IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2008 Lexus IS 350- Need some Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-12, 06:45 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

they must had saw you as a young kid and felt the need to milk that $$ otta you :I
Old 06-20-12, 07:20 AM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!!

WOW!! Im a little overwhelmed at all the great responses! I cannot begin to thank you all enough. Im a previous BMW owner, and that was one of the major reasons I left them and went to Lexus, because I felt as if I was getting ripped off. Like I said im new to this forum so im unsure on how to reply to some of the individual questions. Im selling the car because I commute around 170 miles daily, therefore if I keep a car to long I rack up way to many miles. I have been very fortunate in the past in buying cars at a good price and getting the majority of my money back out of them after putting around 50k on them. I LOVE this car, and probably wont ever buy another car brand again. Its loaded with everything but Navigation, its Matador Red with black leather, dark cherry wood, heated/vent seats, sport package, spyder upgrade rims, spoiler, and the dynamic front lighting system. Im asking 21,900.00 I hate to see it go but I think its time. I agree with all of the posts about letting them do it!! I have an appt next Monday to sit down with the service adviser, I think I might have a few choice words. I guess they see me being very young and in a relatively expensive car and they think they can "milk" that money out of me! Seems quite a few people believe that. WRONG! Not with a forum like this!! Thanks for all the help and advise!!
Old 06-20-12, 08:00 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SNORTH350
WOW!! Im a little overwhelmed at all the great responses! I cannot begin to thank you all enough. Im a previous BMW owner, and that was one of the major reasons I left them and went to Lexus, because I felt as if I was getting ripped off. Like I said im new to this forum so im unsure on how to reply to some of the individual questions. Im selling the car because I commute around 170 miles daily, therefore if I keep a car to long I rack up way to many miles. I have been very fortunate in the past in buying cars at a good price and getting the majority of my money back out of them after putting around 50k on them. I LOVE this car, and probably wont ever buy another car brand again. Its loaded with everything but Navigation, its Matador Red with black leather, dark cherry wood, heated/vent seats, sport package, spyder upgrade rims, spoiler, and the dynamic front lighting system. Im asking 21,900.00 I hate to see it go but I think its time. I agree with all of the posts about letting them do it!! I have an appt next Monday to sit down with the service adviser, I think I might have a few choice words. I guess they see me being very young and in a relatively expensive car and they think they can "milk" that money out of me! Seems quite a few people believe that. WRONG! Not with a forum like this!! Thanks for all the help and advise!!
FYI- it's impossible for your car to have the sport package if it has woodgrain. Those are mutually exclusive options. It's likely that without nav your car actually has very few options on it, as finding a car with anything more than premium (which is just the seats and woodgrain) without nav is very rare.

Check the Buyers thread from the FAQ, it contains my easy spotters guide so you can figure out what options your car actually has- best if you accurately describe it when you post it for sale.
Old 06-20-12, 02:19 PM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

The original window sticker says perferred sport equipment package... Hell I dont know lol The MSRP was 41.8k. I just need to sell it!
Old 06-20-12, 07:51 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SNORTH350
The original window sticker says perferred sport equipment package... Hell I dont know lol The MSRP was 41.8k. I just need to sell it!
Post a scan of it.

There's no such thing as a "preferred sport equipment package" from the factory

There is a Preferred Accessory Package (no sport)- which is just Cargo Net, Trunk Mat, Wheel Locks

Knowing what the car actually has will be of considerable benefit when selling it.... especially if you don't want to post a misleading ad.

But basically if you have woodgrain you can not have the sport package (unless someone swapped the entire interior trim set from another car after it was purchased I suppose)

Simple way to see is-Do you have memory seats? If not you've just got the premium package. If you do have them, plus woodgrain, then it's the luxury package. Sport package would be memory seats WITHOUT woodgrain.
Old 06-21-12, 07:14 AM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Gotcha, well I dont have memory seats so I guess maybe I dont. Im new to Lexus so Im still getting to know some things. lol
Old 06-21-12, 12:16 PM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

And this is why Kurtz has become one of my favorite CL forum posters...Keep the knowledge rolling Kurtz. Well done!