IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wearing Seat belts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-13, 09:49 PM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wearing Seat belts?

So, I dont understand why is it hard for some people to wear seat belts? I'm 22 and am at that "immature age till i'm 25" or "some street racer" because i drive a nice car and again at that age, but ever since i started driving when i was 15, i always felt like i should wear my seat belt or even if i was in the passenger seat. It takes less then 15 seconds to do and it might even be a life saver. Do you wear your seat belt whether its short distances or long?

Do you always wear your seat belt? Have you ever gotten any tickets for not wearing it or even been pulled over? what are your thoughts on this topic?

I had this thought after i i read

http://jalopnik.com/police-search-fo...-exp-450877040

It's quite sad and hopefully the baby makes a full recovery.

Last edited by krUnALv99; 03-03-13 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-03-13, 11:04 PM
huystAr
Driver School Candidate

that is tragic...

yup always wear a seat belt, its stupid to not wear one. you just never know and id rather be safe than sorry and that goes for all the passengers in my car or whatever vehicle I may be in.
Old 03-03-13, 11:05 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I fully agree with you. It's the first thing I do when I get in the car. It takes less than 5 seconds to do. I have friends that don't put it on and they've gotten tickets. It doesn't matter if you are a safe driver because there are a lot of poor driver/bad luck people out there sharing the road with you.

Oh dear god I saw that article this morning. It really sucks
Old 03-04-13, 05:11 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I wear my seatbelt even if Im just moving a car out of the driveway to get mine out of the garage.

Honestly, if you dont wear your seatbelt your an idiot. I dont care who you are.
Old 03-04-13, 07:24 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Seatbelts are an absolute must in my car. I never used to think about it before because it's just routine for me to start the car, put on the seatbelt, then put the car into gear. But I have a cousin who never used to put it on, and now he does because he drives a newer Passat with the seatbelt warning indicator (he used to drive an older Civic hatch and an older Pathfinder.

I can't believe the drivers of the other car just fled the scene. How could anyone just leave them like that?
Old 03-04-13, 08:21 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not seeing where it said they weren't wearing seatbelts?

[this seems more like a Car Chat thread]
Old 03-04-13, 08:25 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

I ALWAYS wear my seat belt. Its simple and does not take long to do simply buckle your seat belt even if you are just a passenger. Seat belts do save lives.
Old 03-04-13, 09:38 AM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

That story i posted was also on CNN today.
Old 03-04-13, 02:33 PM
Fjaw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In my opinion, if you're the driver then you have the responsibility to make sure everyone in your car is wearing the seat belt.
Old 03-04-13, 03:49 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
I wear my seatbelt even if Im just moving a car out of the driveway to get mine out of the garage.
lol, I do that too out of habit. I'm too used to it and feel naked without a seat belt.

For those people that don't wear it while I'm driving, I just let the dings annoy them :-) There are some people that think it's OK to not wear a seat belt in the back though.
Old 03-04-13, 05:45 PM
WeisISF
Pole Position

seat belts are a must in my car if u wanna ride shotgun not negotiable. its really not that bad. if you do forget the car will remind you with beeps and flashing lights. it could save your life someday.
Old 03-04-13, 06:05 PM
frpzxvaa
Driver School Candidate

I have friends that don't put it on and they've gotten tickets.
Old 03-04-13, 06:45 PM
MzKaylee
Driver

Im always wear seat belt since I was younger because two of my aunts got in car accident. One of my aunt hit windshield and her face kinda got mess up and she got heal and had sugery and got still pretty face. Another thing damn drunk driver got dodge full size pick up truck hit our 1990s(i forgot what year) Lexus LX 570(SUV) and saved my parents' life and my life about couple years ago or else My parents and I wouldn't be here by now. I have guardian angel watch over my parents and me.

Old 03-04-13, 07:04 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An fortunate update to this story, the baby that was born prematurely due to the accident has passed away. Luckily, it seems that they have identified the driver of the car that hit them and are looking for him.

Seat-belts are a must when I drive, I turn 21 in June and it's parament when I drive my 250 AWD or any of my family cars to wear a seat-belt.
Old 03-04-13, 09:59 PM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nosurprise
lol, I do that too out of habit. I'm too used to it and feel naked without a seat belt.

For those people that don't wear it while I'm driving, I just let the dings annoy them :-) There are some people that think it's OK to not wear a seat belt in the back though.

I swea i though it was just me with that feeling of "Something's Missing" and i wear it automatically .

Quick Reply: Wearing Seat belts?