IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My baby (2012 Lexus IS 350 F-Spork Pkg) just got in an accident!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-12, 07:38 PM
jesseric
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My baby (2012 Lexus IS 350 F-Spork Pkg) just got in an accident!

I just got in an accident today. My 3 month old (new) 2012 Lexus IS 350 with F-spork pkg was hit but a stupid person doing a U turn on the opposite side. I was going straight (green light), and out of nowhere she did a U turn. How bad do you think this will be and what should I do with her insurance. I should be getting the report in 3-5 days. But was wondering, can I bring it to the Lexus dealer body shop to get it repaired? And when I do, can I get a Lexus as a loaner? I've never been in a car accident so I'm not too sure. I hope that her insurance will pay for everything, especially for the depreciation value too. Any help/tips/advise is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ps. How do I insert pics? I clicked on Attachments and it didnt work.

Last edited by jesseric; 12-28-12 at 07:43 PM. Reason: add pictures
Old 12-28-12, 07:54 PM
kl323
Pole Position

I'd be careful with picking body shops.. just because you bring it to a Lexus dealer, doesn't mean they do it in-house. It could actually be done by some body shop that the dealer is associated with.

Anyway, check and see how the insurance company will back the repair work. For GEICO, if you use one of their in-house body shops, the work that is done will be guaranteed for life. Not the case if you pick something "out of network."

So an important issue to consider is, how will they warranty the work done on the car?
Old 12-28-12, 07:54 PM
yammy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang. Sorry to hear. Must suck having a car that's new and loved getting wrecked. I flipped out over my first door ding I got last week but man an accident.. I have never been in an accident myself but I highly suggest not going to Lexus for repairs. They will overcharge / steal your money. I believe your insurance should recommend a body shop for you to take your car to. Good luck with insurance and hope everything goes well!
Old 12-28-12, 07:56 PM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

click on attachments and upload your file if your picture is really big you might need to resize it or your a site like tinypic to upload it, lexus will not give you a loaner, but insurance company will
Old 12-28-12, 08:01 PM
jesseric
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YamIS350
Dang. Sorry to hear. Must suck having a car that's new and loved getting wrecked. I flipped out over my first door ding I got last week but man an accident.. I have never been in an accident myself but I highly suggest not going to Lexus for repairs. They will overcharge / steal your money. I believe your insurance should recommend a body shop for you to take your car to. Good luck with insurance and hope everything goes well!
It was her fault not mine. Just crazy out of nowhere for us. She kept saying she had a green light so she can make a u turn---yea when there isn't another car on the opposite way going straight!
Old 12-29-12, 08:04 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

When you say "report", do you mean a police report? In this case, it would be a VERY good thing to have gotten. Do you have the women's insurance info that hit you? If so, call them up and tell them your car will be that the Lexus dealership of your choosing and you be getting a loaner from them as well. Also tell them that you will be expecting a depre value added into the whole ordeal.

Sorry for your misfortune, and GL with the repairs!
Old 12-29-12, 08:32 AM
dackp143
Pole Position

HERE IS YOUR REPAIR ANSWER/RENTAL CAR:

First--- this accident has nothing to do really with your insurance company. This has everything to do with the person-at-faults insurance company.

Contact your insurance company just to give them a heads up on what happened. From here, contact the person-at-faults insurance company with the details of the wreck including the police report number, etc. Let the person-at-faults insurance company know that you are taking it to your local area Lexus repair shop of your choice and give them the location. Insurance companies do not care where you take it as long as it is being fixed. (Do remember though that you can't just take it to Lexus down the road. It has to be a Lexus bodyshop [i.e. Nalley Lexus here in Atlanta has a Nalley Collision center for all their makes like Lexus, Infinite, Toyota, etc. all in one place]).

The person-at-faults insurance company will give you a rental. They will probably give you $30 a day for a little tiny Chevy. Pay the extra $5 and get a nicer Honda. Lexus will NOT give you a car to drive as this has NOTHING to do with Lexus.

Feel free to hit me up via PM. I worked at a dealer for years.
Old 12-29-12, 11:03 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about it...