IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cursed IS250!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-12, 10:27 PM
impruv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cursed IS250!

I've had my 2011 Lexus I250 for 1.5 years and seriously this is such an unlucky car. I'm beginning to think it is cursed =(

Here is the list of things that has happened:
  1. Backing out of driveway, slipped on ice in winter and hit a car parked on the side of the road. New back bumper.
  2. Hit and run causing decent sized dent on my passenger rear side (opposite of the gas door)
  3. My did not used to a lower car compared to his SUV, scratched the front bumper a bit while parking.
  4. EDIT: Someone slashed my tires in my apartment parking lot
  5. I find there are 3 tiny dents on my ROOF... what in the world could have caused this.
  6. Dad backs into my front bumper, paint stripped on a 2" scratch

Thankfully this is a lease, I'm going to get rid of it! Was planning to buy it out after since I enjoyed the ride...
2.5 years left on the lease....

I was just about to vinyl wrap the roof but now there are dents

Sorry for the rant guys...

Last edited by impruv; 08-18-12 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-23-12, 10:37 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

lol don't feel too bad, it happens to the best of us . The first year I owned my car I've got a lot of bad luck with it too but not as much recently *knock on wood* so hopefully things will get better for you
Old 06-23-12, 11:40 PM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Always hate parked car crash/scratch. They happen when you don't know. Sucks!!
Old 06-24-12, 12:14 AM
bboysunone
Driver

Don't worry not just u have luck. I got speeding for 86mph, got hit n run n big dent by rear quater panal , popped one tire all within 6 months I still keep my car
Old 06-24-12, 06:35 AM
Samieee
Pole Position

I think there are a few threads mentioning mysterious dents on the roof
Old 06-24-12, 06:43 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Poor car, it's probably thinking it has got a cursed owner.
Old 06-24-12, 08:56 AM
Evaunit1
Driver School Candidate

You think thats bad? My brother's GS400 is cursed like no other. Here are some examples:

1. After buying the car he payed it off then started modding it.
2. Two DAYS after buying the rims, he comes out to his car on blocks. Insurance covered it.
3. 3 months later while at a friends house his car was vandalized. His whole car needed to be repainted, tires replaced, and headlights and tail lights needed to be replaced.
4. The MORNING he gets this car back from that ^^^ he goes to pick up a friend, and while sitting in the parking lot waiting for his friend, a drunk driver backs up into his passenger side door. In the shop for another 3 days. (The car was out less than 2 hour. At this point, we've come to the conclusion the car is cursed.)
5. While driving home from getting his car back from the body shop, pot hole. Cracked rim.
6. He goes to buy a new rim but they no longer make his rims. So, now he has to have it repaired. The guy tells him 'Ok, the repair is no problem but you can't rim this again in this small area because it's weak, and if you do I can't repair it again' Says ok, np. He'll be more careful.
7. Flash forward about a year. He keeps the car in storage and drives it on the weekends cause he uses his civic to commute.
8. While out for a joy ride Saturday night guess what? Pot hole. Too dark to see it to make a safe maneuver around it. Not only did the pot hole hit the same rim, but it hit the small 4'' area the guy said 'Dont rim this part' going 80 mph.
9. Flash forward 2 years. (Car is in storage) This past weekend, he gets new rims. He's walking to his car and says.. 'Hm...that don't look right...the tires look....small..' The place gave him a 20x8 size rim. He wanted a 20x9.5. He looks at me with a and says 'IT'S DA CURSE!!! DA CURSE!!!''

At that point, you cant help but laugh right?
Old 06-24-12, 10:43 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Roof dent thread :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...of-thread.html
Old 06-24-12, 11:28 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

if it makes u feel any better my rims got stolen last month lol
Old 06-24-12, 01:05 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I feel you, it happen to me two weeks on same days on the roll (Wednesday's) first Wednesday I rip my front gfx lip off the bumper and second Wednesday I hit the pothole and bend one of my front Volk wheel's cry out loud
Old 06-24-12, 02:12 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I would sell it before something more serious happens. Something would happen to my friend every year. Eventually, his car got totaled and nearly lost his life by a drunk driver.
Old 06-24-12, 09:58 PM
impruv
Driver School Candidate

Side dent estimate is $300, I wonder how much the roof dents will cost me =/ They are like 3 dents that seem like golf ***** dropped or something... Not very deep by the size fits.
Old 06-24-12, 10:21 PM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evaunit1
You think thats bad? My brother's GS400 is cursed like no other. Here are some examples:

2. Two DAYS after buying the rims, he comes out to his car on blocks. Insurance covered it.
3. 3 months later while at a friends house his car was vandalized. His whole car needed to be repainted, tires replaced, and headlights and tail lights needed to be replaced.
4. The MORNING he gets this car back from that ^^^ he goes to pick up a friend, and while sitting in the parking lot waiting for his friend, a drunk driver backs up into his passenger side door. In the shop for another 3 days. (The car was out less than 2 hour. At this point, we've come to the conclusion the car is cursed.)
5. While driving home from getting his car back from the body shop, pot hole. Cracked rim.
6. He goes to buy a new rim but they no longer make his rims. So, now he has to have it repaired. The guy tells him 'Ok, the repair is no problem but you can't rim this again in this small area because it's weak, and if you do I can't repair it again' Says ok, np. He'll be more careful.
7. Flash forward about a year. He keeps the car in storage and drives it on the weekends cause he uses his civic to commute.
8. While out for a joy ride Saturday night guess what? Pot hole. Too dark to see it to make a safe maneuver around it. Not only did the pot hole hit the same rim, but it hit the small 4'' area the guy said 'Dont rim this part' going 80 mph.
9. Flash forward 2 years. (Car is in storage) This past weekend, he gets new rims. He's walking to his car and says.. 'Hm...that don't look right...the tires look....small..' The place gave him a 20x8 size rim. He wanted a 20x9.5. He looks at me with a and says 'IT'S DA CURSE!!! DA CURSE!!!''

God damn!!! LOL! I've had a few strings of bad luck with my car too...
Old 08-18-12, 12:22 PM
impruv
Driver School Candidate

So it continues! Dad backs up into my car with his on the driveway..

2" scratch a little bit below the right headlight, paint stripped but no dent.

When will it end

On another note, how should I fix this?
Old 08-18-12, 12:31 PM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evaunit1

Damn!!

Quick Reply: Cursed IS250!