Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sure get 350 I am with you guys
Old 05-05-12, 04:47 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by boss22

Besides I put my point of view here to warn the guy above what IS 250's really are in my opinion, you don't have to agree wit my opinion right? But I drove many many cars (I owned a couple of bimmers)
I'm not sure why the fact you drove overpriced, unreliable, cars that prior to the 335 were considerably slower and use even more gas than the IS350 helps your argument.

and I know that IS 350 has nothing special apart from good 0-60 time (I drove one) and uses too much gas so why buy the fast car if I couldn't (or scare) drive fast??? for the race track only??? Yeah right, you are really cool LOL!!

What I am trying to say is that this model is still to small to handle good on curves
Really?

Because an F-sport model, even a 250, actually slaloms and stops faster than a BMW 335i , and beats it on a skidpad too.

http://www.insideline.com/lexus/is-2...w-up-test.html

71 mph through our slalom, circles our skid pad at 0.89g of lateral grip and stops from 60 mph in just 109 feet
Same folks with a 335i sedan?
http://www.insideline.com/bmw/3-seri...35i-sedan.html

60-0 mph (ft.) 111
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph) 69.9
Skid pad, 200-ft. diameter (lateral g) 0.88

And mind you, the 335i is like 7 grand more than an IS350.... with an 80s fabulous interior too... only place it's a better car is the ability to mod for power- but with that extra 7k you might as well have looked to an IS-F.

In my opinion IS's are kinda chicks cars and I would never buy it again, and I bought mine by the accident
I hope you're staying sober now and only buying your cars intentionally

Last edited by Kurtz; 05-05-12 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-05-12, 05:48 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

But I drove many many cars (I owned a couple of bimmers)
I just wanted to make sure this gem got a little more attention. This is exemplary of why BMW ownership has developed into such a negative stereotype - people who think mere ownership of one somehow places them above the rest.

Please realize that anyone who's on this forum owns an IS250 or IS350 - that necessarily means that at some point in the buying process they could have chosen to buy a BMW, be it new or used. For myriad reasons, many of which Kurtz has referenced above, each of them intentionally chose the IS over a BMW.

You owned some "bimmers"? Every person on this forum could have chosen to own a "bimmer" instead of an IS. But they chose the IS for any number of solid reasons (interior design, acceleration, gas mileage, price, reliability, lower maintenance cost...)

I'm not saying BMW is bad, or that no one should buy one. There are definitely valid reasons why one might choose a BMW over an IS. But merely having the name "BMW" on your car isn't a valid one, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by calvin2376; 05-05-12 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-05-12, 07:10 PM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by Kurtz
I'm not sure why the fact you drove overpriced, unreliable, cars that prior to the 335 were considerably slower and use even more gas than the IS350 helps your argument
Whatever bro. I gonna buy latest 335i shape anyway soon. Then I'll let you know about reliability alright?
Old 05-05-12, 08:10 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

boss22

As far as OP's question, just do your research, test drive 350 and 250 and see. If you end up getting the car I think you won't regret it. 350 is loads of fun. I love it every day
Old 05-05-12, 08:25 PM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by p0lo8
boss22

As far as OP's question, just do your research, test drive 350 and 250 and see. If you end up getting the car I think you won't regret it. 350 is loads of fun. I love it every day
I quess you are saying that your Lexus which is basically Toyota has a better suspension, better handling, better weight distribution, and you feel road on the steering wheel better than 335i?? dude you are funny...

Own one first then we talk...
Old 05-05-12, 08:31 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

I quess you are saying that your Lexus which is basically a Toyota has a better suspension, better handling, better weight distribution, and you feel road on the steering wheel better than 335i?? dude you are funny...

Own one first then we talk...
I am not saying 350 is better than 335i. They both are great cars with their own pros and cons.

was addressed to most of your arguments which doesn't make sense.
Old 05-05-12, 11:42 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Boss..go get urself another bimmer..trade ur IS250 to it..
Old 05-06-12, 12:34 AM
Mikaveli
Rookie

jesus someone rode the short bus to the forums to rant about their crappy choice in used cars...i'm with calvin, anyone on here could afford a bmw...we all have unique tastes and this is a community that is supposed to be based on sharing a love for an amazing car...take your hate mail elsewhere man lol
Old 05-06-12, 08:08 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I quess you are saying that your Lexus which is basically Toyota has a better suspension, better handling, better weight distribution, and you feel road on the steering wheel better than 335i?? dude you are funny...
Not only am I saying that, I posted the specific slalom and skidpad numbers to prove it. Here it is again since you missed it-

Because an F-sport model, even a 250, actually slaloms and stops faster than a BMW 335i , and beats it on a skidpad too.

http://www.insideline.com/lexus/is-2...w-up-test.html

71 mph through our slalom, circles our skid pad at 0.89g of lateral grip and stops from 60 mph in just 109 feet
Same folks with a 335i sedan?
http://www.insideline.com/bmw/3-seri...35i-sedan.html

60-0 mph (ft.) 111
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph) 69.9
Skid pad, 200-ft. diameter (lateral g) 0.88
Plus it costs about $7000 more than a comparably equipped IS350 while only being 0.1 seconds quicker 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. For what an IS350 costs you can't even buy a comparably equipped 328i, which is embarrassingly slower than the Lexus. This ignores the spartan BMW interior and crap reliability of course (I have stats on that too if you'd like more facts to ignore)

Are you allergic to facts or something?

