IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-14, 11:46 AM
liqB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could someone please please post some cutoff pics?
Old 04-07-14, 06:39 PM
comcongen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My stock headlights are factory hid, if I install these ebay lights, can I still use the factory ballast and bulb?
Btw, these lights look good IMO, how much does it usually cost for i stall action?
Old 04-07-14, 07:19 PM
Serifiyah
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by comcongen
My stock headlights are factory hid, if I install these ebay lights, can I still use the factory ballast and bulb?
Btw, these lights look good IMO, how much does it usually cost for i stall action?
No because the bulbs are not the same. EBay light uses H1 bulbs. Stock bulbs are DS4. IMO, I wouldn't downgrade from HID projectors to halogen projectors just to have LED.
Old 04-08-14, 06:45 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Serifiyah
No because the bulbs are not the same. EBay light uses H1 bulbs. Stock bulbs are DS4. IMO, I wouldn't downgrade from HID projectors to halogen projectors just to have LED.
I agree. Although you could retrofit some D4S projectors into these lights, then use the OEM equipment, but that would require quite a bit of work, especially if you don't know what you're doing.
Old 04-08-14, 09:11 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Question for those who installed a HID kit...

how did you get your bulb to stay in the socket? I can't seem to find a way without using electric tape to attach the h1 bulb to the two metal rings in order to get it to stay. The halogen bulb doesnt have this problem cause you can sandwich it between the two rings. Alternatively has anyone tried to see whether a h7 or d2h bulb will fit (alibaba says this uses a h7/d2h, whereas ebay says this uses a h1 bulb)

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-08-14, 07:07 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Question for those who installed a HID kit...

how did you get your bulb to stay in the socket? I can't seem to find a way without using electric tape to attach the h1 bulb to the two metal rings in order to get it to stay. The halogen bulb doesnt have this problem cause you can sandwich it between the two rings. Alternatively has anyone tried to see whether a h7 or d2h bulb will fit (alibaba says this uses a h7/d2h, whereas ebay says this uses a h1 bulb)

Thanks in advance!
I can now confirm that h7 bulbs will not fit. I have a feeling the d2h will fit as the h1 adapter that comes with the headlights is 32mm, whereas the base of a d2h bulb is also 32mm. Just pulled the trigger on some moirmoto d2h bulbs and will report back once they arrive (hopefully by the weekend)
Old 04-26-14, 11:12 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

*Update*

D2h bulbs are a direct fit into these headlights. I installed some morimoto three five 5k D2h bulbs and the cutoff and visibility is insane! Pics below. Also its been a months since installing and the LEDs are still running strong. However I have to return the headlights, as one was missing a tab thus allowed for the unit to move a little, which ultimately led to stress cracks in the plastic housing. K2motor on ebay is refunding me 100% + a little $ compensation since they are currently out of stock on the headlights so they were not able to replace. My morimoto D2h bulbs are for sale for $30 shipped to US48 if anyone is interested...

Output with D2h 5000k
Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)-yvlxt23.jpg

Cutoff with D2h. I didn't play with the cutoff/align it at all in this pic.
Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)-ku25yct.jpg

Morimoto D2h 5k bulbs (Selling mine for $30 shipped since i need to return the headlights)
Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)-stuolzs.jpg

bulbs for sale: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...ml#post8506794

Last edited by pmanliu; 04-26-14 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-26-14, 12:59 PM
Serifiyah
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that cutoff looks almost as good as OEM hid projectors.
Old 04-28-14, 03:24 AM
kennyD
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

It does look as good as OEM cutoff. Unfortunately, that isn't saying much. OEM projectors are pretty horrible.
Old 04-28-14, 05:59 AM
sm1ke
Racer

pmanliu, I'm guessing you're not going to get another pair?
Old 04-28-14, 07:16 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kennyD
It does look as good as OEM cutoff. Unfortunately, that isn't saying much. OEM projectors are pretty horrible.
It is definitely better than the OEM halogen w/ a HID kit for sure. I just swapped back into my OEM headlights and now I feel like I can't see anything. The cutoff on the replicas is impressive and better than OEM imo since the bulb isnt inserted at a right angle like the OEM ones are. Plus the cutoff line is very sharp.

Originally Posted by sm1ke
pmanliu, I'm guessing you're not going to get another pair?
I asked k2motor a few times if they can just send me a replacement but unfortunately they are out of stock and backordered with no ETA. If they are ever in stock again, i'll prob purchase another pair. I had to return them though as my refund period was expiring and they even ate the cost of shipping both ways.
Old 04-28-14, 07:52 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Originally Posted by pmanliu
I asked k2motor a few times if they can just send me a replacement but unfortunately they are out of stock and backordered with no ETA. If they are ever in stock again, i'll prob purchase another pair. I had to return them though as my refund period was expiring and they even ate the cost of shipping both ways.
That's pretty good of them to do that. I only asked because you're selling those bulbs that you just bought for the headlights.

I agree, the OEM projectors are lacking. I'm having some work done by a local retrofitter though, we're going to try upgrading the lens on the projector to see if it makes a difference.
Old 04-28-14, 08:27 AM
Jay954
Rookie

Hmmm maybe down the road I'll get a pair
Old 04-28-14, 09:32 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sm1ke
That's pretty good of them to do that. I only asked because you're selling those bulbs that you just bought for the headlights.

I agree, the OEM projectors are lacking. I'm having some work done by a local retrofitter though, we're going to try upgrading the lens on the projector to see if it makes a difference.
yeah their customer service is top notch. No complaints there

Keep us posted what lens you use for your OEM projectors. I had my shrouds off this past weekend, but unfortunately the 2 screws that hold down the lens itself would not buldge no matter what. The size of the lens is 3" i believe (will need to confirm), so perhaps a sti-r lens would work. However our projectors are still at a disadvantage as the bulb is inserted at a 90 degree angle
Old 05-24-14, 01:28 PM
nelsond19
Driver School Candidate

does any one know if this lights would fit my 2011 model with regular halogen????

Quick Reply: Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)