you didn't get what you wanted. The battery is a normal wear item (as mentioned earlier). Its just a bad luck situation. I am glad they were able to work with you though.

Originally Posted by mong
Lexus' Oem battery normally have a 84 month warranty. My battery went bad after 3 years and Crown Lexus' replaced it with a new one for free. I also have a 2010'
Crown is pretty good. The benefit of getting the battery at Lexus is they'll replace one "no questions asked" if it's under their warranty. Or at least that was my experience before. I'm told Costco is the same.
Old 10-17-16, 12:59 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

i will agree that battery are wear n tear item but I was always able to get a new car battery when under the bumper to bumper warranty. due to the fact that the alternator must be horrible in the whole is line as I own one since 2007. and noticed my batteries wouldn't last longer than 2 years. so on my old is350 it was concluded that the alternator was faulty. so just be aware. in stead of just blindly replacing your car battery.