IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-14, 06:11 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pmanliu
yeah their customer service is top notch. No complaints there

Keep us posted what lens you use for your OEM projectors. I had my shrouds off this past weekend, but unfortunately the 2 screws that hold down the lens itself would not buldge no matter what. The size of the lens is 3" i believe (will need to confirm), so perhaps a sti-r lens would work. However our projectors are still at a disadvantage as the bulb is inserted at a 90 degree angle
So we were able to use the STi-R lenses to improve the cutoff, and it is quite a noticeable difference. However, the beam width is still slightly under par, likely due to projector design. I also installed a new pair of Philips Ultinon 6200k bulbs and I'm happy with the output now.
Old 05-28-14, 09:15 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sm1ke
So we were able to use the STi-R lenses to improve the cutoff, and it is quite a noticeable difference. However, the beam width is still slightly under par, likely due to projector design. I also installed a new pair of Philips Ultinon 6200k bulbs and I'm happy with the output now.
Very nice. What bulb size are you running? I noticed the width was also under pay with the h1 bulbs (HID and regular). However once i used D2h bulbs instead, there was a dramatic difference. Big enough difference that IMO it is better than both stock HID/Halogen w/ quality HID kit.
Old 05-28-14, 11:00 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Very nice. What bulb size are you running? I noticed the width was also under pay with the h1 bulbs (HID and regular). However once i used D2h bulbs instead, there was a dramatic difference. Big enough difference that IMO it is better than both stock HID/Halogen w/ quality HID kit.
I have the Luxury package on my car, so it has the OEM HID projectors and bulbs, which are D2S.

How do the bulbs install on your headlights? Are they side entry as well, or do the bulbs point forward?

Here's a pic of the clear lens on my OEM lights; you can actually see the inside of the projector clearly:

Old 05-28-14, 11:12 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

I have the Luxury package on my car, so it has the OEM HID projectors and bulbs, which are D2S.

How do the bulbs install on your headlights? Are they side entry as well, or do the bulbs point forward?

Here's a pic of the clear lens on my OEM lights; you can actually see the inside of the projector clearly:
Oh ok, that explains. I thought you had done the sti-r to the replica LED headlights, and not to the regular OEM headlights.

The replica LED headlights use a d2h (which is same as d2s, minus the harness for the connector), and point forward, unlike the OEM side install as you mentioned. This is also why i was able to easily get a nice blue spectrum with the replica LED headlights and a good width when paired with morimoto 5k HID bulbs (35 watt). There is some inconsistency in the pattern, but nothing extreme.
Old 06-14-14, 06:54 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

For any one who bought this set, how LEDs are holding up?? Also did the price went up?? I been browsing ebay and couldn't find them any more, they are only sets on the $600 range...
Old 06-25-14, 12:26 AM
ICU2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone bought another set on the Australian forums and water leaked into them during its first car wash lol: http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums...ights/?p=46007
Old 06-25-14, 07:08 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

^interesting. I wonder if that person installed correctly since they also mentioned that the turn signals hyperblink which means he did not install the resistors included with the headlights.

Theres a rubber gasket that goes on the bottom of these headlights. I'm guessing he didnt put it on or did it improperly. I washed my car a few times with a power washer and having these headlights on without any problems.
Old 07-04-14, 03:57 PM
jaluco559
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by topspeed55

The One in the middle isn't that bad, as for the other two broads they can take a hike Lol..
Old 07-17-14, 11:43 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Recently upgraded all my bulbs (head lights, high beams and parking light). Would the bulbs fit from the old OEM housing to this one? Also, has anyone changed the LED bulbs/is it possible?
Old 08-02-14, 02:58 PM
showjet95
Rookie

*Update*

D2h bulbs are a direct fit into these headlights. I installed some morimoto three five 5k D2h bulbs and the cutoff and visibility is insane! Pics below. Also its been a months since installing and the LEDs are still running strong. However I have to return the headlights, as one was missing a tab thus allowed for the unit to move a little, which ultimately led to stress cracks in the plastic housing. K2motor on ebay is refunding me 100% + a little $ compensation since they are currently out of stock on the headlights so they were not able to replace. My morimoto D2h bulbs are for sale for $30 shipped to US48 if anyone is interested...

Output with D2h 5000k

Cutoff with D2h. I didn't play with the cutoff/align it at all in this pic.

Morimoto D2h 5k bulbs (Selling mine for $30 shipped since i need to return the headlights)

bulbs for sale: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...ml#post8506794
Just ordered a set. Do you have a link for the bulbs you used for this output? Id appreciate it, thanks!
Old 08-02-14, 07:12 PM
sm1ke
Racer

How far away from the wall was your car in that cutoff photo?
Old 08-15-14, 10:43 AM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

anyone have cutoff pictures further back?
Old 08-18-14, 02:51 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

How far away from the wall was your car in that cutoff photo?
5 ft or so. 10ft/15ft back the cutoff is still very sharp. Not sure if i took any pics but will go through my phone
Old 10-02-14, 05:24 AM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

anyone successfully wire the LED to be on constantly yet?
Old 03-16-15, 11:50 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

youd just need a tester!

Quick Reply: Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)