IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-13, 06:18 PM
tofupunx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)

I am looking to buy a USB & iPod module to integrate into the factory system. I have the in-dash CD changer and no navigation and was wondering if anybody has two cents on these devices with regards to limitations/shortcomings as I hate to find out it doesn't do exactly what I want. I play to use iPod/iPhone devices and USB flash drives and would like to see the mp3 id tags at least the way the factory head unit displays them (a limited amount of characters but enough to see what's playing).
Any input welcome!
Old 05-01-13, 09:41 PM
rayac88
Pole Position

i have the mediabridge. the audio and features are awesome everything else . searching for songs is a headache and super distracting. the stereo bluetooth option is awesome though. there tech support sucks and the characters scroll but if the title of the song is longer than 32 char including symbols and spaces it replaces it with and asterick. a lot of times im trying to see who a featuring artist is i cant read it cuz it cuts it. also no option to search by genre.... i havent used the ML but comparing features i think the mediabridge is better barely. a2dp n you can plug in anything.
there are so many options out now too though.
p.s. i have navi so i can see a bit more things idk how it would be on the non navi
Old 05-01-13, 09:45 PM
drewster12
Rookie

I had the ML+ and currently own the MediaBridge. ML+ was good until Vais decided not to support it anymore. Quality of sound and video are awesome, but no support for iPhone 5 and no stereo Bluetooth.

MediaBridge is inferior when it comes to the interface and searching. It does have stereo Bluetooth so my iPhone 5 is in my pocket while I control it thru the steering wheel. There is nothing fancy with the MediaBridge and if you are ok with a few bugs as mentioned in the previous post, its not bad for the price.
Old 05-05-13, 06:04 PM
tofupunx
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks for the info

@drewster12 and rayac88
The input is much appreciated! Definitely controllability will be key as I don't have Nav and I think I am more limited in the amount of displayed characters. I saw a video for the Grom unit with the bluetooth addon and it looked pretty impressive and it anounced (verbally) sources which I thought was cool and it involves a bit of getting used to pushing non-native buttons. The bluetooth addon adds both bluetooth audio (most phones/iPods supported) and hands free calling. The audio quality I am unsure about.
Old 05-05-13, 07:27 PM
drewster12
Rookie

The BT on the mediabridge is not bad. One bug is that it cuts in and out once in awhile.
Old 07-15-13, 08:13 PM
TTKH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drewster12
The BT on the mediabridge is not bad. One bug is that it cuts in and out once in awhile.
That's the problem I'm having now. So instead of that route I'm trying to use a 4gb fat 16/32 instead of streaming music thru BT, but for some reason is keep giving an error code 101. If I plug my iPhone 5 in it would recognize and work instantly.
Old 07-16-13, 05:43 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the MediaBridge MB-1500-TOY and am about 85 - 90% happy with it. I have the non-nav / non ML radio. The music sound quality could be better, but its not a deal breaker for me.

I like the fact that I can go to the next song or back to the previous from the steering wheel. Also, a plus is hands free calling. I can also answer and hang up calls from the steering wheel. I don't have any problems with it cutting out. Make sure you guys have the latest firmware version. Installation took about 1 1/2 hrs.

Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)-image-2124595818.jpg

Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)-image-1655423716.jpg

Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)-image-3810769625.jpg

Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)-image-3290537245.jpg

Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)-image-1351420898.jpg

Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)-image-3200357021.jpg

Last edited by WhatYaGot; 07-16-13 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-18-13, 10:41 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

The music quality on usb is great, just as good as a CD. The bluetooth sound quality is just ok, but actually when i upgraded my phone to beats audio it helped with quality. The media bridge also announces sources out loud if you want it to. One really annoying thing they did with the last update is there is no way to shuffle/randomize songs
Old 03-27-14, 06:52 PM
honasbone
Driver

Originally Posted by gompka
The music quality on usb is great, just as good as a CD. The bluetooth sound quality is just ok, but actually when i upgraded my phone to beats audio it helped with quality. The media bridge also announces sources out loud if you want it to. One really annoying thing they did with the last update is there is no way to shuffle/randomize songs
When you say "USB" are you also referring to when you plug an iphone/ipod into the USB port? I've got a classic iPod and am considering this device. Really hoping the sound quality is just as good as USB flash drives. a good quality AUX would be awesome too, but less important.
Old 03-27-14, 08:33 PM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by honasbone
When you say "USB" are you also referring to when you plug an iphone/ipod into the USB port? I've got a classic iPod and am considering this device. Really hoping the sound quality is just as good as USB flash drives. a good quality AUX would be awesome too, but less important.
I mean music off of a USB stick. I don't own an iPod, but usin the aux input with an android phone sounds great. The bluetooth sounds much lower in quality than using an aux cable, but it's good enough to live with especially figuring in the convenience of bluetooth.
Old 03-28-14, 02:53 PM
honasbone
Driver

Very glad to hear. I've pulled the trigger. Really appreciate you getting back to me.
Old 06-01-14, 12:47 AM
kenjwan
Driver School Candidate

Just got the MediaBridge and want to install it so badly. However, I can't seem to find good instructions on removing the stereo and installing the device. Where did you get the instructions from? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot
I have the MediaBridge MB-1500-TOY and am about 85 - 90% happy with it. I have the non-nav / non ML radio. The music sound quality could be better, but its not a deal breaker for me.

I like the fact that I can go to the next song or back to the previous from the steering wheel. Also, a plus is hands free calling. I can also answer and hang up calls from the steering wheel. I don't have any problems with it cutting out. Make sure you guys have the latest firmware version. Installation took about 1 1/2 hrs.

Attachment 290492

Attachment 290493

Attachment 290495

Attachment 290496

Attachment 290497

Attachment 290498
Old 06-01-14, 01:24 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

This is what I used:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...le-moving.html
Old 06-16-14, 08:35 AM
LS430Mika
Driver School Candidate

I got the mediabridge last week. Installed it and i like it. It has its down sides, and customer support really sucks, but the USB and AUX sound is great. Not so much BT music stream, but the phone integration is great.
Old 08-20-14, 12:48 AM
kenjwan
Driver School Candidate

I just installed the MediaBridge in my IS350 (06, non-nav). Everything works except I can't seem to figure out how to pair via Bluetooth. When I hit the AM-SAT button, it scrolls through the various options but I see no Bluetooth.

Can anyone help?

Quick Reply: Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)