IS250 Carbon Build up CSP

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-13, 05:43 AM
sharper811
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership matters

Originally Posted by B16da9
They claimed they did everything per what i printed ( I dont't trust dealers) out but they looked at me with a when I brought the paper out. Also after we paid we had to wait for 30 min before the car was brought out to us which leads me to beleive something is up as the gentleman after us received his GS within minutes after walking out.

I also mentioned to Corp as to how they are going to handle this when IS250 owners have had enough of this issue and get together to form a class action lawsuit.
Johnson Lexus in Durham, NC could not duplicate the any of the issues with the carbon build up. In fact, they told me that 1 qt of oil per 1200 miles was normal. I complained to Lexus corp and they sent it to me in writing! I almost sent a letter to my state attorney general's office. If this is amount of oil consumption is normal, then my owner's manual should tell me to put oil in my car every 1,200 miles! I had a 1998 GS 400 that I never had to add oil to. They told me they have different engines. REALLY!! A 1998 with 250K miles doesn't burn oil, but at 2006 with 110K does?

In July, I took my car to Flow Lexus in Greensboro for an oil change and they found the problem. It has been two months and I still have not gotten a call to come get it repaired.

How many issues do we have to have for a class action lawsuit? If this were a "safety" issue, this would have been a recall. So, how do you sue for a manufacturer defect that decreases the value of car?
Old 09-05-13, 09:52 PM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by starknight
how does 85,000 miles still under warranty? Crown lexus charges me for the water pump
I bought my IS Certified, and I have already put 30,000 miles on it within a year of owning it. It's covered for 100,000 miles or 3 years, which ever comes first.
Old 09-06-13, 11:26 AM
starknight
Lead Lap

took my car in today...see if they can replace my water pump under the extended powertrain warranty. My car is currently 75xxx miles
Old 09-09-13, 02:40 PM
AndysIS
Driver

Since its 9 years and unlimited miles and this hasnt really fixed the problem, my car is a 2008 and im having carbon build up problems right now can I use this tsib now and before the 9 year mark if it continues to happen again?
Old 09-09-13, 03:07 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharper811

Johnson Lexus in Durham, NC could not duplicate the any of the issues with the carbon build up. In fact, they told me that 1 qt of oil per 1200 miles was normal. I complained to Lexus corp and they sent it to me in writing! I almost sent a letter to my state attorney general's office. If this is amount of oil consumption is normal, then my owner's manual should tell me to put oil in my car every 1,200 miles! I had a 1998 GS 400 that I never had to add oil to. They told me they have different engines. REALLY!! A 1998 with 250K miles doesn't burn oil, but at 2006 with 110K does?

In July, I took my car to Flow Lexus in Greensboro for an oil change and they found the problem. It has been two months and I still have not gotten a call to come get it repaired.

How many issues do we have to have for a class action lawsuit? If this were a "safety" issue, this would have been a recall. So, how do you sue for a manufacturer defect that decreases the value of car?
That does not sound normal. The dealership should have performed an "Oil Consumption Test". I had a similiar problem with my old car (Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V) and Nissan dealership had to do that test. Basically, they do an oil change, then seal off or place tamper proof seal on the oil cap and drain so that you don't mess with it. Drive it until next oil change, then dealer will get a reading. If it's over 1 quart in 3K miles, something is wrong. I was losing 1.5 to 2 quart of oil.

For the Sentra, the piston rings was defective and did not seat properly. The cylinders got seared which caused it to excess consume oil.

Definitely, write a complain and also report the dealership to BAR (if your state has one). BAR is the Baureau of Automative Repair which makes sure the dealerships do their jobs correctly and stand on the consumer side. The will audit the dealer with an undercover agent and fine the dealership/auto repair shop hard if caught.
Old 09-09-13, 03:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
To clarify, that's nine years from the time the car was new, correct?
usually they do 9 years or 120k miles but in this case I think the mileage is wide open. It will be 9 years from the 'service date'. This is the date the car was originally purchased
Old 09-11-13, 12:25 PM
teefar
Driver

