IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2IS Headlamp washer cover - HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 09:36 PM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2IS Headlamp washer cover - HELP!!!

just joined club lexus and i already find myself needing help on how to get ahold of a part.

i have an '06 IS250 that had the optional headlamp washer feature.

backstory: purchased the car in september of 2013 while i was stationed in Hawaii and i shipped my baby off after a couple months to Northern California where i picked her up after i transferred and was put on leave. i set off with my gf and car on an epic road trip all across the united states visiting all my family as i have not seen them in a long time. i drove through all kinds of weather and my IS250 performed superbly and never gave me a problem. i ended the first half of my road trip with a tune-up and 3 day stay in miami, fl during new years and then left to get back to fairfield, ca to report for duty at my new duty station (this is where the problem started) as i was pretty anxious to get out of florida and get to my next duty station i was traveling at I-95 north going pretty fast, it was early morning and raining and the only thing i wanted was to be in louisiana that night. i noticed when i stopped to get gas in tallahassee that i did not have passenger side headlamp washer cover anymore and i was pretty upset. i called the lexus of albuquerque dealership in new mexico where i spoke with their parts department to start doing the research and ordering a replacement. i didn't have much worries at the time as we found out the part number and ordered a part for pick up when i got into albuquerque. so i stop in the dealership a few days later and pick up the replacement headlamp washer cover for about $35 dollars and everythings fine, except there is a little plastic clip that snaps into the bottom of the cover that attaches to the headlamp washer nozzle and i thought this was no problem at all until i go in and start asking about it. what i kept getting told was that the only way i could get that clip was to order a new headlamp washer assembly (the pipes,pump,etc.) all for the low, low price of about $350. no bueno. so i decided i would go search junk yards and such once i got checked in at my new command, so about a week later i'm all checked in and getting settled in the new location and i call the lexus of sacramento dealership and ask them where i could find a junkyard that would have a 2nd gen IS and they referred me to a place in rancho cordova, CA called LKQ parts that dismantles totaled cars and sells the good parts. ****ing finally, i'm going to get my baby back to its former beauty. i head over there and start asking around, everyone there and every subsequent junkyards (quite a few) in the area tell me they have no 2nd gen IS with the front end still attached. i have tried the sacramento and fairfield pick n pull's and had no luck. i don't want to be a **** and go and find another IS owner and jack their washer and take the clip for obvious reasons. would anyone have any tips on getting ahold of one of these elusive little plastic clips? any help is appreciated. links to some of the pics are below.

https://www.clublexus.com/g/picture/284249
https://www.clublexus.com/g/picture/284250
https://www.clublexus.com/g/picture/284245
https://www.clublexus.com/g/picture/284246
https://www.clublexus.com/g/picture/284247
https://www.clublexus.com/g/picture/284248
Old 02-25-14, 04:25 PM
teaguedp90
Rookie

update LKQ of Stockton told me they don't have it. and all local junkyards says that LKQ buys out the newer cars at the auctions. can't find any totaled ones on ebay and of the one guy on here that is parting out a totaled 2IS...his car wasn't equipped with the feature...breaks my heart to keep seeing my IS like this.
Old 02-25-14, 05:11 PM
freal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same situation, i just ordered the headlamp washer nozzle painted for $16.41. from what i understand it comes attached to the nozzle so im not getting just the cover. i should have it in my possesion sometime by the end of the week or on monday morning. i can let you know if it is the correct part once i receive it.

here is what i believe would be your part number for the passanger side:
tungsten pearl: 8538253040B1
starfire pearl: 8538253040A2
crystal white: 8538253040A0

not sure which color you have so theres a few.

i went to:

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...58&searchTerm=

to order the part. just use the part number as the keyword and it should pull it up for you.
Old 02-25-14, 10:00 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Sewell Lexus also carries these, $15.99 with CL discount. I just ordered 2 to keep as spares =).
Old 03-06-14, 03:07 AM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Originally Posted by freal
same situation, i just ordered the headlamp washer nozzle painted for $16.41. from what i understand it comes attached to the nozzle so im not getting just the cover. i should have it in my possesion sometime by the end of the week or on monday morning. i can let you know if it is the correct part once i receive it.

here is what i believe would be your part number for the passanger side:
tungsten pearl: 8538253040B1
starfire pearl: 8538253040A2
crystal white: 8538253040A0

not sure which color you have so theres a few.

i went to:

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...58&searchTerm=

to order the part. just use the part number as the keyword and it should pull it up for you.
have you gotten the part yet and was it correct? remember the part i'm looking for is the little black clip that snaps in to the bottom of the cover so you can attach the cover to the top of the nozzle of the headlamp washer.
Old 03-06-14, 06:57 AM
synrgy350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem a year ago. I would compare both sides to be sure the "head" of your washer nozzle didn't break off. That's what happened to my passenger side headlight washer so I just ended up zip tying the washer cover to what remained of my washer nozzle. I disabled my washer system though so this may not work for you if you still want to use the washers. However looking at the car you would never know anything was wrong.
Old 03-10-14, 05:04 AM
freal
Driver

Originally Posted by teaguedp90
have you gotten the part yet and was it correct? remember the part i'm looking for is the little black clip that snaps in to the bottom of the cover so you can attach the cover to the top of the nozzle of the headlamp washer.
I got the part however it was only the cover without the clip :/ sorry.
Old 03-10-14, 05:05 AM
freal
Driver

Originally Posted by synrgy350
I had the same problem a year ago. I would compare both sides to be sure the "head" of your washer nozzle didn't break off. That's what happened to my passenger side headlight washer so I just ended up zip tying the washer cover to what remained of my washer nozzle. I disabled my washer system though so this may not work for you if you still want to use the washers. However looking at the car you would never know anything was wrong.
How did you go about disabling the feature. I'm going to have to disable mine due to no clip :/. Never used it anyhow.
Old 03-10-14, 07:36 AM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Originally Posted by freal
How did you go about disabling the feature. I'm going to have to disable mine due to no clip :/. Never used it anyhow.
heres a link below to do this. i got fed up with trying to get ahold of one of these clips. it came with pictures and everything, essentially your going to cut a wire that tells your headlamp washers to actuate when you pull the windshield spray lever. after the wire is cut you'll only be able to actuate the headlamp washers via the button below and to the left of the steering wheel.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...d-washers.html

hope this helps
Old 03-13-14, 02:53 AM
freal
Driver

Originally Posted by teaguedp90
heres a link below to do this. i got fed up with trying to get ahold of one of these clips. it came with pictures and everything, essentially your going to cut a wire that tells your headlamp washers to actuate when you pull the windshield spray lever. after the wire is cut you'll only be able to actuate the headlamp washers via the button below and to the left of the steering wheel.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...d-washers.html

hope this helps
awesome thanks a alot