IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Ride Diffuser REPLICA

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-13, 03:04 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony206
here you go guy for the link to the seller for anyone who looking into buying one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=181104072243

what do you guy think about install the lip with Ap2 exhaust tip ? Do you guy think it will fit with the lip ?

The pics I posted above r w ap2s
Old 03-22-13, 03:06 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Did you also order from Redline_Base?
ordered mine from dtmmotors. Delivered from thw US to the UAE in 2 days, so needless to say I was very happy w the service
Old 03-22-13, 03:20 PM
koksik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone can tell me dimension of this area:???
Old 03-22-13, 03:51 PM
anthony206
Driver

Originally Posted by ndk83
The pics I posted above r w ap2s
hey you mind taking a close up shot... i am debating on getting the ap2 tip or something else.... I want something that will look flush or nice on with the lip, without the tip sticking out too much..

thank in advance
Old 03-23-13, 12:38 AM
StackzIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RegRover

StackzIs, don't mind at all, bought mine through eBay. It was $150 and $30 shipping. Throught emails with the vendor, he just got this product in and sold only one so far back in November. I was his first international customer and he under estimated shipping. Right after I bought mine from him in December, he had changed the international shipping here to $80, guess I lucked out. So it cost me $180 for the lip and shipping. It was shipped USPS and custom/duty was $28. So grand total $200, money saved I used at the body shop!
That's not too bad at all! meh, guess i'll have to bite the bullet then for mine! ah well. atleast i'll be able to provide some feedback to the GTA community. I'm located north of Toronto too, to be specific Markham..I usually get hassled with duties. i dont understand it really. My best friend when he orders parts for his 350z he pays close to nothing and lives downtown. Thanks for the response and keep up the great work! Car looks fantastic.
Old 03-23-13, 01:01 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
interesting.
I got my piece the otherday, got it installed, and i thought the fitment was a 5/10. Are all u guys experiencing decent fitments 09's and up?

I had gaps everywhere and i couldnt use 3m tape to fix it, i used a whole lot of silicon sealant to glue it to the bumper, and i used the sealant to fill in all the gap. I made it work, but i would not call it good fitment out fo the box, esp the edges, as it looks very tacked on. I also didnt use the screws and brackets that came with it, nothing seemed ti line up correctly.

But value for money, u cant beat it. i think its great and looks awesome on (despite the cheap looking edges).

that looks awesome ! really aggressive!

do you have any closer up pic?

and is it painted in the pic ?
Old 03-23-13, 05:50 AM
RegRover
Driver

All looks like good fitment fellas. Pls post pics once your guys have it painted and installed!

[quote=koksik;7838653]Is anyone can tell me dimension of this area:???quote]

Tried to measure but tip was in the way. Looks to be approximately 10-10.5 in.... Why do you need that measurement? Just curious

Originally Posted by StackzIS
That's not too bad at all! meh, guess i'll have to bite the bullet then for mine! ah well. atleast i'll be able to provide some feedback to the GTA community. I'm located north of Toronto too, to be specific Markham..I usually get hassled with duties. i dont understand it really. My best friend when he orders parts for his 350z he pays close to nothing and lives downtown. Thanks for the response and keep up the great work! Car looks fantastic.
I hear you about that, we definitely get shafted by duties and taxes! I'm even more north of you, Barrie to be exact, lol. Hope to meet up with you guys soon......
Old 03-23-13, 06:03 AM
koksik
Lead Lap

[quote=RegRover;7839427]All looks like good fitment fellas. Pls post pics once your guys have it painted and installed!

Originally Posted by koksik
Is anyone can tell me dimension of this area:???quote]

Tried to measure but tip was in the way. Looks to be approximately 10-10.5 in.... Why do you need that measurement? Just curious

thanks for this, why I need that? You probably see soon
Old 03-23-13, 06:13 AM
RegRover
Driver

[quote=koksik;7839439]
Originally Posted by RegRover
All looks like good fitment fellas. Pls post pics once your guys have it painted and installed!

thanks for this, why I need that? You probably see soon
Ooohhhh, I think I have a good idea and can't wait to see it man!!! Do it!!
Old 03-23-13, 07:06 AM
koksik
Lead Lap

[quote=RegRover;7839449]
Originally Posted by koksik

Ooohhhh, I think I have a good idea and can't wait to see it man!!! Do it!!
Yeah, soon man, very soon ha
Old 03-23-13, 08:04 AM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

i'll try another test fit later today and take some pictures with updates ! I got mine from the ebay seller dtmmotors
Old 03-23-13, 12:50 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

hey you mind taking a close up shot... i am debating on getting the ap2 tip or something else.... I want something that will look flush or nice on with the lip, without the tip sticking out too much..

thank in advance
Sure, ill get on to that in the next two days or so for u

Originally Posted by dorkacho

It's painted. I'll post close ups soon
Old 03-24-13, 11:12 PM
TravyTrav
Pole Position

Damn man I dont like what i'm hearing about the fitment, are they all made the same? Same fit?
Old 03-25-13, 08:59 AM
350Pearl
Rookie

I ordered a MyRide diffuser and it took me a few weeks before I installed it, but when I first got it the fitment was off on the left and on the inside exhaust area (touched my HKS exhaust) ...And then once I finally got it painted and installed I was so happy and it looked so good that even the shop that did all the work said the fitment for a replica was so good that they wanted me to send them pics! I will post pics of it soon.
Old 03-27-13, 10:30 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

thank in advance
Originally Posted by dorkacho

Originally Posted by TravyTrav
Damn man I dont like what i'm hearing about the fitment, are they all made the same? Same fit?
Maybe its just me, everyone else is giving it a 9/10, with that said this is my first time doing a body part myself, so take my complaints with a grain of salt.

on to the pics.

Closeup of S2K AP2 tips
My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-34mprkz.jpg
My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-lteoktq.jpg
My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-kfbq1br.jpg
My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-ho9wudn.jpg
fitment of tips is tight, but it doesn't touch.
Now for the gaps, I have filled the gaps with silicon sealant, u can clearly see where large amounts were needed. I am currently repainting the bumper, and painting over the sealant in black to match the color of the car for a more flush look. if u look closely u can see where the gaps are, The gaps are dependent on how u line it up the diffuser. Its also very possible, my piece got bent during shipping, because it was packed w no bubble wrap or any form of protection.. so that could be another reason why my fitment was off compared to everyone else.
Gaps:
My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-1gapi0d.jpg
My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-v2hwplo.jpg

Quick Reply: My Ride Diffuser REPLICA