Nokian Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-12, 09:22 AM
StillLTD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nokian Tires

Hey everyone,

I am in the market for some winter tires and i've been hearing a lot about the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R. I have had their WR-G2's but im looking for something with a little bit better winter performance since moving to Wisconsin.
The Hakka R seems to get pretty stellar reviews online, and i guess they are pretty reasonably priced in the size i need. I understand that Blizzaks and X-Ice's are cheaper but they are terrible - i've had them in the past and i have only got 1-2 seasons max out of them.
Anyway, i was just wondering if anyone had an experience with driving on the Nokians? Wasn't sure how they would hold up with aggressive winter driving.

This is somewhat time-sensative because the "ChristmasJuly" coupon they have right now expires at the end of August and id like to take advantage of the $40 off per set and free shipping on all Nokians.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-12, 02:38 PM
Nilism
Rookie

I'm putting on nordfrost 5's this year. If you are looking at the Nokian's those might interest you as well.
Old 08-30-12, 02:46 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the nokia hakka r are pretty good, nilism's gislaved nordfrost are nice too

if you want performance, u can get toyo ones, i rmb they had a garit kx or something

or if you want good bang for buck, hankook have some nice stuff

of course you can go the original route of blizzaks or michelin xice

they are all decent tires, can't go wrong with any one
Old 08-30-12, 02:59 PM
Nilism
Rookie

Nordfrost 5's can be ordered studded from the factory, which is one of the few tires with this option. They tend to be a lot more effective then a post production studded tire. Good control in none ice conditions.

I also live farther north by many hundreds of miles. Not sure if you would be served well down there on studs.

Anyway the Nokia n's will be great. No worries.
Old 09-05-12, 11:13 AM
L3XUS2005
Driver School Candidate

Awesome, thanks so much for the feedback!

I figured my family's safety isn't something i should really gamble with...so i decided to get the dedicated winter tires from Nokian. The Hakkapeliitta R's look really aggressive, i can't wait to install them!

I appreciate the responses, hopefully everyone on here has their winter tires ready to go for that little extra peace of mind.
Old 09-07-12, 08:28 AM
StillLTD
Driver School Candidate

Default Hakkapeliitta R Tires

Thanks for the replies!

I think i am also going with the Hakkapeliitta R tires for the winter. I've been shopping around for a very long time, and i haven't really heard too many bad things about them...besides the fact that they are a big squirmy in dry conditions at warm temperatures (which is to be expected). I got mine on Wednesday and they look very impressive. I had no idea that the hakka siping was so intricate. I am really looking forward to testing these things out in the winter. Last winter was pretty mild here so hopefully this year i will get some good winter driving in.

Thanks again everyone!

I can't exactly recommend getting these since i haven't driven on them yet...but they LOOK excellent - I'll give a more detailed review at the end of the season.