IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stupidity at the Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-12, 08:58 PM
DKnight350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for the car, why AWD? If you get RWD, then you get the real deal and sporty performance and not the 4x4 status.

If you still want AWD; tell them to order the color you want, they can order it if it's not available in the area.[/QUOTE]

AWD for Canadian snow that I would guess is on the ground half the year.
Old 07-16-12, 09:08 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DKnight350
AWD for Canadian snow that I would guess is on the ground half the year
No not true. (notice my location).

I've driven in it with FWD and RWD. Don't need for AWD; for the same reason, I don't have my AWD anymore and now a family member uses it... Funny thing is that people who get into accidents first are people with 4x4/AWD in their vehicles...!; they think they can drive normally in that condition because of the vehicle they have.

Last edited by Sango; 07-16-12 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-16-12, 09:26 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope it works out well in your favor with the 350....good luck
Old 07-16-12, 09:39 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

For 58k, I personally would dump it on a used ISF. But that's just me. :P
Old 07-16-12, 09:45 PM
bigfazolie
Rookie

Originally Posted by Snow
For 58k, I personally would dump it on a used ISF. But that's just me. :P
i'm guessing prices are hiked up over there because a 250 in the US wouldn't cost 58k loaded WITH F SPORT
Old 07-16-12, 09:51 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfazolie
i'm guessing prices are hiked up over there because a 250 in the US wouldn't cost 58k loaded WITH F SPORT
Right? I think it's in the ball park of around 42k-45k MSRP right?
Old 07-16-12, 09:56 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^ You guys are forgetting he purchased a BUNCH of f-sport accessories from the dealer+installation.
Old 07-16-12, 10:24 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by InspireME
^ You guys are forgetting he purchased a BUNCH of f-sport accessories from the dealer+installation.
Could of saved 3k if he bought it from Sewell and installed himself. 50k+ is waaaay too much for an out going model is250. Just saying. But good luck to OP.
Old 07-16-12, 11:41 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Just to confirm, trunk lids don't come painted when you order them, so it's either take it off another car if you really want a factory finish, or deal with a locally-painted part. It's a bad situation either way.

:\

Jeff
Old 07-17-12, 04:35 AM
TFD99
Rookie

Thanks for the support. Like Jeff said the parts don't come prepainted they are done locally and I have had bad experiences in the past with painted parts.ie. the clear coat started to flake after about two years and seeing as I kept my last car for 9 years my concern was how the paint was going to look after a few years up here in the great white north.I chose the AWD only for the added features it came with like the vented seats, sun shade etc., remembering I have another half to keep happy seeing as she is paying for it. Happy Wife, Happy Life! The is 250 AWD with the Luxury and Nav package up here in Canada sold for just over $48k and once you add our infamous 13% tax plus everything I spent through the dealer I up to $60k. I looked into Sewell but the shipping would have killed me and was happy to give the business to the dealership since it was such a great experience buying from them. It just didn't carry through to the installers. I will wait and see what happens. I really don't want to loose the pearl white colour for another colour. Who knows maybe they will offer me a discount on the f-sport rims.LOL
Old 07-17-12, 05:09 AM
DKnight350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sango
No not true. (notice my location).

I've driven in it with FWD and RWD. Don't need for AWD; for the same reason, I don't have my AWD anymore and now a family member uses it... Funny thing is that people who get into accidents first are people with 4x4/AWD in their vehicles...!; they think they can drive normally in that condition because of the vehicle they have.
Sango, I was stating the OP was in Canada and that is why he would want AWD. (notice his location).
Old 07-17-12, 09:31 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DKnight350
Sango, I was stating the OP was in Canada and that is why he would want AWD. (notice his location).
It's ok. The OP verified because it was his other half (his boss!!).

I am also in Canada too, which is why I was saying that AWD needed for Canada is not really an accurate statement.
---------------------

TFD99,

Did you have those last few words with your other half? J/k lol!!

Last edited by Sango; 07-17-12 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-17-12, 09:58 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Since most posters are in the US, and many are in CA where competition is keen on pricing, it is hard to understand what pricing is like outside of the USA. In places like Canada, Australia and Europe car prices are substantially higher due to taxes and other government restrictions. You need to keep the location of the poster in mind when prices are discussed.
Old 07-17-12, 10:08 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Just to confirm, trunk lids don't come painted when you order them, so it's either take it off another car if you really want a factory finish, or deal with a locally-painted part. It's a bad situation either way.

:\

Jeff
Not to mention it will no longer have the VIN# sticker. This is one of the first things I look for when I go with a friend or family member to look at a car. If i see that those stickers are missing it's already a red flag for me that said car might have been in a collision (Car fax is not 100% accurate). Which for him will affect his resale value if and when he decides to trade it in.
Old 07-17-12, 10:30 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Since most posters are in the US, and many are in CA where competition is keen on pricing, it is hard to understand what pricing is like outside of the USA. In places like Canada, Australia and Europe car prices are substantially higher due to taxes and other government restrictions. You need to keep the location of the poster in mind when prices are discussed.
Just to add on to top of that. Lexus of other countries is a different entity. In general the car's specifications, packages, is different in every country.

For instance, Canada has generally has more features (ie. front windshield deicer) in their cars in their packages by default as compared to the US version which does explain the price. Unfortunately Canada does not have the ability to special order extra features which US can has because the option packages has to be registered with the government of Canada in advance of the models distribution; Canada did used special order at one point.

Thread about the Canadian IS F-Sport 2012 which I created late last year.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...2012-pics.html

Last edited by Sango; 07-17-12 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Stupidity at the Dealership