IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 no audio or sound from speakers but everything else works

Old 04-27-13, 08:10 PM
kuhwahh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 no audio or sound from speakers but everything else works

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but I plan to be active and show my build as I go. First I have a problem that needs to be fixed and was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a 2007 IS350 equipped with nav and the basic speakers not the Mark Levinson. Everything was fine this morning as I was listening to music while driving home. Went inside to get ready for work and came back out to my car, started it, and no music. Instead when I turned the car on, the back left speaker makes a light pop pop noise but then dead silent.

I turned the audio off then back on; nothing except for the pop pop noise from the rear left speaker. In fact every time the audio turns on it makes that sound and then it is silent. The nav touch screen works fine and all the buttons.

I can switch it to AM/FM1/FM2/AUX/CD but no sound at all still. Even when I turn the volume all the way up, I get no static noise or anything.

I did some research and found that the stock amplifier is not very good.
Here are some other people who had the same problem as me:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...und-issue.html

http://my.is/forums/f159/no-sound-sp...-350-a-424936/

http://www.justanswer.com/lexus/68wm...-no-audio.html

The thing is, I don't want to fork out alot of money if it is not the stock amplifier and the OP's of these threads did not post a solution so it leaves me guessing still. I think by Monday I will take it to Lexus to diagnose the problem.

Tomorrow, I will post a video of me getting in the car and trying to play audio.

In the meantime has anyone else ran into this problem and found a solution? Any ideas for me to try to fix it?

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-27-13, 09:58 PM
kuhwahh
Driver School Candidate

I found this thread and will buy an amp as soon as I find one.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...blem-help.html

Would anyone recommend bringing my stock amplifier in to get it fixed? Has anyone had experience in that? I'm scared it will just go bad again.

Last edited by kuhwahh; 04-27-13 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-28-13, 09:35 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Its most likely your amp, similar issue happened to me.

I took out my aftermarket sub and amp and took it to the dealer. They replaced it for free lol
Old 04-28-13, 07:39 PM
kuhwahh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
Its most likely your amp, similar issue happened to me.

I took out my aftermarket sub and amp and took it to the dealer. They replaced it for free lol
Awesome, thanks for the reassurance. Just wondering, did you have warranty when they replaced it for free or did they just do it because they are awesome. I know Lexus has amazing customer service and wouldn't be surprised if they just replaced it for free even without warranty.
Old 04-29-13, 04:57 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kuhwahh
Awesome, thanks for the reassurance. Just wondering, did you have warranty when they replaced it for free or did they just do it because they are awesome. I know Lexus has amazing customer service and wouldn't be surprised if they just replaced it for free even without warranty.
Well I was still under the factory bumper to bumper warranty. Not sure if they would have done anything if I was out of warranty.

Funny thing is after Lexus replaced my amp, my SA asked me if I had an aftermarket system because they saw the wiring from my sub and amp. I told him yeah and he didnt say anything
Old 04-29-13, 08:37 PM
kuhwahh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
Well I was still under the factory bumper to bumper warranty. Not sure if they would have done anything if I was out of warranty.

Funny thing is after Lexus replaced my amp, my SA asked me if I had an aftermarket system because they saw the wiring from my sub and amp. I told him yeah and he didnt say anything
Haha good deal! Well my amp is shipped and should be here by next Monday. I'll keep this thread updated for people in the future who might have this problem.

bob4256, very nice build btw. Can't wait to start mine.
Old 04-30-13, 05:03 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kuhwahh
Haha good deal! Well my amp is shipped and should be here by next Monday. I'll keep this thread updated for people in the future who might have this problem.

bob4256, very nice build btw. Can't wait to start mine.
Thanks
Old 05-31-13, 05:19 PM
Han1s
Driver School Candidate

