HeyArms' KSport Pro Plus Air Suspension Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-12, 11:07 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
Default HeyArms' KSport Pro Plus Air Suspension Review

Updated pics & experience page 3

Without KSport having a huge following thus far, and no reviews on our car, thought I'd share my experiences so far with the setup. For reference, I had Tein S-Tech springs for 5 months, and Megan EZ coils for 5 months previously on my car. This was installed on my car on 8/24/2012, so I have short term experience now, but I will update this at longer intervals to let everyone know how it holds up.

So here's a picture from their website of the kit I got: KSport Pro Plus

The kit can be bought for around $3600-3800 from vendors on CL.

Installation:
I did not install the kit myself, but there isn't too much to it. There are no gauges or switches to wire into the cabin, as everything is ran and monitored off an OLED key fob, as well as a very basic key fob for preset ride heights. This leaves running power to the trunk for the compressors and whatnot, and running the air lines to all four corners, and installing the coils/bags. There is no setting up valves either, as the large red box houses all of this, and there are just inlet/outlets to plug in your air lines to. VERY simple. I've undone and redone these fittings a few times to rearrange and it couldn't be easier. The bags come on coil overs, so the user can dial in on what psi they won't to ride at, and how low/high they want to be able to go. They're also 32 way dampened coils.

Pic of key fob's

The good:
Once I took care of a few leaks from some careless installation (fittings not tight enough on tank), it's been pretty great riding around Houston at any height I desire. I left the coils midway on install, so currently I can go WAY too high, and not quite low enough. I need camber arms in the rear before I can adjust the coils and drop it lower anyways. Yesterday I drove around town with a full car (4 adults, including myself) and I hadn't been able to do that in forever. Great feeling not rubbing anyway, and getting in and out of steep entrances. The ride is very smooth at any height so it seems, and not quite as stiff as my Megan coils.

Bugs to work out still
Currently, the preset ride heights don't work properly. I have a preset to dump it to 0psi all around, and one to raise it to max psi all around, those two work. My preset for driving height will not work, it goes to a random height (a very high height). KSport is easy to call and get help, and I just simply didn't understand what I need to do to fix this. But they sounded confident in knowing this issue and how to correct it.
KSport has said that the problem has to do with the bags being sleeved, not bellowed, and that when i lower the coils, it will work itself out. Hard to explain without a visual of the coil to explain it, but it has to do with a pocket in the bag not filling up as fast as the majority of the bag so the pressure reading is off. Camber arms go on this week, so it will be lower as well and hopefully all work

There is a lot of clunking. Little bumps cause a bit of clunking from the coils, I suspected it was the collars not being tightened, but they all checked out, so this will need to be talked over with KSport to see if it's normal or not. With music on, you can't hear it, but since it was installed on 8/24/2012, I have been driving around listening for any issues. FIXED: Had to REALLY tighten those lower collars. Instructions call for using a hammer and chisel to tighten them, haha

Pictures and Conclusion
I only have a little over a week logged on this suspension, but so far so good. I will update this thread at longer intervals to keep everyone posted on this setup. A lot of people are quick to judge because its not Air Runner, and this community is largely brand wh0res, myself included, so I'd like to help shed light on a somewhat cheaper solution to going air.

On to pics, and a short video of it going from all the way down, to all the way up, to all the way down. Keep in mind I need to adjust the coils when I get my camber arms so I can go lower! I'm no pro photographer either

Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about KSport.

Last edited by heyarms; 10-10-12 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-02-12, 11:10 PM
StrmTrpLex
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

wow that is badass! How much was the setup?? I just keep watching the youtube video going up and down so smooth!
Old 09-02-12, 11:16 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

One word: Amazing

Love it
Old 09-02-12, 11:17 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StrmTrpLex
wow that is badass! How much was the setup?? I just keep watching the youtube video going up and down so smooth!
Thanks, it can be bought for around $3600-3800 from CL vendors.

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
One word: Amazing

Love it
Thanks Raj. My car looks nothing like it did from when I was out in Cali last October haha.
Old 09-02-12, 11:27 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

At that height it looks like the AWD IS 4x4 lol but look great slammed.
Old 09-02-12, 11:38 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for sharing with us! i was definitely one of your fans
Old 09-02-12, 11:42 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Thanks Raj. My car looks nothing like it did from when I was out in Cali last October haha.
haha funny you mention that - I was actually trying to find a pic to post as a comparison shot ... you did so much to that car in so little time!

couldn't find a good one
Old 09-03-12, 12:39 AM
LEXX135
Pole Position

Nice Adam I'm glad I got to see this in person =)
Old 09-03-12, 01:00 PM
The1Ghost
Driver

Is there anyway to hook up a digital preset for the inside?
Old 09-03-12, 04:11 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The1Ghost
Is there anyway to hook up a digital preset for the inside?
Like digital gauges mounted inside? yeah I'm sure you can, this kit doesn't come with any (clearly) but the lower kits you add gauges to. Personally, I didn't want the additional parts in my interior so this setup works well for me.

Also, some people add accuair air management to it to have more advanced features and auto leveling, that is another large expense so I may or may not add that in the future.
Old 09-03-12, 04:13 PM
euroimage
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the issue you are having with your ride height preset is due to the fact it is a pressure based system. without a system with all 4 corner height sensors there will be issues returning to the "ride height" and those numbers will always change and always be at a different height.
Old 09-03-12, 04:24 PM
24boosted
Pole Position

Sweet ride, nice review, key fob is awesome.
Old 09-03-12, 05:32 PM
NickIS
Driver School Candidate

Very Nice, I've been looking into the possibility of an air ride but the prices just kill me right now.

The look is so nice though!!
Old 09-03-12, 05:40 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by euroimage
the issue you are having with your ride height preset is due to the fact it is a pressure based system. without a system with all 4 corner height sensors there will be issues returning to the "ride height" and those numbers will always change and always be at a different height.
I don't think that's it, because when I use the preset for driving height, the corners will all go to the designed presets, but yet the height in regards to the psi is far off. For instance, I set the driving height preset to 110psi and this gives about half a finger gap all around. I then click the preset and it goes to 110psi all around, but the height it goes to is ~2inches higher all around, so it doesn't seem to read the pressure correctly when going to a preset.

I will call KSport tomorrow about this though, it's not a huge deal, but there is also an option to have the car go to a designated preset when you turn on the car, which will be awesome once it works properly.
Old 09-03-12, 08:22 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ride ksport does make good products I have their coils on my car now waitng on my Air rex setup for SEMA to come in. How do you like the ride so far.

Quick Reply: HeyArms' KSport Pro Plus Air Suspension Review