IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Buying a set of vossen cv3s

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 11:07 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buying a set of vossen cv3s

Just wanted to know if there is a way to check authenticity.

Edit

After a few comments I would like to now ask a few more specific questions,

I'd like to hear from the ACTUAL vossen wheel owners and not what you have HEARD from your friend.

Particularly the cv3 owners please, i would appreciate it if you could share with me your experience with the wheels, where you are located, how often you drive, road conditions etc etc, this is my only car so I daily it, driving approximately 200-220 miles every two weeks.

I live in New York, where I experience 4 season, planning on using the stocks as winter tires, the roads are not HORRIBLE, but they could be better, having been lowered on stocks, I kind of have a gist of where I should and should not drive anymore.

Just want to hear your actual experiences with vossen.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by Icy350; 10-08-13 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-07-13, 07:26 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Moderator edit; genasos11, you have made the fact you dislike Vossen wheels known many times on the forum. The post you made here has some very immature and innapropriate links and has been removed; I am asking you to exit this thread.

Please read my post in this thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8145313-post19.html

You didn't chip in on that one before it was closed but the same message applies to you here. You're actively stalking this topic and turning threads into flame-fests and it is time for you to move on from it.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-08-13 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-07-13, 08:28 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... I own a set of CV3's but there are some pretty decent rep's out there. Based on the link above I'm not sure what wheels are rep's now Nonetheless, usually center caps are different and/or the overall finish of the wheel is more polished or more matte, trying to make it "different" in one way or another. Take a look at the link i put below to see an acura with a set of rep CV3's that look like mine (matte black machined finish). Difference is that the black barrel seems shiny & polished while my finish is more matte, and the center cap might be different. The rear wheels also don't look very concave.

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=889149

Shot of my CV3's:
Attached Thumbnails Buying a set of vossen cv3s-photo-4.jpg  
Old 10-07-13, 10:53 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The vossen reps look like to have smaller (skinnier) spokes.

But I mean ... they are both cast wheels anyway. Not like one will be significantly better performing than the other lol. Whats worse is buying a cast rep of a forged rim ... then you really get screwed in terms of weight, performance, and strength.
Old 10-08-13, 02:16 AM
Fanel
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm not to sure on all that hate, personally never had a problem with Vossen. I have popped two beads and tore the rim up real good and they haven't cracked.
Had no problems with Vossen besides those caused by going to the wrong tyre joint
Old 10-08-13, 04:38 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

pretty pathetic with the links in the second comment above but didn't expect any different from you sir ^^^^

To the OP a lot of reps are skinnier and some are super fat, also if you get the MAtte Black finish on Vossen wheels the edge of the lip is silver like in the above pic, while I believe reps are just black, also the barrel is a flat black while all the reps I've seen are shiny. What u can also do it get a pic of the rim you are looking at and email Vossen they will possibly be able to guide you more and also make sure you are buying from an authorized Vossen Dealer...

P.S. Beware of the haters that comes along

Last edited by iRyan; 10-08-13 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-08-13, 07:26 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Thanks a bunch guys, after reading the posts I've decided to just buy brand new, are all the vendors here authorized and certified to sell legit vossen wheels? I'm buying from the vendor fx auto
Old 10-08-13, 07:37 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Icy350
Thanks a bunch guys, after reading the posts I've decided to just buy brand new, are all the vendors here authorized and certified to sell legit vossen wheels? I'm buying from the vendor fx auto
Yes they are an authorized vendor here and there are quite a few in the vendor forum. Great choice and good luck

Old 10-08-13, 08:03 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I don't own CV3s, but I have owned a set of staggered 22" Vossen CV1s and drove on those with my prior LS460 and on my LS600hL for tons of miles. I believe I logged at least 30K miles on them combined, numerous road trips, bad roads here in Atlanta and other areas and never once had an issue with them. They always were smooth. My 600hL is about 5300K lbs and I was riding on 245/30/22 and 295/25/22 tires with super thin sidewalls. Needless to say, the 460 and especially 600 are heavy vehicles...add the fact I was lowered would subject the wheels and suspension to more punishment..still never an issue.

Loved my CV1s but wanted to switch things up so I sold them recently and got a set of staggered
CV4s which are on my LS600hL now. So far after 4K miles or so, they are just as great as my CV1s were. I had them road forced balanced on Delinte Thunder D7 tires and the ride is perfectly smooth and I really enjoy these new wheels.

I have tons of threads in the LS forum about my experiences, all positive about Vossen wheels. They haven't let me down at all and when I had an issue with a center cap becoming loose, they immediately replaced it. The wheel finishes have held up just fine as well

There are folks with their opinions, whether negative or positive, truthful or not, but as a real Vossen owner who is extremely particular about everything, I have nothing but good things to say about the company and the product. At the end of the day, it is what YOU want to do and what makes you happy. Feel confident in your purchase of Vossen wheels. There are plenty of satisfied Vossen owners out there. Hope that helps.

Last edited by CJITTY; 10-08-13 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-08-13, 08:25 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Your experience has definitely gave me a lot of insight and has helped a lot, I was interested in the cv1 until I realized try didn't offer 19", glad to see you had a positive experience. Waiting on more feedback.
Old 10-08-13, 08:53 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Icy350
Just wanted to know if there is a way to check authenticity.

Edit

After a few comments I would like to now ask a few more specific questions,

I'd like to hear from the ACTUAL vossen wheel owners and not what you have HEARD from your friend.

Particularly the cv3 owners please, i would appreciate it if you could share with me your experience with the wheels, where you are located, how often you drive, road conditions etc etc, this is my only car so I daily it, driving approximately 200-220 miles every two weeks.

I live in New York, where I experience 4 season, planning on using the stocks as winter tires, the roads are not HORRIBLE, but they could be better, having been lowered on stocks, I kind of have a gist of where I should and should not drive anymore.

Just want to hear your actual experiences with vossen.

Thanks for any input!
don't own a set of CV3's but i do own a set of CV4's. i moved from NY in July... put 3K miles on them commuting back and forth from NY to GA. they are (IMO) strong and sturdy wheels. NY streets are relentless, so be sure and have some meat on your tires. i drive my wife to work daily and the commute in total is 80 miles. buy them brand new from an authorized vossen dealer, i got mine from Lucille ( whom is 1 of vosens best authorized dealers in NJ) in NJ, 55 oak st. Norwood NJ right behind my favorite detail spot, Detailers Domain. i have had no problems whatsoever with my vossens.
Old 10-08-13, 09:19 AM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If your from brooklyn you can check out EUDM autosports
heres their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/EudmAutospo..._id=1311579761
Old 10-08-13, 09:26 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Such crap that simple questions are clouded by immature people with issues towards companies. My experience is good. I own a set of Vossen CV2. Look, durability, is nothing but good for me! I am in south fl. Roads arent terrible here. If you choose Vossen wheels or any wheel in that case remember they arent factory with huge rubbers lol. U hit any pothole with any wheel hard and it can possibly cause damage. I have hit a few myself not paying attention lol and the wheels are still good. So take a leap man it will totally change the look and appeal of the car! Only big question is do you have a Big Brake Kit? As the CV3 are open wheels which really show the factory calipers. If not and your ok with them being seen they go with CV3! Or look into the CV1, CV2, or 7's as they show less. Hope this helps!
Old 10-08-13, 09:32 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

I have an is350 so only the fronts are big, painted them black with the Lexus decal. Not baller enough for a big brake kit
Old 10-08-13, 09:33 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

A lot of positive feedback but I wouldn't mind negative as well as I would like to hear of the potential problems. Thanks a bunch guys!

Quick Reply: Buying a set of vossen cv3s