ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Wearing Seat belts? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/681323-wearing-seat-belts.html)

krUnALv99 03-03-13 09:49 PM

Wearing Seat belts?

So, I dont understand why is it hard for some people to wear seat belts? I'm 22 and am at that "immature age till i'm 25" or "some street racer" because i drive a nice car and again at that age, but ever since i started driving when i was 15, i always felt like i should wear my seat belt or even if i was in the passenger seat. It takes less then 15 seconds to do and it might even be a life saver. Do you wear your seat belt whether its short distances or long?

Do you always wear your seat belt? Have you ever gotten any tickets for not wearing it or even been pulled over? what are your thoughts on this topic?

I had this thought after i i read

http://jalopnik.com/police-search-fo...-exp-450877040

It's quite sad and hopefully the baby makes a full recovery.

huystAr 03-03-13 11:04 PM

:sad: that is tragic...

yup always wear a seat belt, its stupid to not wear one. you just never know and id rather be safe than sorry and that goes for all the passengers in my car or whatever vehicle I may be in.

Nelly 03-03-13 11:05 PM

I fully agree with you. It's the first thing I do when I get in the car. It takes less than 5 seconds to do. I have friends that don't put it on and they've gotten tickets. It doesn't matter if you are a safe driver because there are a lot of poor driver/bad luck people out there sharing the road with you.

Oh dear god I saw that article this morning. It really sucks :(

bob4256 03-04-13 05:11 AM

I wear my seatbelt even if Im just moving a car out of the driveway to get mine out of the garage.

Honestly, if you dont wear your seatbelt your an idiot. I dont care who you are.

sm1ke 03-04-13 07:24 AM

Seatbelts are an absolute must in my car. I never used to think about it before because it's just routine for me to start the car, put on the seatbelt, then put the car into gear. But I have a cousin who never used to put it on, and now he does because he drives a newer Passat with the seatbelt warning indicator (he used to drive an older Civic hatch and an older Pathfinder.

I can't believe the drivers of the other car just fled the scene. How could anyone just leave them like that? :sad:

tex2670 03-04-13 08:21 AM

Not seeing where it said they weren't wearing seatbelts?

[this seems more like a Car Chat thread]

Initial G 03-04-13 08:25 AM

I ALWAYS wear my seat belt. Its simple and does not take long to do simply buckle your seat belt even if you are just a passenger. Seat belts do save lives.

krUnALv99 03-04-13 09:38 AM

That story i posted was also on CNN today.

Fjaw 03-04-13 02:33 PM

In my opinion, if you're the driver then you have the responsibility to make sure everyone in your car is wearing the seat belt.

nosurprise 03-04-13 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by bob4256 (Post 7799990)
I wear my seatbelt even if Im just moving a car out of the driveway to get mine out of the garage.

lol, I do that too out of habit. I'm too used to it and feel naked without a seat belt.

For those people that don't wear it while I'm driving, I just let the dings annoy them :-) There are some people that think it's OK to not wear a seat belt in the back though.

WeisISF 03-04-13 05:45 PM

seat belts are a must in my car if u wanna ride shotgun not negotiable. its really not that bad. if you do forget the car will remind you with beeps and flashing lights. it could save your life someday.

frpzxvaa 03-04-13 06:05 PM

I have friends that don't put it on and they've gotten tickets.http://www.mczz.info/12a.jpg

MzKaylee 03-04-13 06:45 PM

Im always wear seat belt since I was younger because two of my aunts got in car accident. One of my aunt hit windshield and her face kinda got mess up and she got heal and had sugery and got still pretty face. Another thing damn drunk driver got dodge full size pick up truck hit our 1990s(i forgot what year) Lexus LX 570(SUV) and saved my parents' life and my life about couple years ago or else My parents and I wouldn't be here by now. I have guardian angel watch over my parents and me.

knguyenk 03-04-13 07:04 PM

An fortunate update to this story, the baby that was born prematurely due to the accident has passed away. Luckily, it seems that they have identified the driver of the car that hit them and are looking for him.

Seat-belts are a must when I drive, I turn 21 in June and it's parament when I drive my 250 AWD or any of my family cars to wear a seat-belt.

krUnALv99 03-04-13 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by nosurprise (Post 7801264)
lol, I do that too out of habit. I'm too used to it and feel naked without a seat belt.

For those people that don't wear it while I'm driving, I just let the dings annoy them :-) There are some people that think it's OK to not wear a seat belt in the back though.

I swea i though it was just me with that feeling of "Something's Missing" and i wear it automatically .:thumbup: