IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got 2 tickets for my tints :[

Old 06-07-12, 12:56 PM
adrr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sango
Note quite true.

There is always Llumar Air Blue 80. Tint which people would not notice. I have it on my front windshield and no one knows at a glance it's there unless I tell them. To the eye, a 20% or less light difference is indistinguishable without comparing it to the stock without the tint beside it or one is really trying to to look for it.

Below are two of my front windshield of Air Blue 80. First one with flash, the other, without. I am happy that I have it since I can reduce the glare + heat rejection properties since its ceramic based.
There's also 3M Crystalline film. They make a version an 90% tint with 90% Infrared rejection. Its very pricey though.
Old 06-07-12, 12:59 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adrr
There's also 3M Crystalline film. They make a version an 90% tint with 90% Infrared rejection. Its very pricey though.
Yes, 3M Crystalline 90 is a good choice as well. I've only read about in the threads mentioned in CL. I don't believe the thread had a picture of it but it should be good alternative as well.
Old 06-07-12, 01:17 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adrr
Yes, 3M Crystalline 90 is a good choice as well. I've only read about in the threads mentioned in CL. I don't believe the thread had a picture of it but it should be good alternative as well.
Interesting, Ill keep an eye out for these. Im thinking about getting my car retinted on saturday so Ill be sure to keep you guys updated
Old 06-07-12, 01:47 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
I suggest you pay your valid fine and replace your tint with the legal variety.

Not sure what else you'd expect someone to suggest other than fleeing the state.
LOL! It's 50% in Ohio for the front as dark as u want in the rear. I had 20 all around and got cited twice. You can't fight the long **** of the law man
Old 06-07-12, 01:55 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

that sucks.. .i would keep it... sometimes they just do stuff to meet a quota, not saying that is for everyone but just my two cents...
Old 06-07-12, 06:35 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you really find out if this tint violation was a fix or not?
In CA we get those tickets but we could just remove it and take car for Highway Patrol inspection and send the ticket with a $15 check and done. If a person does not want to remove tint, the full amount $xxx is due.
Old 06-07-12, 06:45 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kingster
In CA we get those tickets but we could just remove it and take car for Highway Patrol inspection and send the ticket with a $15 check and done. If a person does not want to remove tint, the full amount $xxx is due.
Its a "non moving violation"
Old 06-07-12, 08:01 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bob4256
Its a "non moving violation"
So, in other words !In your state there is no such thing as fix tickets!
example if applicable
1. no front plate
2. too low
3. tint
4. wide tires
5. not enough thread on tires
6. broken windshield
7. loud music
8. loud exhaust
9. bright headlights
10. mod engine
11. car too clean
12. the list goes on and on
I am glad I'm in CA then
Old 06-07-12, 08:24 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

In NC when you get your car inspected,, they METER the tint with a special tool. You actually get charged a little more IF you have tint because of the test. If its not within about 2-3% of the legal limit, you don't pass the inspection and cannot get your updated tag sticker until you pass. NOW, can you find inspection stations that don't meter the windows...yes.
Old 06-07-12, 08:40 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Note quite true.

There is always Llumar Air Blue 80. Tint which people would not notice. I have it on my front windshield and no one knows at a glance it's there unless I tell them. To the eye, a 20% or less light difference is indistinguishable without comparing it to the stock without the tint beside it or one is really trying to to look for it.

http://truestreetcars.com/forums/lom...-cant-see.html

http://www.aptinting.com/gallery/mai...g2_itemId=1327

Below are two of my front windshield of Air Blue 80. First one with flash, the other, without. I am happy that I have it since I can reduce the glare + heat rejection properties since its ceramic based.

wow I never know that you tint the front windshield too? but what you have on is blind into the color of your car and it not too dark, but the side and the back when it come to dark tint the cops would get you soon or later I all way play in the safe side, I like my car to tint too, but it not worth it for $105 ticket here in Ohio
Old 06-07-12, 08:44 PM
TheRusski
Rookie

Originally Posted by kingster
Whats the average full amount if you dont want to remove it?
Old 06-07-12, 08:50 PM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

Hire traffic attorney, 60.00 for me in Texas they always dismiss tickets for me. Oh and here rear window and back doors can be as dark. As we want fronts have to be 35% pfffft fkdat. I roll 20% windows and 5% rear.

Its hot in tx.
Old 06-08-12, 07:25 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rikg35
Hire traffic attorney, 60.00 for me in Texas they always dismiss tickets for me. Oh and here rear window and back doors can be as dark. As we want fronts have to be 35% pfffft fkdat. I roll 20% windows and 5% rear.

Its hot in tx.
I cant hire a traffic attorney because it was a non moving violation, not a ticket. My buddy got the same thing and he called but thats what they told him
Old 06-08-12, 07:27 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

So I just got an appointment to get my tints stripped and redone with 15% Llumar ceramic tint all around. Including Llumar air blue 80 on my front windshield for $250 with a lifetime warranty. Getting it done next saturday
Old 06-09-12, 10:27 PM
broknglass
Driver School Candidate

So it sounds like tint "acceptability" varies by state quite a bit.
Any idea where window decals and adverts play in? I've never even thought about it but its essentially the same as a dark tint if it covers the whole of the glass...
Any weigh-ins?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got 2 tickets for my tints :[