ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Garage Door – Home Link Issue (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/653388-garage-door-o-home-link-issue.html)

YoPaNv 09-01-12 07:56 PM

Garage Door – Home Link Issue

We have a 2012 IS250 AWD and a 2012 CT200h. When attempting to program the rolling code for the garage door for both cars. I set the garage door to learn mode and set one car. Then perform the same step for the other car. The last car set seems to void the first car. I have tried setting each car on different homelink buttons (1-3), but this doesn’t matter. Once the last car is programed it always voids the other car. Anyone run into this?

carlos3366 09-02-12 07:52 AM

we have a benz and a lex w/no probs w/garage door opener. try fully program one car and take off the g d opener from the learn mode. test the one car to make sure it works fine, wait a couple of minutes and then program the other car.

Machog 09-02-12 08:01 AM

We have a Lex and Honda, take one car out of range, park it up the street and try that. Did you first erase both Homelinks, that may help.

Machog

Gville350 09-03-12 11:08 AM

I've got the problem where mine won't even connect even in "learn" mode. Cleared all previous settings...and yet no dice. No well.

Genecc 09-03-12 12:55 PM

easy fix. I recently tried to program my new car and ran into the same issue. Hold down the learn button on the garage door opener until the light goes out (just a few seconds), now start the programming of each car from the beginning. The door opener has reached its maximum number of devices it can recognize so clearing it solves the problem but you have to go and reprogram all your current cars and openers.

tex2670 09-03-12 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gville350 (Post 7462089)
I've got the problem where mine won't even connect even in "learn" mode. Cleared all previous settings...and yet no dice. No well.

For this problem, try putting fresh batteries in the OEM garage remote before you program.

TimboIS 09-03-12 03:05 PM

I had a similar issue. Did a complete reset on the garage door unit. It turned out the door unit can only hold so many remotes, and it kept popping the last one "off the stack". Mind you I have 3 cars w/6 remotes.

Gville350 09-03-12 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by tex2670 (Post 7462366)
For this problem, try putting fresh batteries in the OEM garage remote before you program.

I hate to deviate from the OP's topic, but how would a fresh battery in the original Craftsmen remote help the HomeLink connect to the main unit/opener in "learn" mode?

GMONEY305 09-04-12 04:10 PM

I was also having issues with the HomeLink Garage Door opener, I wrote an email and they sent me this information hope it helps! I have a 2010 FYI.

My error was after I programmed the button on my rearview mirror, I also needed to press the learner button on the garage door unit and then press and hold the button on the rearview mirror again. After this last step it worked properly...GOOD LUCK!

Here are the programming instructions we have, and I have also provided some tips along the way that may help too. The tips will start with **

Clearing the buttons:

1. Press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons (1 & 3) until the indicator light begins to flash (after 20 seconds)
Do not hold for longer than 30 seconds.
** If you are programming a 2nd button after the first button is set, do not repeat this step.
** If you have already programmed one of the buttons to operate another opener, do not do this step.

Training a HomeLink button:

2. Place the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches from the HomeLink button you want to program.
** Place the remote control up against the button you will be programming.

3. Simultaneously, press and hold both your HomeLink button and your hand-held transmitter. Do not release either button until step 4 has been completed. This step will activate your garage door.

4. When the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a rapid flash, release both HomeLink & hand-held transmitter buttons.

*** Here are tips to try if you are not getting the rapid flashing LED light after holding your remote control and the HomeLink button.
If you are holding both buttons for up to 30 seconds and still see only a slow flash, release the buttons and try again, using one of these tips:

**If the HomeLink buttons are in the mirror, hold the remote control at different locations around the mirror, and also hold the remote behind the mirror during the training step.
** If the HomeLink buttons are on the overhead console or the visor, try holding the remote control close to button 3, even if that is not the button you are training. Button 3 is closest to the HomeLink receiver and the signal may be accepted quicker here.

** Press the HomeLink button first, and after a few seconds join in by pressing the remote control button as well.

** If you are using a remote control with more than one button, and you have an extra button that does not activate another garage door opener, try pressing this button at the same time as the HomeLink button instead. Your door will not move, but the signal is still being copied from the remote to the HomeLink button.

***Place a new battery in the remote control. The HomeLink signal is drawing off of 80% of the battery power. A weaker battery may still operate your door, but it is not strong enough to provide the signal HomeLink needs.

***Try another remote control.

** Especially for Genie customers: If your remote control has a toggle switch on the side of the remote, and the FCCID number on the back has the numbers 315 AND 390 in it, this is a dual frequency remote control and the toggle must be in the down position ( 390 MHz) for the programming steps.

5. Test the button before going to the next step. To test: press and hold down only the HomeLink button you have just trained. The indicator light should flash very fast for a few seconds, then turn to a solid light. Release the button. This is a trained button signal.

6. Now go to your garage door opener motor head unit in the garage. Locate the "Program" or "Learn" button.
Usually it is found near the hanging antenna wire on your garage door opener motor head unit.
(The name of these buttons vary by manufacturer, please see your garage door openers owners manual for the location of this programming button).

7. Press and release the "Program" or "Learn" button once, like a door bell (1 second)
***Do not hold this button down. Holding this button down for too long will erase all Remotes, Keypad and other HomeLink equipped vehicles

After pressing and releasing this button, you have 30 seconds to complete the final step:

8.. Return to to your vehicle and firmly press and hold your already trained HomeLink button for three seconds and release.
** Instead of "three seconds" hold the button until the indicator light flashes fast, and then goes solid. Then release.
This equals about 3-5 seconds. Repeat by holding down the HomeLink button again. This time, the door should move.

If these steps and tips are still not helping with a successful programming of the HomeLink buttons in your car, please respond to my email with some information where your results are different than what should be happening. Also, include the best time for me to call you if you would like for me to try calling you again.

Sincerely,
Janelle
HomeLink Customer Support

tex2670 09-04-12 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gville350 (Post 7462604)
I hate to deviate from the OP's topic, but how would a fresh battery in the original Craftsmen remote help the HomeLink connect to the main unit/opener in "learn" mode?

The first time you learn, you have to hold down the OEM garage remote button while holding down the Lexus HomeLink button to program. I dunno the science behind it, but when I had trouble when I first bought my car, someone else suggested it when I couldn't program -- and it worked the 1st time after I put fresh batteries in the remote, when I couldn't get it after a week of trying before changing the batteries.

calbeeze 09-21-17 09:38 AM

I have three doors to open. So I programmed the homelink in the '07 IS250 to open all three. Worked well for about three days. Then one night after coming home from work, all three doors open from pushing button number 1. Mind you, the other two buttons still operate their appropriate door. But button one opens them all. What is going on?????????????????????????????????????????

jr4div2 09-21-17 01:06 PM

I suspect as you added the 2nd and 3rd door, the 1st was still in programming mode. I would just reprogram the 2nd with the 2nd button. Wait a few minutes. Then reprogram the 3rd door with the 3rd button. That should set things right again.

sktn77a 09-22-17 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by jr4div2 (Post 9987928)
I suspect as you added the 2nd and 3rd door, the 1st was still in programming mode.

If it worked well for 3 days, I don't think this ws the problem. Try reprogramming button 1 again and see if it stays.

richardcht 02-06-19 04:38 AM

Yes if the garage door work for three days well then this must not be the problem at all.