IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How many of you have families?

Old 05-07-12, 09:56 PM
Yosbd117
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you have families?

There are a ton of nice cars on here. How many of you are married? Have kids? I just don't know how you all find the time for the modding, cleaning, etc. I am married and have a newborn and I have a hard enough time to get out and wash my car, let alone mod it.

I was just curious if you are all single or how you find the time if you have families. I need some pointers!

Thanks!
Old 05-07-12, 10:08 PM
rpk2012
Pole Position

Family here, 1 kiddo. Its hard to do the chores, work, make time for kid and wife, as well as family and friends. How I fit time for the car is a mystery. Just takes time to get it all down, no instant remedy. I still learn every day.

As far as modding, that all comes down to what you make. If your banking, send it to a shop to get whatever done, if your not so much, teach your children to help you! hah
Old 05-07-12, 10:59 PM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

family here to, my sons only a month old.. so we'll see if i get any time to do any modding lol
Old 05-07-12, 11:04 PM
gerill2p
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Family guy, i have a 7 year old and a 9month that me n my girlfriend didnt know about... Its hard financially Bt my girlfriend is trained Hahahaha no shes supportive as long as i dnt forget bout her n my kids...
Old 05-08-12, 05:39 AM
ydnandy
Pole Position

Family guy here.... daughter who is 2.5 and son who is 4 months. Yeah, its tough to find spare cash for mods... love the DIY threads and member classifieds. First mod was addition of two car seats in the back, haha
Old 05-08-12, 06:06 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

married no kids, my wife gets more mods to her closet then I do to my car but thats ok with me (as long as I get no questions)
Old 05-08-12, 06:28 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Count me in. I have 2 boys. First one is almost 2years. second one is about 6 months. You will have some time free to mod your car later when you got use to it (help your wife to take care baby)
Old 05-08-12, 06:41 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Bachelor.... But I don't mod my car lol so I got tons of time nah talking to a few chicks takes more time than one wife
Old 05-08-12, 07:01 AM
rcracer
Pole Position

I got three kids, all moding is done at night when everyone's sleeping.
Old 05-08-12, 07:03 AM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by Yosbd117
There are a ton of nice cars on here. How many of you are married? Have kids? I just don't know how you all find the time for the modding, cleaning, etc. I am married and have a newborn and I have a hard enough time to get out and wash my car, let alone mod it.

I was just curious if you are all single or how you find the time if you have families. I need some pointers!

Thanks!
Married, 2 kids(4 and 2 yrs. Old), and a dog. You just try to find time for modding. It is hard especially when you have a lot of responsibilities on your plate. I try to squeeze in usually on weekends for modding and especially cleaning. Spend lots of family time during the weekdays.
Depends on you how you want to manage your time. I usually do my modding/cleaning on Saturday in case I need to go to a shop they are usually open on Sat. Sun. would just be a back up day in case I don’t get to finish what I’m doing.
I try not to do any car stuff on Sun. as I want to spend that day with the fam.
Good luck man!
Old 05-08-12, 08:13 AM
Yosbd117
Driver School Candidate

Glad to hear a lot of you are in the same position as me. Just had a baby, he is almost 4 weeks old and it's been a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I want to spend as much time as I can helping mom out and seeing him grow up, so it's really hard to balance out the chores, motorcycle, car, etc. I know it will get easier in the future, I guess I have too many hobbies as my car isn't the only one.

How do you guys fit car seats in these cars? I have one on the passenger side in the back and it causes the front seat to be push so far forward that my wife's knees are in the dash and her head is hitting the roof. We now take her BMW 325i because it gives her more leg room up front, which we both thought was a bit surprising. I believe the IS is a bigger overall car compared to the the 325, but the interior of the 325 must be bigger. I guess this way I get to save miles on my IS...
Old 05-08-12, 08:33 AM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

Glad to hear a lot of you are in the same position as me. Just had a baby, he is almost 4 weeks old and it's been a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I want to spend as much time as I can helping mom out and seeing him grow up, so it's really hard to balance out the chores, motorcycle, car, etc. I know it will get easier in the future, I guess I have too many hobbies as my car isn't the only one.

How do you guys fit car seats in these cars? I have one on the passenger side in the back and it causes the front seat to be push so far forward that my wife's knees are in the dash and her head is hitting the roof. We now take her BMW 325i because it gives her more leg room up front, which we both thought was a bit surprising. I believe the IS is a bigger overall car compared to the the 325, but the interior of the 325 must be bigger. I guess this way I get to save miles on my IS...
Ya i thought about that to.. i havn't put my baby seat in my IS yet.. i've just been taking my parent's X5 since they dont go anywhere..

Guess i gotta test it out soon.
Old 05-08-12, 08:44 AM
ydnandy
Pole Position

Its tight back there with car seats... We have our rear facing infant on the passenger side and it does push the front seat pretty far forward. For safety reasons, keep them rear facing as long as possible.... Also, once you turn them around, you'll have them kicking the back of your seat... drives me nuts when my little girl does it, haha

Wife and family always laugh at me doing mods... they are like, "good luck cruising for chicks with those car seats" haha

I have actually removed all the rear headrests to help the car seats fit better and provide more visibility for me, but this is basically how i roll.... infant seat snaps into the base on the passenger side.

Old 05-08-12, 08:52 AM
slownlow07
Driver

Single but have a gf. I've put myself in that position and man I don't know if my car would ever be modded if I don't do it now. Big ups to you guys who are able to!
Old 05-08-12, 09:25 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

No wife or kids for me, but i recently had a thief buy shoes with my credit card haha

Even my lifestyle, i feel like i have no time for things...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many of you have families?