IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)

Old 04-03-14, 05:22 AM
flattire
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Debating on buying these and just replacing each LED with a better one if they go out. What do you guys think? Is it worth the $374? And are they just a plug and play?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2009-Le...717398&vxp=mtr

Last edited by flattire; 04-03-14 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-03-14, 07:30 AM
Brok3n
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flattire
Debating on buying these and just replacing each LED with a better one if they go out. What do you guys think? Is it worth the $374? And are they just a plug and play?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2009-Le...717398&vxp=mtr
They are complete plug and play. The install took like...an hour and a half to two hours. Probably less if you have taken your bumper off before. Also... shop around. I got mine for $346.99 from ebay. I'm still debating if I wanna do anything with the LED's on these... like you mentioned, replacing them with better ones.
Old 04-03-14, 09:16 AM
AndrwIS250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Just finished installing with also a 6k HID kit and all works well.

Initial impressions - Like another member said, the leds are just like the new accord's leds. The projectors are not bad by any means, and the cutoff line is VERY VERY sharp. Much better than the OEM non-hid projects IMO. Fitment is a 8/10, and could use some adjusting. Overall well worth the $400. I wouldnt pay any more than that though.

Pics tomorrow since my camera is charging.

Was converting to HID plug and play also or did you have to mess with the wiring harness?
Old 04-03-14, 10:05 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrwIS250
Was converting to HID plug and play also or did you have to mess with the wiring harness?
Its plug and play. The wire that is attached to the halogen bulb will connect to the (+) on your HID kit. The negative is currently grounded against the projector shroud, so you will have to disconnect and connect it to the (-) on your HID. Its self explanatory once you look at it.

The headlights also comes with resistors that are plug and play to prevent hyperblinking
Old 04-03-14, 10:18 AM
flattire
Driver

Its plug and play. The wire that is attached to the halogen bulb will connect to the (+) on your HID kit. The negative is currently grounded against the projector shroud, so you will have to disconnect and connect it to the (-) on your HID. Its self explanatory once you look at it.

The headlights also comes with resistors that are plug and play to prevent hyperblinking
I contacted them and asked them and this is what they said

"thank you for your interest in our products. These lights are essentially all plug and play, this means that the low beam and high beam will work just by plugging in the wiring harness. The only wiring that needs to be done is for the daytime running lights, you can tap the DRL wiring into either the low beam wire to have the light constantly on or you can tap the wire into your existing parking lights to have them switch on when the parking lights are on.. If you watch the second video on the ad, it will show you what you need to do for installation. If you are unsure on how to install these, we highly recommend professional installation. This will make sure that you and your car are safe. Thank you."
Old 04-03-14, 10:23 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

I contacted them and asked them and this is what they said

"thank you for your interest in our products. These lights are essentially all plug and play, this means that the low beam and high beam will work just by plugging in the wiring harness. The only wiring that needs to be done is for the daytime running lights, you can tap the DRL wiring into either the low beam wire to have the light constantly on or you can tap the wire into your existing parking lights to have them switch on when the parking lights are on.. If you watch the second video on the ad, it will show you what you need to do for installation. If you are unsure on how to install these, we highly recommend professional installation. This will make sure that you and your car are safe. Thank you."
The DRL (LED strip) will turn on with the second click of the headlight stalk and onwards, plug & play as is out of the box, there is no need to rewire it. You only need to rewire it if you want it on 24/7 regardless of whether your headlights are on/off

The headlights do have an extra harness that i couldnt find a use for (looked like a 4 pin connector). knbnugyen and others, do you know what this is for?
Old 04-03-14, 10:37 AM
flattire
Driver

The DRL (LED strip) will turn on with the second click of the headlight stalk and onwards, plug & play as is out of the box, there is no need to rewire it. You only need to rewire it if you want it on 24/7 regardless of whether your headlights are on/off
But if you do that 2nd click don't the taillights turn on like they would if your headlights were on?
Old 04-03-14, 10:42 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

But if you do that 2nd click don't the taillights turn on like they would if your headlights were on?
Correct, the LEDs are basically wired to the city lights. If you want the LEDs on but tails off, you will need to hard wire the LEDs.
Old 04-03-14, 03:05 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

This weekend I plan on redoing the headlights and see if I can put on a better led lights
Old 04-05-14, 07:55 AM
bboysunone
Driver

^^^Let me know how it turn out cant wait to see. What kind of led bulbs r u planning to get. U might have to open the head light n see what kind it uses first huh.
Old 04-05-14, 12:41 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

does the the LED lights turn yellow when the turn signal light is blinking?
Old 04-05-14, 06:03 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nosurprise
does the the LED lights turn yellow when the turn signal light is blinking?
Yes they do. They function like flashback leds
Old 04-06-14, 10:05 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes they do. They function like flashback leds
Also called switchback LEDs

Does anyone have any video footage of the LEDs in action? Maybe something that also shows the projector cutoff on a wall about 20ft away?
Old 04-06-14, 05:18 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

they do not look appealing at alll.. but to each their own
Old 04-06-14, 07:15 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Does anybody know if there is horizontal (left/right) adjustment for the low beams? I was only able to find the vertical adjustment... thanks in advance!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)