IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation screen black! Help!!!!

Old 12-05-17, 05:45 PM
5nX37
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to confirm what everyone else is stating on this post, replace the PCB board if you’re having issues similar with everyone else on this thread just like I did as well. I got my PCB from https://opuradio.com/products-detail.php?ProId=771. Received mine in 1 week via DHL, cost extra but was worth it. You can refer to this vid for basic diy
The following users liked this post:
VhernandeZ (09-27-21)
Old 01-10-18, 07:17 AM
russellk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
The problem you have is not the Fuses. Black screen become very popular now and the problem come from the display driver. Many thread discus about this matter already and like i stated in other thread as well.
YOU NEED TO REPLACE THE BOARD OR REBAL THE BGA TO MAKE IT WORKS AGAIN!!!

Good Luck!!!
This sounds like my problem. Have a 2003 RX300. The navigation screen come on mabye half the time. When it doesn't come on everything else works but the buttons for my navigation does not. Have done hard reset with disconnecting battery & will work the firts time but as soon as I shut car off & on again, no navigation again. Its a guessing game if & when my navigation works. Does this sound like the Display driver board? If so I assume the you are talkin about the whole display unit wich i can get on ebay WAY cheaper than the $675.00 lexus wants.
Old 01-10-18, 09:35 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

The problem you have is not about the display driver board. It's actually the Map DVD PLAYER. replace it and you are good to go
Old 01-12-18, 05:10 PM
russellk
Driver School Candidate

The problem you have is not about the display driver board. It's actually the Map DVD PLAYER. replace it and you are good to go

This is the part I assume?...so, just replace this..put my CD in here & will be ok? This is what i thought was the problem also & I want to make sure. I wont take it in to a lexus dealer cause they want the price of a new car to check it out. So not to question you...but how sure are you that this is the problem? From reading threads on here you seem to know what you are talking about. I had a mechanic check into it when I had it in for another problem & he thought it might be the antenna but wasnt sure & I questioned that...I just want to make sure before replacing since its a 2003....Thanks for the help!!
Old 01-12-18, 06:47 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HKLX570
A very informative thread.

I have a similar problem to Stephen115 on my 2008 LX570 (Sorry guys, not an IS) where the screen is lit up, touch screen works, but no picture. When I reverse, screen turns black, like it is switching sources, but then goes back blank.Will changing the PCB solve this issue or is it a screen problem?

This only started when I boosted my car after 2 very cold weeks sitting outside.

If it is the PCB, is there a way to ensure the right program is on the board other than asking the seller? Seems like the number on the boards are all the same with either a (1/2 or 2/2).Has anyone tried to reball the BGA’s and was successful?

picture of my board

Be careful,The LX570 has HDD bass so you got to find the right board for your car. The board in your attachment is for DVD base
Old 01-17-18, 10:12 AM
hjune
Driver School Candidate

Angry Help

I have a Lexus SC 430 and sometimes my radio, heat, navigation and all middle console is fine and sometimes it doesn't turn off, I think it is a fuse and hoping its not the alternator... anyone have any thoughs????
Old 01-17-18, 10:55 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^Maybe post here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-2001-2010-63/

Lou
Old 01-21-18, 01:42 PM
dstedman
Driver School Candidate

Question Navigation system tanked

2007 Lexus LS460 My battery died and so did my nav system. Can anyone tell me where the darn thing is located? I can’t ck the device because I can’t find it. Is it in the trunk or behind the nav screen?
Originally Posted by Gville350
Luckily I have not! That's what I'm thinking; I've got my feelers out to a local Lexus salvage yard for an alternator now. Waiting on the call back.

To everyone that is curious what the "power consumption" screen is...here they are :

Old 01-21-18, 02:02 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^Maybe post here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...2007-2017-178/

Lou
Old 01-24-18, 12:07 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HKLX570
Installed the “new” board , which looked in worse condition than mine (the brass coloured surrounds were quite oxidized) and it didn’t fix the problem, any other suggestions? Could I have just received a bad board or perhaps I need a new screen?
when the screen when blank, does the buttons on the side still working? I mean does it light up when head light is on
Old 03-25-18, 05:34 PM
Youssef8
Driver School Candidate

Default Help

[QUOTE=whitebeast;10091616]when the screen when blank, does the buttons on the side still working? I mean does it light up when head light is on[/QUOTE}

Hi WhitBeast , can you please help out !

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

So I yesterday I changed my Digitizer due to un responsive screen,
However after I reinstalled the unit , no power is shown to the top part of unit , meaning No A/C , screen has no power etc , as you’ve described no power to the side buttons when headlights are on !!

Ive attached photos to show you !

Thanks
Old 04-04-18, 03:43 PM
swheat
Driver School Candidate

If you live anywhere near Oceanside, California you may want to call Dwight at LSI Automotive at 760-433-9772
LSI is not a Lexus shop but the owner (Dwight) is true craftsman and he can fix just about anything. He replaced my nav screen when it burned out and he worked on my nav system as it appears to have the same problems described on this thread.
I am not affiliated with LSI and I received no benefit of any kind for posting this.
Old 07-13-18, 01:12 PM
Phanatik
Driver

So I just recently switched out the PCB bought from OPURadio.com for my Nav unit, but after I re-installed it, all the buttons do not match what they are supposed to do (for example, the Radio button does not toggle the radio, it toggles the Climate controls). All the button are mismatched, and there are no lights lighting up on the Auto, Defrost, etc. portion of the buttons. Please help, I'm lost for what happened and what to do next.
Old 07-13-18, 03:02 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

You got the wrong board. PM me for more info
Old 07-13-18, 03:04 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Youssef8;10153035]

when the screen when blank, does the buttons on the side still working? I mean does it light up when head light is on[/QUOTE}

Hi WhitBeast , can you please help out !

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

So I yesterday I changed my Digitizer due to un responsive screen,
However after I reinstalled the unit , no power is shown to the top part of unit , meaning No A/C , screen has no power etc , as you’ve described no power to the side buttons when headlights are on !!

Ive attached photos to show you !

Thanks
You would need to take out your unit again and check for ribbon cable. I've been seen a lot of case the the ribbon cable that connected to the LCD power board not fully seat in place. Check it out and let me know. PM me for direct contact if you need more help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation screen black! Help!!!!