The same thing just happen to me: i have an 06 is350 with navigation. everything works fine but there is no sound coming from the speakers. Did you ordered an aftermarket amp ?
Old 06-05-13, 05:21 PM
kuhwahh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Han1s
The same thing just happen to me: i have an 06 is350 with navigation. everything works fine but there is no sound coming from the speakers. Did you ordered an aftermarket amp ?
Sorry I haven't answered in a while but no I found one on eBay for $300. lexmaniac2 was his username! It works perfect since I swapped it out with a new OEM one! Goodluck!
Old 07-29-15, 04:03 PM
SikLexus
Driver School Candidate

Sorry I'm bring this thread alive but this same issue just happen to my 07 is350 last night. I get no audio or sound. I have tried resetting the ecu and everything. No audio from FM/AM/AUX/CD. Will this be the amp? I'm just curious though, i have a 4 channel laying around, can i just install that and hope everything works again?

Last edited by SikLexus; 07-29-15 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-03-15, 05:08 AM
kuhwahh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SikLexus
Sorry I'm bring this thread alive but this same issue just happen to my 07 is350 last night. I get no audio or sound. I have tried resetting the ecu and everything. No audio from FM/AM/AUX/CD. Will this be the amp? I'm just curious though, i have a 4 channel laying around, can i just install that and hope everything works again?

That sounds exactly like the problem I was having. I'm almost positive your issue is the same as mine where the amp has stopped working. I'm not really sure if you can switch it out with an aftermarket amp and it will start working. I do know that I bought a new stock Lexus IS350 amp from eBay, switched it out with my dead amp and my sound system started working flawlessly again. I hope this answer helped you. If not feel free to ask anything else.
Old 08-03-15, 11:50 AM
Gville350

Received 426 Likes on 382 Posts

For the above two cases, I'd agree that it sounds like your factory amp is bad. Replace it, and let us know how it went.
Old 12-20-15, 05:08 PM
Veras
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
For the above two cases, I'd agree that it sounds like your factory amp is bad. Replace it, and let us know how it went.
I have a 08 is250 and just had the same problem, the OEM amp is kind of expensive however I think an 08 Es350 will fit, does anyone know sonething?
Old 11-01-16, 07:23 PM
memoalkati
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I Found a Solution to this problem.If your amp makes a static popping noise every time you turn it on. then the amp is fine. just needs to "Warm up". you can expedite this process by applying hot air from a hair dryer to the amp if you like but if you want a permanent solution here is what you do. Now you guys are going to laugh at me but I took out the amp from the trunk of the car. wrapped it with a thick kitchen towel and placed it back in without applying the screws. . When you place it back. make sure that no metal from the Amplifier is touching the metal from the base where the amp sits.. do that and plug in the cables after . and make sure the bottom of the amp, the sides and the top is fully covered with the towel after connecting all the wires. Now sit back and watch it work like a charm . I have no logical explanation for this excepts. it either needs to warm up or something with the ground wire is finicky. I did it after a member from this forum inboxed me and I laughed but did it out of desperation. Hope this works for everyone.

UPDATED : THIS WAS DUE TO A REAR AIR VENT LOCATED IN THE BACK BUMPER. WATER AND MOISTURE WAS PENETRAITING TO THE AMP. CHANGE THE AIR VENT AND THAT WILL RESOLVE THE PROBLEM:

Last edited by memoalkati; 05-30-19 at 09:01 AM. Reason: New Solution
Old 11-06-19, 01:24 AM
Zinlioren
3rd Gear

i bought a 2007 IS 350 in late 2013. The navigation digitizer went bad at some point last year and i haven't been able to find a time to fix it (already ordered the part will do it soon), and now the audio system only has sound coming out on driver side, nothing on the passenger side. Tried to play a stereo test on youtube through aux port, and the right speakers doesn't have any sound at all. I do have the upgraded Lavinson system and I'm willing to buy a used lavinson amp if the amp is causing it. Hope someone here had the similar problem or can tell me if its the problem of the amp or not.