IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-17, 10:27 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I was poking around in google play store and found this app that could be useful here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...audioplayerpro

It allows you to use an external USB sound-card bypassing the built in DAC. This could help to improve your sound quality significantly.I haven't used it and can't swear by it, but thought I point you to it to check out.

This free app will test to determine if you can use an external USB sound card. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sobe.usbaudio
Old 01-07-17, 10:32 PM
bazzle01
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Might be some helpful info in this thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2660662

Bazzle
Old 01-08-17, 01:30 AM
Nightofire
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Interested in Buying

So I see that there is some serious effort to get this aftermarket to work correctly. I noticed two of you have mentioned selling the units and working w.the seller on this, One is for Germany, but I am in California. Htoo are you are you trying to get this unit working for the U.S.? I would like to buy one, but not until the issues are fixed, I honestly want plug n play on this one.
Old 01-09-17, 05:38 AM
Htoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightofire
So I see that there is some serious effort to get this aftermarket to work correctly. I noticed two of you have mentioned selling the units and working w.the seller on this, One is for Germany, but I am in California. Htoo are you are you trying to get this unit working for the U.S.? I would like to buy one, but not until the issues are fixed, I honestly want plug n play on this one.
I'm from Myanmar, I was thinking about selling to Asian market actually. However, I didn't buy Thonza unit because I don't get answers properly from them. And I also learned there is a new manufacturer on its way to create even more awesome unit. I've talked to him and he seems to know what he is doing imho. Here's a screenshot of his prototype. It's a 10.1 inches screen, real android 5.1 unit with ~2Gb of RAM. He said it's gonna take 2 more weeks to finish developing it.
Attached Thumbnails Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-screen-shot-2017-01-09-at-8.03.35-pm.png  
Old 01-09-17, 08:11 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Htoo
I'm from Myanmar, I was thinking about selling to Asian market actually. However, I didn't buy Thonza unit because I don't get answers properly from them. And I also learned there is a new manufacturer on its way to create even more awesome unit. I've talked to him and he seems to know what he is doing imho. Here's a screenshot of his prototype. It's a 10.1 inches screen, real android 5.1 unit with ~2Gb of RAM. He said it's gonna take 2 more weeks to finish developing it.

That's kinda cool, but kinda ugly at the same time.
Old 01-09-17, 08:51 AM
top5
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Htoo
Let us know if it has the same airbag light issues when you get it
Old 01-09-17, 11:06 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by getafewliv
That's kinda cool, but kinda ugly at the same time.
I feel the same way
Old 01-09-17, 12:45 PM
Htoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The first two photos are missing the black trimmed glass cover (look at that in third photo). I hope it will get a lot better with that glass cover.
Old 01-09-17, 12:59 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Lets wait and see
Old 01-14-17, 11:56 PM
laovo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So it seems like this new Thonzer unit is a flop, or at least too many issues. Especially the audio issues that Dave is having are unacceptable for me. Oh well I guess us non nav owners are stuck for now.
Old 01-15-17, 04:07 PM
Nightofire
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by laovo
So it seems like this new Thonzer unit is a flop, or at least too many issues. Especially the audio issues that Dave is having are unacceptable for me. Oh well I guess us non nav owners are stuck for now.

Id agree at the moment pending a follow up by Thonzer & Dave
Old 01-21-17, 12:15 PM
MattaS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hi there
nice thread
i also looking for an android for my non screen is
waiting for a serious flyaudio unit
also i am waiting to get some info from KLYDE ELECTRONICS (i have read in one forum that they are planning to produce such a unit for the is)
also sent an email to dongguan asvegen elctronics for their 10.2" unit (in the pictures it looks perfect.... for my taste)

meanwhile i am also pending
Old 01-23-17, 08:11 AM
MattaS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

klyde electronics reply:
sorry,didn't have lexus series
Old 01-24-17, 12:23 AM
TwoFifty
Driver School Candidate

Any news about the 10.2" unit Htoo mentioned?

I found it on Alibaba --> https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...591523405.html

There are also images with the unit fitted in the dashboard. Is anyone in contact with the supplier and has more information about it like prices, etc.
Old 01-24-17, 07:04 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Originally Posted by TwoFifty
Any news about the 10.2" unit Htoo mentioned?

I found it on Alibaba --> https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...591523405.html

There are also images with the unit fitted in the dashboard. Is anyone in contact with the supplier and has more information about it like prices, etc.
i did email them. So far no reponse

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer