ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Headlight problems need a relay? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/669766-headlight-problems-need-a-relay.html)

itsivan 12-19-12 08:32 AM

Headlight problems need a relay?

Hey everyone does anyone know anything about relays and what I need one of my headlight goes out after its on for like 5 seconds and just stays off. A friend of my told me i need a relay so I'm trying to get some more info on it and how it works. Maybe some one has experienced or has the same problem. My car is an 07 is350 and I got hids installed. Thank you for your help!

TimboIS 12-19-12 08:35 AM

Almost 100% it's the bulb. Simple replacement.

itsivan 12-19-12 08:38 AM

No it's not the bulb I had the problem since I got the car. Installed hids the problem got fixed for a week after again same light the ballast seemed to burned the bulb so I got a new bulb and ballast and now it happened again idk what seems to be the problem and where I got the bids installed the said its probably an electrical problem.

Offspring 12-19-12 11:57 AM

It's the Draw from when you turn on the lights. Are you using the auto lights function on your car ?

itsivan 12-19-12 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Offspring (Post 7659076)
It's the Draw from when you turn on the lights. Are you using the auto lights function on your car ?

I tried putting it on auto and the other it keeps going off I had to get day light running light same collor as my hids and I use those at night it's better then having one headlight on! And the people where I got my hids installed went out of business so I got screwed

Offspring 12-19-12 12:11 PM

I had the same issue with my previous kit. It's either a bad ballast or the current draw upon startup. In my case it was a cheap kit and such was to be expected. My new kit had built in relays that prevent such issues. Also using the automaker will cause this to happen. I would turn the lights off and back on as a temp fix until the car is restarted.

itsivan 12-19-12 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Offspring (Post 7659094)
I had the same issue with my previous kit. It's either a bad ballast or the current draw upon startup. In my case it was a cheap kit and such was to be expected. My new kit had built in relays that prevent such issues. Also using the automaker will cause this to happen. I would turn the lights off and back on as a temp fix until the car is restarted.

How do I fix it I don't want to bring it to another hid spot because all they'll do is change the bulbs and in few days ill have the same problem. Where can I get the current draw checked out or fixed

Offspring 12-19-12 01:56 PM

If you haven't already pm xenondepot on here . He should be able to answer any hid questions you might have.

XenonDepot 12-27-12 11:17 AM

I honestly don't think a relay harness is what you need as if power was the issue the light would not turn on in the first place. I would suggest swapping your components left to right to see if you can isolate what is causing the issue.
Steve

itsivan 01-02-13 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by XenonDepot (Post 7670652)
I honestly don't think a relay harness is what you need as if power was the issue the light would not turn on in the first place. I would suggest swapping your components left to right to see if you can isolate what is causing the issue.
Steve

Thank you I got it fixed I bypassed factory ballast with an aftermarket spliced into power before ballast to power the aftermarket one,then used an adopter to use stock bulb size with aftermarket ballast!

XenonDepot 01-02-13 10:22 AM

Itsivan - Glad to hear you go it fixed! Let us know if you need anything else.

Danny

Jrios0218 03-23-19 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by XenonDepot (Post 7679383)

Danny

So my passenger hid went out for good. I tried a brand new bulb and nothing. Tried both bulbs on the driver side and both turned on. Im hoping its not the ballast. Is there any other reasons why this is happening? I got factory hids btw

Mjsalex350 04-16-20 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by XenonDepot (Post 7679383)

Danny

hey Danny, I have a similar issue. I have an 06 is350 with set of VIP MOTOZ headlights. About a week ago my pass side headlight went out as well as my fog lights I have checked for power at the connector and for continuity from the headlight connector to all the wires going to the bulbs. I also checked the bulbs them self and everything checks out. I checked all the fuses the owners manual identified to the headlights. Fuses r also good. The head light were changed about 6 months ago, I never had a problem with them since I changed them , untill now. Am I missing something..... I'm driving my wifes car now because I cant even get my high beams to work on that side.

So when I turn on the lights, the only light I see on partially is the signal light, when I unplug it the signal light goes out and the LED light strip flashes. Now while it is plugged in the signal light on my pass side tail light stays on just as the light on the headlight does. I hope that was detailed enough... I know it's kind of hard to describe a problem they text....