(actually- to be fair, you've "got me" on weight distribution... the 335i is 51/49... the IS350 is 52/48...so a whole 1% difference)

As an FYI, there's also no RWD toyota cars... so while Lexus is owned by Toyota, the IS certainly isn't a toyota...nor does it share any sort of platform with one... again the whole "facts" thing you might wanna look into.
Old 05-06-12, 08:17 AM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done Kurtz
Old 05-06-12, 10:35 PM
thechosun
Driver

to give an owners opinion of an 2007 IS250 Its a great car.

I own a 2007 Tungsten Pearl IS250 6MT RWD. Ride is smooth and stock suspension is great for a daily driver. Don't feel much in terms of bumps (on OEM 17's with Hankook Ventus V12's) and little to no steering wheel vibration to speak of. I think the clutch will need to be replaced next year when I hit 100k but that is expected and within reason. If you are running on 18's yes you will feel more of the road. If you are on F Sport suspension yes you will have a harder ride. For me i prefer the softer lexus ride comfort over the BMW 3 series as well as the lighter steering. If nobody has told you, the IS can pull a U turn anywhere and its amazeballs. Turning radius is so sharp and in Los Angeles where i live now its a killer perk.

I have owned this car in both harsh winter climates (Minnesota) and now in sunny California. I have had all the warranty service performed and have not once had any reason to take it to the dealership for any problem, period. The dash squeaking/noises were resolved by the dealer when i stopped in for different brake pads and have not problems since.

I am approaching 90k miles, my MPG is still similar to when i first purchased around 31mpg highway and 23 city. Engine runs strong, no issues with start up and the interior is only now showing signs of some wear and tear in the corners of the seats. I have been a very satisfied owner for 5 years and cant think of trading for another luxury vehicle at this time. Compared to the MB and BMW interiors, the Lexus just has better materials. I have spent time in both the new C Class as well as E90 and hate hate hate the cheaper leather hard seats and thin tinny sounding plastic trims.

In my opinion its a great car to purchase if you want a reliable and comfortable good looking daily driver. The engine does leave a bit for wanting but who needs to speed if you are going to work and taking the gf to the movies anyways? If you are looking to track seriously or need something that produces more adrenaline, get a different car. The only reason I would sell this baby is to upgrade to an IS-f.

If you are under 6ft (I am 5ft 9) I think you will enjoy the interior cabins layout. If you are over 6ft you will need to sit and really sink into the cabin to decide if you fit. The first time i sat in the IS250 I felt cramped but after a few weeks I actually preferred the more snug interior.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-06-12, 11:10 PM
rpk2012
Pole Position

Originally Posted by thechosun
to give an owners opinion of an 2007 IS250 Its a great car.

I own a 2007 Tungsten Pearl IS250 6MT RWD. Ride is smooth and stock suspension is great for a daily driver. Don't feel much in terms of bumps (on OEM 17's with Hankook Ventus V12's) and little to no steering wheel vibration to speak of. I think the clutch will need to be replaced next year when I hit 100k but that is expected and within reason. If you are running on 18's yes you will feel more of the road. If you are on F Sport suspension yes you will have a harder ride. For me i prefer the softer lexus ride comfort over the BMW 3 series as well as the lighter steering. If nobody has told you, the IS can pull a U turn anywhere and its amazeballs. Turning radius is so sharp and in Los Angeles where i live now its a killer perk.

I have owned this car in both harsh winter climates (Minnesota) and now in sunny California. I have had all the warranty service performed and have not once had any reason to take it to the dealership for any problem, period. The dash squeaking/noises were resolved by the dealer when i stopped in for different brake pads and have not problems since.

I am approaching 90k miles, my MPG is still similar to when i first purchased around 31mpg highway and 23 city. Engine runs strong, no issues with start up and the interior is only now showing signs of some wear and tear in the corners of the seats. I have been a very satisfied owner for 5 years and cant think of trading for another luxury vehicle at this time. Compared to the MB and BMW interiors, the Lexus just has better materials. I have spent time in both the new C Class as well as E90 and hate hate hate the cheaper leather hard seats and thin tinny sounding plastic trims.

In my opinion its a great car to purchase if you want a reliable and comfortable good looking daily driver. The engine does leave a bit for wanting but who needs to speed if you are going to work and taking the gf to the movies anyways? If you are looking to track seriously or need something that produces more adrenaline, get a different car. The only reason I would sell this baby is to upgrade to an IS-f.

If you are under 6ft (I am 5ft 9) I think you will enjoy the interior cabins layout. If you are over 6ft you will need to sit and really sink into the cabin to decide if you fit. The first time i sat in the IS250 I felt cramped but after a few weeks I actually preferred the more snug interior.

Hope that helps.
Great information for a new buyer. I just purchased an '06 IS250 AWD and I LOVE IT. I would have purchased a 350, but I needed something I don't wish to modify as I already have a go fast toy in the works. I have 101k on my car and an extended warranty with NO complaints so far other than I should of got factory nav. (and now I want an IS-F) hah

I will have to disagree with the height comment though. I am 6'3" and I have plenty of head room. I am also upgrading from a lean back to drive sc400 though so this is wonderful.

To the OP, just read up, check carfax and ect and take your time. You will find the IS for you in time.

~Ryan

Last edited by rpk2012; 05-06-12 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-07-12, 05:38 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Same here, i am 6'3" and fit comfortably inside