IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 Carbon Build up CSP

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-13, 11:57 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

over here in norcal (lexus stevens creek) we have to be in the waiting list for 6-9 months.. right now they are just servicing those who were in line from November last year -__-
Old 07-15-13, 12:57 AM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rookieIS
over here in norcal (lexus stevens creek) we have to be in the waiting list for 6-9 months.. right now they are just servicing those who were in line from November last year -__-
I first brought my car in this January to have it checked for the carbon build-up and they said it would only take 2-3 months for them to get the parts in. I waited till April and decided to give them a follow-up call, in which they scheduled me to go in a week later.

Try giving them a follow-up call. They will most likely schedule you in sooner if you've been waiting awhile if you call them. I bet they're trying to service the ones that have the recurring symptoms first, even after the top engine clean.
Old 07-15-13, 09:46 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nitrotang
I first brought my car in this January to have it checked for the carbon build-up and they said it would only take 2-3 months for them to get the parts in. I waited till April and decided to give them a follow-up call, in which they scheduled me to go in a week later.

Try giving them a follow-up call. They will most likely schedule you in sooner if you've been waiting awhile if you call them. I bet they're trying to service the ones that have the recurring symptoms first, even after the top engine clean.
yup thats what i did. i had misfires recently and they agreed to expedite my tsb. they had my car for almost 3 weeks now
Old 07-15-13, 11:14 AM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rookieIS
yup thats what i did. i had misfires recently and they agreed to expedite my tsb. they had my car for almost 3 weeks now
It took them almost 4 weeks to finish working on mine. After they put the engine and everything back together, they drove it for about 100 miles to make sure everything was working okay and that there were no leaks. I've fallen in love with my car again after the fix, so I'm glad that they took their time making sure my car was back to tip top shape.
Old 07-17-13, 04:17 PM
BlaznLexus
Driver School Candidate

The parts are finally in for my car after a 9 month wait. Currently driving an RX350 F-Sport as a loaner.

Couple questions,

1. Is there anything I should have them check while they're performing the repairs? I told my service advisor to have them check the Water Pump only. However I noticed others are having them replace the Driving Belt and Spark Plugs. Should I have those things changed as well? My car is an 06 IS250 with 45K miles on it. I know Spark Plugs are due for 60K maintenance...

2. From my understanding, I should be charged only for the parts and not the labor since the engine is already removed from the recall? I'm guessing this is up to the dealership?

3. For those that have the recall done already, is the oil pan removed and resealed during the repair process? I watched the video of the repair process and noticed the oil pan was out. The reason I ask is because one of the techs stated I had a minor oil leak when I brought the car in several months ago. Service advisor said they would have to reseal the oil pan which cost $500
Old 07-17-13, 04:55 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ holy shi** 9 months??????????

I thought my service adviser was kidding when she said 7-8 months.
Old 07-17-13, 09:37 PM
Rickyp521
Rookie

Wait how long have you had your cars? I've had mine since April 2011 brand new should I go ahead and ask them to church mine out? I haven't had a lot off problems there will be sometimes when Im at a stoplight and my rpm goes down and jumps back up to 2? They also told me flooring it a few times helps get rid of carbon build up
Old 07-18-13, 10:32 PM
BlaznLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by e46m3lol

One quick call to corporate will probably move you up if you been waiting for couple months now.
Old 07-20-13, 01:33 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Quick question. Does the top engine clean entitle the free tank of gas? Or is that just for the rebuild?
Old 07-20-13, 10:11 PM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ElitistK
I've never had good service from lexus of riverside. It is probably the worst lexus dealership in cali
I ave to agree with you. I called Lexus of Riverside to ask could I bring in my IS250 at 3pm, and the receptionist said yes I could. I get there at 3pm sharp, and the SA tells me that all of the mechanics were gone for the day, and that they couldn't change my oil nor let me leave my vehicle because they didn't have any loaner cars. I was shocked. Even the Toyota dealer I used to go to would do oil changes as late as 3pm, even if I had to wait an hour or two before they closed. I typically go to Lexus of Escondido since I live about half way between Escondido and Riverside. The service there is awesome, and I like how they let me pick the loaner car I want.
Old 07-20-13, 10:14 PM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Quick question. Does the top engine clean entitle the free tank of gas? Or is that just for the rebuild?
My tank was filled at Lexus of Escondido when I got my top engine cleaned. That was the only time too.
Old 07-20-13, 10:18 PM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by e46m3lol

I've been waiting since January. My SA at Lexus of Escondido said that my name is on the list and I will be called soon to have my vehicle repaired. After my last service two weeks ago, he said I should be called within the next 3-6 weeks. He also said that my dealership will probably have the new 2014 ISs for loaners by then too. I would love to see how much they have improved that car over my 09 model. If I get the 2014 IS loaner, they can keep my car as long as they want, he he he he. I will tell my SA to take your time, you don't have to rush.
Old 07-22-13, 06:52 PM
starknight
Lead Lap

My SA at crown lexus Ontario, ca told me they might not have the top engine wash service available anymore as Lexus corporation stopped it recently. What they do is check the car, identify the problem then ordering the parts, usually a 3-4 month waiting period. The engine wash was just a temporarily fix. And I will have to buy the oil can and he might be able to change the belt at no cost. He told me they have 150 ppl on the waiting list. lol
Old 07-22-13, 10:54 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I just emailed my SA at Longo, requesting another top engine clean. I'll report back here what he says...
Old 07-23-13, 11:28 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

just picked up my car after a almost a month in Lexus Service.

apparently there is a special "lifter" for the 2006 models (maybe earlier 2007) according to my SA.

i also spent close to $1,000 out of pocket to get the cam gear TSB fixed (out of warranty), as well as water pump and spark plugs replaced.

fresh oil change and coolant flush.

car is running like a champ now

Last edited by rookieIS; 07-23-13 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: IS250 Carbon Build up CSP