3 weeks later after the service and I can say I get much noticeably better gas mileage. Its a little smoother and that shifting transmission jerk a lot of us get when in stop and go traffic in a parking lot has gone away. Not sure if it was related but that was a huge annoyance.

this is the tranny issue I'm talking about(see below).
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-braking.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tle-rough.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...stumbling.html
Old 09-11-13, 04:50 PM
cokoaT
Driver School Candidate

hey guys im a new lexus owner i just got a is250 2008 an i called lexus after seeing this post and they said theres no recall for the carbon build up for my car at all.....im not sure if i should go in an let them check it out or i should just go with what the guy said plz help thanks
Old 09-11-13, 05:13 PM
teefar
Driver

Originally Posted by cokoaT
hey guys im a new lexus owner i just got a is250 2008 an i called lexus after seeing this post and they said theres no recall for the carbon build up for my car at all.....im not sure if i should go in an let them check it out or i should just go with what the guy said plz help thanks
Start at page 1 and read. Tons of info in this thread.
Old 09-11-13, 06:18 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cokoaT
Read everything on here and if your cars is show signs of this problem take it in.
Old 09-11-13, 06:23 PM
cokoaT
Driver School Candidate

thank you very much guys i just read like 30 pages an holy lol......but im just concerned about canada having this csp thing because as i read on all i seen was usa gettin it done....man this sucks ....but truthfully my car doesnt have any of these issues only issue i have is the shocks being warn out
Old 09-16-13, 06:45 AM
1Clean06IS
Pole Position

I have good news to report from NJ. Took my 06 250 in to be "checked", after changing my plugs at 100k I haven't had any major idle issues. I lucked out landed with a tech who is friends with the club lexus community and order a complete upper rebuild, new seals, rings, pistons, ect....

It's at 111k miles I was told since I had high mullahs they didn't want to mess around, they would prefer to do the full service, should have my car mid to late this week, so we will see!
Old 09-16-13, 08:34 AM
Luxman
Driver School Candidate

Default Anyone receive official notification on Carbon Buildup?

My IS250 is still running awful. I've had 2 warning light events (VSC, engine, trace, etc) no records of which were stored in the computer. Hanging on hoping to receive a letter from Lexus soon for the Carbon Buildup issue as this seems to be my only hope of getting my car running right again. I've discovered that it's now burning oil at a rate of 1 qt. per 2500 miles (I'll assume the pistons are becoming more of an issue). It sounds as if this is a model-wide problem. Has Lexus come through for any IS250 owners and satisfactorily repaired your engine? Has anyone received official notification on any related engine performance issues?
Old 09-16-13, 08:54 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luxman
My IS250 is still running awful. I've had 2 warning light events (VSC, engine, trace, etc) no records of which were stored in the computer. Hanging on hoping to receive a letter from Lexus soon for the Carbon Buildup issue as this seems to be my only hope of getting my car running right again. I've discovered that it's now burning oil at a rate of 1 qt. per 2500 miles (I'll assume the pistons are becoming more of an issue). It sounds as if this is a model-wide problem. Has Lexus come through for any IS250 owners and satisfactorily repaired your engine? Has anyone received official notification on any related engine performance issues?
I've put about 3k miles in one month since I got my car back from getting the engine overhauled. Prior to the rebuild, my car was car was burning oil at about the same rate as yours (1 qt per every 2500 miles). I haven't had any issues so far. Car is running stronger than before and when I checked the oil level this past weekend, the oil was actually really clean (honey colored) and still at exactly the same level where it was at when i picked up my car from Lexus a month ago.

I would definitely take it to your local dealership to see what's going on and if they can't fix that for you then try contacting corporate.
Old 09-16-13, 01:27 PM
Zatrekaz
Rookie

Just called the closest dealer and left a message for them to call me back. Let's hope I can get this done. The stalling/misfiring when coming to a stop has been really bad. I can't seem to get over 21mpg city either.

EDIT: Customer Service rep called me back, and scheduled for me to come in this Thursday. Said they will take a Snapshot/Freeze frame of the car? Send that to Lexus, and get word from them if it is approved or not.

Last edited by Zatrekaz; 09-16-13 at 01:35 PM.

Quick Reply: IS250 Carbon Build up CSP