ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   So for you...what's next? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/641804-so-for-you-whats-next.html)

TooFly4Ya 06-25-12 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by laobo979 (Post 7318300)
I'm with you lol I miss my M3 feel. 5yrs I owned it only went to the dealer for oil changes. I'm thinking 335is my next ride.

Don't do it man! :cry:

brociouz 06-25-12 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya (Post 7318293)
I want to stick with my initial thoughts when I read your post...
WHAT the *. E63 AMG Coupe is nasty sick, excellent choice. One of the guys I use to play with overseas just got one and he told me he ran it in 4.1 secs last week. Shoot, I believe it could likely do faster. Honestly your list is an Ideal list and you capture the best cars for the 90K-60K range, in my personal opinion. :thumbup:
Edit:
Minus the GT-R being at the bottom. One of my all-time favorite cars, think its one of the best cars made in history.

I fell in love with the E coupe styling the second I saw it and still can't get over it. I'm more partial to luxury than pure speed, so the GT-R is probably not going to make the short list, but it just has so much power! :D

I also have to weigh the fact that I only drive occasionally on the weekends (I take a train to work M-F) so really any car on that list is a huge waste of money. But at the same time, this stage of my life (20s, no kids, no wife, etc.) is the best time to enjoy a nice car. :)

nastyemu 06-25-12 12:21 PM

Probably back to a BMW 3 series for me... i do love my lexus but a bmw just feels more solid and better built. As someone else noted, it doesn't rattle.

Gville350 06-25-12 12:48 PM

335d? Gotta love the 425 ft lbs!

MikeyK02 06-25-12 01:59 PM

Im going to buy another beater car (my honda accord was flooded) So once my IS350 sells, I'm loooking for an older subaru impreza RS (that I'm gonna build a bit...parts are ridiculously cheap) and then I'm going to start looking for another NSX

smokyis350 06-25-12 02:10 PM

1) 2013 C63 coupe
2) 2013C63 sedan
3) 2013 e92 M3
4) 2013 F30 335i (~33 MPG highway) ;)
5) 2014 F30 M3

I don't think I will ever buy a Lexus in my life again. It isn't really that reliable like everyone portrays it as. The IS350 also got to be one of the most boring cars I have driven also. Furthermore, the aftermarket community is very slim compared to BMW, Mercedes, Audi. Only thing I love about Lexus compared to Mercedes, BMW, Audi is the customer service. Lexus has one of the best customer service IMO.

Originally Posted by brociouz (Post 7318385)
I fell in love with the E coupe styling the second I saw it and still can't get over it. I'm more partial to luxury than pure speed, so the GT-R is probably not going to make the short list, but it just has so much power! :D

I also have to weigh the fact that I only drive occasionally on the weekends (I take a train to work M-F) so really any car on that list is a huge waste of money. But at the same time, this stage of my life (20s, no kids, no wife, etc.) is the best time to enjoy a nice car. :)

I think driving occasionally is the best time to purchase a beast primarily because of the low MPG a V8 car gives. You will be stuck with low 10 MPG in city and mid to high 10 freeway. I can't imagine driving with that MPG on a daily basis.

busdepot 06-25-12 02:15 PM

I need to replace my winter car so I've been looking a picking up a second hand RX350. I just sold my SC400 so that one needs to be upgraded. Simple, well priced and reliable.

For a summer car, I'm planning to sell my Lexus next summer in anticipation of the new model being released and pick up the new M5. It's a monster even though it's a twin turbo V8 instead of the V10 from the E60. My second choice is the new 911 Carrera S. They're a functional sports car so that could be the ticket too. I'm on the fence, so I'll see how the first runs of these cars hold up. And make my decision on whichever is more reliable.

juvi22003 06-25-12 06:20 PM

Having this discussion yesterday with ma boy dangy yesterday but the worst part about it is that i re-painted the car. Test drove the IS-F on Sunday was very impressed. If things work out the way i would like this year then here are my options:
G37 sedan
M3
IS-F
S4
C63

Silver10 06-25-12 06:23 PM

13' 5 oh w/ tvs 2.3 Track pak/ recaros w/forged 20'' super snakes....... Oh yeah 28 mpg hwy 19 realworld

Samieee 06-25-12 06:57 PM

I just want to add a Lotus Exige to the garage :-)

Herofmine 06-25-12 07:39 PM

Most probably i will get new 535i or 550i year and half or so.

phillimt 06-25-12 08:41 PM

my next car will be no doubt that new vw suv that is a hybrid diesel. I hate suvs, but a hybrid DIESEL? i'm sold. supposed to get 100mpg +...

until something like that comes to the US, i'm with my IS! people here on CL seem to love getting a new car every week it seems, I don't understand... I think we have commitment issues guys lol. I keep my cars (well my family keeps our cars) 15+ years. my baby, my 1997 accord is sitting next to my is250 as we speak and I still use it on occasion!

suicidesam 06-25-12 09:26 PM

Kia Optima :D

CCJ22 06-25-12 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya (Post 7317855)
So I find my self thinking whats the next car my fellow ISx50 owners have their eyes on

I fawkin hate 4-doors. This coming from an IS250 owner. (had to get one since I moved to Florida and now friends/fam visit often)
HOWEVER I can't find a damn 2-door (nor a 4-door even) that can do/has the following:
-hacked rearview cam like I have so that the cam always stays on even when in drive
-wallet key (LS460 key reprogrammed to work on my IS)
-mirrors go down when I reverse
-rear AND front park assist
-auto leveling headlights
-heated AND cooled seats
-gauges that dance when the car turns on
-Steering wheel that adds drama when I turn car off and on (automatically greets my hands)
-touch screen nav display (not this mouse BS that all cars are going to, hate that)
-sunroof
-memory seats w/ contrast white stitching on black leather

Introduce me to a vehicle that has ALL of the above and I'll trade my car in. Believe me, I don't want to like my car. I've tried to get out of my car and even privately sold it then bought it back. :sad: I can't find one car that could replace everything that my IS does/has.
I really love the way G37 coupes and CTS-V's look. But they're missing stuff on my above list.
Sucks cause I want more power but won't sacrifice Convenience to get the power I want. Not when I never go to the track and only drive on public roads. Doesn't make sense. So the only car I'll get next is a IS-F :sad:

Wunko 06-25-12 11:28 PM

I got my 2011 IS350 last year so I'll be sticking with it for awhile. Hope to get another Lexus in the future like the a ftuture IS. I would be interested in Toyota if they brought back the Supra though!