LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

ordered my kit as well....
Old 01-24-13, 06:40 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

Ok thanks bro... another question though.. what wires will i need to tap into exactly to get the new radio to work and takeover... and if i dont change out the factory amp how will i tap the new unit into that....i tried to read through you thread but a lot of the pics would not pull up for me

Originally Posted by Slammer1
I did a single din install almost two years ago but had to fabricate mine because this little gem wasn't available at the time. Here is my thread.....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...250-350-a.html

You will likely want to start from the last page and go back, as the majority of the beginning of the thread was me searching for a kit that was worth a crap. there are lots of pics, but unfortunately I didn't realize until late in the thread that I could post the actual pics so many of the pics are posted as links (sorry).

Here is a pic of mine on the workbench, with the cd changer broken down and ready to tuck behind the display.........

Old 01-25-13, 04:39 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will have to dig through my wiring schematics to confirm which wires I tapped for power and memory. As for the factory amp, are you still going to use it to power the speakers or are you going to use an aftermarket amp? If you are installing a HU, it really would be easier to go ahead and put an amp on the doors. That way you just run interconnects to the rear of the car (along with power and ground), and then splice your speaker wire outputs from that amp into the speaker wires coming out of the factory amp. Otherwise, you would have to splice your high level outputs from the HU into the input of the factory amp.....
Old 01-25-13, 07:25 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, here is the info you need for tappping power and memory (luckily I don't throw anything away). I used socket "J66" in the back of the changer. You will notice in the pics that I have tapped the green and orange wires. Green is for memory (always on) and orange is for power (on when push button is in acc mode). They are ports 1 and 11. Hope this helps.........

Name:  DSC00863.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  DSC00866.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  53.9 KB

Name:  DSC02430.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  231.1 KB

Name:  DSC02432.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  312.7 KB

Name:  DSC02434.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  306.6 KB
Old 01-25-13, 07:25 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have to dig through my wiring schematics to confirm which wires I tapped for power and memory. .
This would be a big help for me as well and would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-25-13, 07:27 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
This would be a big help for me as well and would be greatly appreciated!
Done, and you're welcome! Lol.
Old 01-25-13, 07:35 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Done, and you're welcome! Lol.
One more thing...

What'd you use for ground on the headunit? Chassis?

Also I see you have illumination highlighted and it says the wire color is green? Are there two shades of green wires?

Again thank you! You're saving me so much time
Old 01-25-13, 07:58 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Illumination was port two, and I didn't use it. Some HUs have a wire for illumination and it changes the display when the lights are turned on. The wires that I used are above and below each other in that connector. There are only so many colors, so yes many colors are used over and over again. The thing you have to watch for is the number of pins and the color location in the connector, to be sure you are tapping the right wires. As for ground, I used a bolt in the floor pan below the HU, rather than tapping a little 18ga wire in a socket.
Old 01-28-13, 06:33 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recive the radio dash kit today.. I cant believe the package has no protection bubble cuz I got a broken clip.. UGH

Old 01-28-13, 06:47 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VIS250P
Recive the radio dash kit today.. I cant believe the package has no protection bubble cuz I got a broken clip.. UGH
Lame....yea i was surprised too. Nothing a little super glue wont fix!
Old 01-28-13, 07:27 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

That really sucks! Those clips squeeze in there pretty tight. I would request a replacement. Better to get another one than to go to the trouble of installing it and it not be flush in one area.
Old 01-28-13, 08:36 PM
ShadowFX
Driver School Candidate

Okay, here is the info you need for tappping power and memory (luckily I don't throw anything away). I used socket "J66" in the back of the changer. You will notice in the pics that I have tapped the green and orange wires. Green is for memory (always on) and orange is for power (on when push button is in acc mode). They are ports 1 and 11. Hope this helps.........
Wow! awesome you didn't throw this stuff away Definitely going to be using this when putting together my Single Din Setup, Thanks!
Old 02-06-13, 09:13 AM
bboysunone
Driver

Originally Posted by VIS250P

I just got mine afew days ago the whole top part of the dash kit is broken.so i email the seller if i can get a replacement.

Last edited by bboysunone; 02-06-13 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-19-13, 10:44 PM
djbuddha
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sffd103
My buddy is at CES in Las Vegas and he sent me this pic of the new double din dash kit for the Lexus IS250/350 WITH HVAC controls but buttons look ugly. Only took them 7 years WTF? I would have got this before my Fly Audio if it was out. Oh well
Spoke with Scosche, this thing isn't coming out til late summer / early fall.

When it comes out, if it actually works, I'm going to take it to a shop to have it worked on (relocate the controls to the bottom and possibly fiberglass an ipad pan / app controlled, bluetooth sony head-unit behind the ipad pan)

I've heard mixed reviews about these Scosche-made units with HVAC built in. Some cars it's amazing, other cars it doesn't work at all. Also wondering, where exactly is the hazard light-swtich on this unit?
Attached Thumbnails Radio dash kit FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!-dash-kit-for-is.png  
Old 05-19-13, 11:03 PM
mboyenko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by djbuddha
Spoke with Scosche, this thing isn't coming out til late summer / early fall.

When it comes out, if it actually works, I'm going to take it to a shop to have it worked on (relocate the controls to the bottom and possibly fiberglass an ipad pan / app controlled, bluetooth sony head-unit behind the ipad pan)

I've heard mixed reviews about these Scosche-made units with HVAC built in. Some cars it's amazing, other cars it doesn't work at all. Also wondering, where exactly is the hazard light-swtich on this unit?
Thanks for the update, I am very interested in the development of this.

Quick Reply: Radio dash kit FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!