IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Mod Ideas and Style of Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-12, 06:55 AM
blui2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod Ideas and Style of Wheel

UK based - Big fan of the Forum guys, looking forward to contributing.....

I have 2006 IS220d Matador/Mica Red, fully stock. Wanting to mod car slowly over time as restricted by dollar!

To date ive fitted $800 Tuning Chip, $600 Anti Speed Gun Lazer Blocker, My next mod will be changing internal lights to LED. But im weighing up my next higher $ mod.... basically its between FlyAudio Nav unit or a set of 19" Alloys. Both going to set me back equivalent of (quick calculation) $1700 so once i pull the trigger on one of these, the credit card will need time to recover before i can go again.

FlyAudio Nav will bring me pleasure in the cabin. I listen to a lot of Music, annoys me that i cant charge Ipod in the car and that i have to use the Ipod display which is in the arm rest on a short aux cable. DVD functionality very appealing as i have a 5 year old son who loves watching his portable DVD player in car etc etc so its going to improve the car for me inside.

Alloys will just improve the appearance of the car. Smarten it up and be a real visible mod to get started with. I love the look of the IS, particularly when its clean, alloys will improve that for me too!

Dilemma which to go with next as the other would probably be 6 months - 1 year when i get the credit card down low enough to go again! Ive only modded things that no one else might see, but that give me pleasure, so do i continue the theme and do the FlyAudio, or do i start on the outside of the car and go with the wheels?

On the subject of wheels, 19" Silver Finish, but Star Shaped 5 Spoke (Like Double Spoked on each point) or Multi Spoke (10 Spoke +) ??

Seen both on IS in photos but can never decide which i like best. BBS Style is too many spokes for my liking so slightly less than that?

Any Feedback Guys? Thanks.
Old 10-18-12, 08:05 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I would suggest the Nav unit first. Then when summer rolls around you can start shopping for wheels. I also prefer the multi-spoke style to the split 5-spoke
Old 10-18-12, 08:41 AM
blui2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sm1ke
I would suggest the Nav unit first. Then when summer rolls around you can start shopping for wheels. I also prefer the multi-spoke style to the split 5-spoke
Of Course! Good point, Why get new wheels at start of winter! Im such a beginner at this Mod-business!

Yea i think Multi Spoke is better looking, more OEM but still giving a def Aftermarket look.... if that makes sense?
Old 10-18-12, 08:55 AM
GOTORacing
Pole Position

Go with the Nav unit first and the wheels second. I carry a lot of wheel options for you and can get great shipping rates to the UK.
Old 10-18-12, 09:36 AM
blui2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GOTORacing
Go with the Nav unit first and the wheels second. I carry a lot of wheel options for you and can get great shipping rates to the UK.
Thanks Kris, thats very honest of you.... I checked out your site and ill def be giving you a call in Spring/Summer - I like the Nutek 710, what sort of price would the 19" to suit IS250 be, shipped to UK?