IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge or VAIS Multimedia Link (MML)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-14, 05:40 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kenjwan
I just installed the MediaBridge in my IS350 (06, non-nav). Everything works except I can't seem to figure out how to pair via Bluetooth. When I hit the AM-SAT button, it scrolls through the various options but I see no Bluetooth. Can anyone help?
If I remember correctly you have 5 seconds one you press the am/say button to press I think the track up button to scroll from USB, to Bluetooth. You should hear the announcement via your speakers. Once you hear Bluetooth don't touch the track up or down button anymore. You then have about 30 seconds to pair. Let me know if this helped you.
Old 08-20-14, 01:15 PM
kenjwan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the MediaBridge in my IS350 (06, non-nav). Everything works except I can't seem to figure out how to pair via Bluetooth. When I hit the AM-SAT button, it scrolls through the various options but I see no Bluetooth.

Can anyone help?
Okay, got customer support on the line. I had updated the firmware prior to installation but part of the problem it seems was the firmware didn't actually update to the newest. Taking it to the newest update allowed me to use the Audiovox OEI app from which I was able to make Bluetooth discoverable (still couldn't figure out how using the stereo's buttons) and from there, it was easy sailing. It's all working now.

With all the comments regarding Bluetooth audio quality being not so great, I had low expectations. However, I was very pleased with the quality. Audio was loud and clear. Very impressed so far. Now I want to go for a long drive just to use the Bluetooth with my phone!! Hahaha.
Old 08-20-14, 05:43 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Okay, got customer support on the line. I had updated the firmware prior to installation but part of the problem it seems was the firmware didn't actually update to the newest. Taking it to the newest update allowed me to use the Audiovox OEI app from which I was able to make Bluetooth discoverable (still couldn't figure out how using the stereo's buttons) and from there, it was easy sailing. It's all working now. With all the comments regarding Bluetooth audio quality being not so great, I had low expectations. However, I was very pleased with the quality. Audio was loud and clear. Very impressed so far. Now I want to go for a long drive just to use the Bluetooth with my phone!! Hahaha.

What does the app do for the mediabridge unit?
Old 08-30-14, 11:57 PM
kenjwan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot
What does the app do for the mediabridge unit?
The App allows you to access all the features you're supposed to be able to access through the stereo... it just makes a bit more sense. I've only used it to get the Bluetooth working, as I could not find any way to get it working through the stereo itself.

Honestly, I don't use the app now that it's working... I think it's mostly for troubleshooting or if you're connecting your phone through USB. Via Bluetooth connection, the app doesn't work and is pretty much useless.
Old 08-30-14, 11:58 PM
kenjwan
Driver School Candidate

My MediaBridge also cuts out and in every 5-15 minutes or so. Anyone have an idea as to why?

I have the latest firmware.
Old 11-15-14, 08:06 PM
ckwwilson
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone used the MediaBridge to add an aftermarket satellite tuner? I've had my GS for about a month and want to add Satellite radio as well as Bluetooth streaming and aux input. Most important to me is the Sirius Satellite Radio. Any experiences?