IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

White Carbon center console Hot or not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-12, 07:58 PM
JimboRice
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Carbon center console Hot or not?

Hey guys I've been trying to make my interior stand out from the rest so I decided to wrap my center console with white carbon and also the window switches. I'm having second thoughts now about how it looks since the color scheme seems too much. Also this is my first time wrapping something so it 's not flush and it's not the best. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails White Carbon center console Hot or not?-img_1033.jpg   White Carbon center console Hot or not?-img_1027.jpg   White Carbon center console Hot or not?-img_1029.jpg   White Carbon center console Hot or not?-img_1034.jpg   White Carbon center console Hot or not?-img_1036.jpg  

Old 07-15-12, 08:02 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

I think it would look good if u had all black interior.
Old 07-15-12, 08:03 PM
mililani00
Pole Position

not my cup of tea, but on all black would look good
Old 07-15-12, 08:04 PM
JimboRice
Rookie

Yeah I was thinking about that also. This is one of the times i wish i had black interior lol
Old 07-15-12, 08:08 PM
4wheelin
Rookie

...there's def a little clash going on. Might just be the lighting though.
Old 07-15-12, 08:41 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The white carbon wrap looks like plastic, so it makes your interior look cheaper IMO
Old 07-15-12, 08:54 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JimboRice
Yeah I was thinking about that also. This is one of the times i wish i had black interior lol
U know when I was car hunting I couldnt decide if I wanted all black or black and tan, I felt the tan made the car look more luxurious but its harder to keep clean and harder to mod if you wanna do custom stuff without clashing with the colors. Good work on the vinyl wrap though. I have the same interior as u. I choose to go with the black CF. U can check it out on the link below in case u wanna change it up and wanna see what it looks like

http://public.fotki.com/remydee/the-is-journal/
Old 07-15-12, 09:09 PM
JimboRice
Rookie

^^ I like your exterior and interior setup. I was thinking about going with the black carbon fiber but i wanted to give the white carbon fiber a try. How hard was it to mold your wald spoiler? I was thinking of buying one from ebay and I dont think I could do something like that to my car since I'm a novice at moding.
Old 07-15-12, 09:17 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JimboRice
^^ I like your exterior and interior setup. I was thinking about going with the black carbon fiber but i wanted to give the white carbon fiber a try. How hard was it to mold your wald spoiler? I was thinking of buying one from ebay and I dont think I could do something like that to my car since I'm a novice at moding.
thanks Jimbo, it wasnt that bad I've done body work on about all of my cars. I bought my rep from bayson R off ebay as well. Fitment wasnt off apparently its a hit or miss, but if you're gonna mold I see no sense in buying authentic anyways unless ure a baller (which I am not)
Old 07-15-12, 09:27 PM
JimboRice
Rookie

Ok thanks for the tip! Yeah I don't have the money for the authentic one either. I've been trying to do stuff to my ride but I'm on a budget so I'm looking for anyway to save money and get the look I want but that's really hard with a lexus lol
Old 07-15-12, 09:29 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

what plans do u have in mind?
Old 07-15-12, 09:33 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I would really like if the white carbon fiber was available "coated" in clear coat, like the IS-F trim. I would have definitely gone that rough instead of the IS-F trim... As you have it, my only fear is how dirty it would get through normal use...

Javier
Old 07-15-12, 09:36 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't look right AT ALL!!! You wanna be different, have it painted by a shop. thy a dark brown if you want something nobody has done.
Old 07-15-12, 09:44 PM
ZeroSeVen
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The white is too strong and not blending well with your interior.

Maybe something darker?
Old 07-15-12, 09:45 PM
JimboRice
Rookie

The next thing I plan on getting are halo's for my fog light and to black them out also. Next would be the wald spoiler (I'm still iffy on whether or i'll mold it). Then I was thinking of getting a new front bumper (mine is scratched up since I bought mine as a used car and the person before me was a terrible driver lol) I would also power coat my wheels since they have a lot of curb rash from the previous owner either black or white (I'm not certain on what color yet) For performance wise it came with an intake already installed and my brother bought me a strut bar for my birthday, so the only other thing I might do buy a HKS filter, and I also need to tint my windows since I keep pushing that back lol A lot on my to do list

Quick Reply: White Carbon center console Hot or not?