IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Mating a GS350 F-Sport Front Bumper to the 2IS (Step by Step)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-13, 09:40 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohiois350
wow can't to see the final pics and next mod step how to make the 3gs bumper fix, I still have my 07 bumper will keep it for this mod next

Originally Posted by Rash
Amazing thread and really great work! Can't wait to see the results!
Thank you Rash.
Originally Posted by wlmngtn310
This is beyond stupid and will look retarded. It's been done on a white IS and as stated, looks beyond stupid.
I'm attempting my best to get on the admin/mods good side here on this forum... So I'll leave you with a pretty picture instead of a full blown reply

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Good luck with the project! Doesn't look easy.
Thank you sir.
Originally Posted by RyanIS
I can't wait to see the final product, I have been wanting to do this as well. Thanks for the build thread.

Originally Posted by Kumar350
I like it and think this is a geat mod CCJ what did you do with the old bumper?
The old bumper is still at the shop. Bout to throw it away... Less you want it.
Originally Posted by Nexson
Good luck with this, mating two pieces of plastic like this together will only cause you headaches down the road. This is the type of project you do on a honda, not a lexus but hey good luck!
Cool story.
Truth be told, we're not using bondo. Bondo causes issues down the road. What we're using (special glues and heated stapler method won't cause any issues)
Here is a video for education.

Originally Posted by xuserx04
Also, gsf bumper looks painted. You got it like that?
I did indeed. As I purchased this bumper pre-owned.
Old 01-17-13, 09:46 AM
Adam350is
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting. i thought the other guy did a good job on his i think SFP? he has a much lighter color car is my point. should be sleek and classy with a black fron gs bumper. cant wait for final product!
Old 01-17-13, 09:50 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

You always do something different than the rest of the crowd. It's projects like this that keep me from going inactive and coming back to see more. Good luck to you!
Old 01-17-13, 10:02 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Adam350is
interesting. i thought the other guy did a good job on his i think SFP? he has a much lighter color car is my point. should be sleek and classy with a black fron gs bumper. cant wait for final product!
Indeed. Aside from his front lip "wings" which he agreed weren't for everyone... I loved the way his turned out.

I've also been in talks with Troy at five ad / axis about getting the concept car's wing lips produced and test fitted on my car. Hopefully they come through. Not holding my breath on that though

Old 01-17-13, 10:06 AM
Dylan19
Rookie

Very interested in seeing the outcome of this project!
Old 01-17-13, 10:06 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
You always do something different than the rest of the crowd. It's projects like this that keep me from going inactive and coming back to see more. Good luck to you!
Thanks B! I remember when I first joined and saw your car on the linea corsa's... You helped answer many questions for me via PM. It's guys like you that make me want to help on the forums in any way I can.
Old 01-17-13, 10:20 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well Well sir!!!!

Very nice!

Glad to see your making progress on this bumper. I would has loved to help you more but wasn't meant to be.

The chrome grill part is about the hardest part to make work. You'll have to cut and move the body line to match the hood line at the same time make it snap into the center grill.

Also the bumper support will have to be cut up pretty good, you'll figure it out!!
Old 01-17-13, 10:27 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for not disappearing with this project, as itd been a while since i first saw your plans in your other thread!

If my next bumper project gets boring to me, this is definitely going to have to be an option. Especially if you can score 5axis lips, or i should, if i can also. That pic of their design on the 4GS is killer. Thanks for helping out the forum with this project.
Old 01-17-13, 10:39 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dylan19
Very interested in seeing the outcome of this project!
You and me both
Originally Posted by HKS350
Well Well sir!!!!

Very nice!

Glad to see your making progress on this bumper. I would has loved to help you more but wasn't meant to be.

The chrome grill part is about the hardest part to make work. You'll have to cut and move the body line to match the hood line at the same time make it snap into the center grill.

Also the bumper support will have to be cut up pretty good, you'll figure it out!!
That chrome grill part... Sigh.... I'm very much contemplating letting it fall where it does in stock form. I have a black car so it won't be that noticeable. But it's going to be too much time and energy. I'm pretty sure you're going to be the only one ever to have that line match up with the hood. I just don't see us pulling that off
In other news, thank you for paving the way! Had I not seen how yours turned out I would have never done/thought about this modification.
I can't believe how much money goes into this
Originally Posted by heyarms
Thanks for not disappearing with this project, as itd been a while since i first saw your plans in your other thread!

If my next bumper project gets boring to me, this is definitely going to have to be an option. Especially if you can score 5axis lips, or i should, if i can also. That pic of their design on the 4GS is killer. Thanks for helping out the forum with this project.
Absolutely Glad to help when/if I can. I should have more pics and details later this afternoon for everyone. Thanks to you, I'm looking at boosting next. My pocket book won't be happy if I decide to follow your foot steps.
Old 01-17-13, 10:55 AM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CCJ22
I'm attempting my best to get on the admin/mods good side here on this forum... So I'll leave you with a pretty picture instead of a full blown reply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA best answer ever

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-30-13 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-17-13, 11:08 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, just wow, well done sir!
Old 01-17-13, 11:17 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Can't wait to see the final product on the black IS. I really like the front end of the GS, but the rear is another story...
Old 01-17-13, 11:17 AM
karasha
Lead Lap