IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2007 X-package worth it?

Old 02-22-14, 03:13 AM
garroids
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 X-package worth it?

Hello CL,

I am about to purchase an IS350 ranging from 2006-2009. I have noticed that lots of dealerships have the IS350 but in the X-package. I know that it has different rims (I prefer stock ones) and a stiffer suspension.

Does anyone own one and recommends it over the sport or luxury package of the IS350? How is the stiffer suspension? Please tell me how that feels.
Old 02-22-14, 10:22 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

The best thing I did was wait and find a IS350 with the X-package. It's rare and I LOVE it. The illuminated door sill, racing pedals, and suspension make for a more sporty feel to an already awesome car. I also was a huge fan of the 5 spoke wheels over the wheels on the other models. I can't remember all the differences but I can tell you that the X-package was hard to find and it was worth it to me.
Old 02-22-14, 10:42 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

The X-Package and Sport Package have the same suspension, so if you've driven a sport package model, it will be the same as that.

Jeff
Old 02-22-14, 12:51 PM
garroids
Rookie

Originally Posted by AZ JB
The best thing I did was wait and find a IS350 with the X-package. It's rare and I LOVE it. The illuminated door sill, racing pedals, and suspension make for a more sporty feel to an already awesome car. I also was a huge fan of the 5 spoke wheels over the wheels on the other models. I can't remember all the differences but I can tell you that the X-package was hard to find and it was worth it to me.
Did you compare the ride to the luxury package of the IS350? Could you tell me the comparison of how comfortable/smooth the ride is and the handling? Does it have a smooth and soft handling or does the sport suspension make it more rough?
Old 02-22-14, 12:52 PM
garroids
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
The X-Package and Sport Package have the same suspension, so if you've driven a sport package model, it will be the same as that.

Jeff
Did you compare the ride to the luxury package of the IS350? Could you tell me the comparison of how comfortable/smooth the ride is and the handling? Does it have a smooth and soft handling or does the sport suspension make it more rough?
Old 02-22-14, 01:19 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by garroids
The Luxury Package does not ride any different than a base IS.
Old 02-22-14, 04:35 PM
garroids
Rookie

Originally Posted by tex2670
The Luxury Package does not ride any different than a base IS.
How does the stiffer suspension of the X-package ride differently from the base? Is it less comfortable and is the handling softer and smoother?
Old 02-22-14, 06:14 PM
Gville350

Received 428 Likes on 383 Posts

^Personally I've driven a non-sport pkg and a sports pkg 2IS on the same day on the same roads, and they both felt the same to me.

Basically if you like the 5-spoke wheels AND the OEM lip kit AND like the fact that they're harder to find (possible higher resale value?), get the X-pkg. If you don't, then just get one with the sports pkg.
Old 02-23-14, 09:00 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How does the stiffer suspension of the X-package ride differently from the base? Is it less comfortable and is the handling softer and smoother?
I've never driven an IS with the Sports or X Pkg, so I can't say. I think the suspension is stiffer, but whether it is "more comfortable" would be a personal preference, I think.
Old 02-23-14, 09:24 AM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 320 Likes on 137 Posts

get one that hav iPod connectivity and 2007+ cuz 2006 have to do the pedal dance to turn off Traction Control...
Old 02-23-14, 12:57 PM
Donkey
Driver School Candidate

I own a 2008 is350 with the X-Package and love it. It is a tad bit more bumpy compared to a base model. The base model had more body roll when cornering at high speeds and I personally like the 5 spoke wheels, and OEM lip. It really depends what you want the vehicle for I suppose.
Old 02-23-14, 02:01 PM
garroids
Rookie

Originally Posted by Donkey
I own a 2008 is350 with the X-Package and love it. It is a tad bit more bumpy compared to a base model. The base model had more body roll when cornering at high speeds and I personally like the 5 spoke wheels, and OEM lip. It really depends what you want the vehicle for I suppose.
You drove both base model and x-package and found out x-package is a little more bumpy? Is it because of the stiffer suspension?
Old 02-24-14, 01:38 PM
Donkey
Driver School Candidate

You drove both base model and x-package and found out x-package is a little more bumpy? Is it because of the stiffer suspension?
Yes sir, it's not unbearable, if anything hardly even noticeable. But the Base/Luxury model is smoother due to the softer suspension.
Old 02-24-14, 03:41 PM
2ISTruong
Rookie

I have the X-package. The suspension isn't that stiff in my opinion... feels just right to me for a sports sedan. There's really nothing special about the X-package that you can't add onto a luxury package yourself like the illuminated door sills, or front lip.

Personally, i got a great deal on my x-package but it doesn't have some of the options a sports or luxury might have such as memory seats, ML audio, auto wipers, etc. My x-package is very basic w/ a navi, heated/cooled seats, and wood trim with illuminated door sills, front lip, sport suspension and X rims.
Old 02-24-14, 04:03 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ISTruong
I have the X-package. The suspension isn't that stiff in my opinion... feels just right to me for a sports sedan. There's really nothing special about the X-package that you can't add onto a luxury package yourself like the illuminated door sills, or front lip.

Personally, i got a great deal on my x-package but it doesn't have some of the options a sports or luxury might have such as memory seats, ML audio, auto wipers, etc. My x-package is very basic w/ a navi, heated/cooled seats, and wood trim with illuminated door sills, front lip, sport suspension and X rims.
same here man. i have an 07 x-package is350 and i can co sign what Truong said. i wouldnt say my suspension was "stiff" at all. but then again i went to coilovers about a week into owning the car. but i will say the x package stock wheels are the nicest stock wheels the 2IS came with

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 X-package worth it?