IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fake Project Kics... BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-12, 07:27 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by andcas7
I stopped using eBay about a year ago, when I was selling things, as a seller it sucks, because you can do everything right, but PayPal/eBay only protect the buyers. In my case I had a buyer who purchased an item from me, then refused the delivery (tracked by USPS), I contacted the buyer about that, he said he didn't refuse it, so I asked USPS to attempt delivery again (Not easy, but didn't want to waste the shipping costs), and he refused the package again, then opened a claim for non-delivery. I showed PayPal what I had, and showed the buyer had refused delivery, not that it was not delivered, but since it did not say "delivered" I was at a loss.

So you can do everything right, sell the real item, send it fast spending your money on shipping, then get screwed by some idiot that changed his/her mind and lose what you paid for shipping. I was able to get PayPal to refund what I paid for shipping, but have not used them ever since. Not to buy, not to sell, I refuse to give them more of my money for a crappy service.

If I were you I would post the name of the seller regardless of the outcome, otherwise others will get screwed and may never find out, it will happen anyway, but at least more people are aware.

This reminds me of the issue I had with paypal back when I was shopping for my B18C for my Integra.

I found an engine that I wanted in California and the seller said he would take paypal, or wire transfer. I wanted to go the paypal route but they refused to use my linked bank account and insisted the only way I could do this transaction was if I applied and used their own Credit Card. I was upset with that BS that ever since then I only use paypal for small ticket items.

I ended up sending the seller a wire transfer luckily for me he was legit and sent me all the documentation on the engine and business information before I wired the money. If he was not legit I could have been out a large sum thanks to their stupid system.
Old 05-02-12, 07:31 AM
Crispy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

My strongly worded email seems to have worked! The seller refunded me in full yesterday, I did not have to go through PayPal/eBay. The seller never contacted me directly, simply just sent the refund. The seller also did not request return shipping, so I think it's pretty clear they knew they were selling knock-offs. So....

seller was topbiz8388

Thanks again everyone for the support/advice, gotta love the CL community.
Old 05-02-12, 07:35 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If pay pal refunded your shipping money andcas7 how is that crappy service? Sounds good to me.

OP good luck in your situation.
Old 05-02-12, 07:51 AM
andcas7
Driver

Originally Posted by iRock
If pay pal refunded your shipping money andcas7 how is that crappy service? Sounds good to me.

OP good luck in your situation.
It wasn't easy, PayPal won't cover your loss, as they said, it is a black or white thing, not gray in between, I just had to argue enough to get my shipping costs, which were only about $17, but still, if it were to happen again they would not keep on giving me their money, so it's not worth the time and frustration.
Old 05-02-12, 07:51 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Crispy
Update:

My strongly worded email seems to have worked! The seller refunded me in full yesterday, I did not have to go through PayPal/eBay. The seller never contacted me directly, simply just sent the refund. The seller also did not request return shipping, so I think it's pretty clear they knew they were selling knock-offs. So....

seller was topbiz8388

I would report the user to ebay for selling fake items as legit.
Old 05-02-12, 10:41 PM
Traxxer
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately this happens pretty frequently on ebay. I usually complain directly to the seller at which point they ask me to ship it back. When I ask for a return label they usually just let me keep the counterfeit item and refund me my money lol. Luckily they did the same for you. I know a few people that simply got burned...
Old 05-02-12, 10:48 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

I've usually had great luck with eBay, but one time a seller took my money, but would never ship my product. On top of that, they would never answer my email. So.... I created a script to send that seller 250 emails asking for my refund, pause for 10 minutes, then send 250 more.... and so on, and so on. They finally responded within an hour telling me they issued my refund and asking me to please stop sending so many emails!! LOL It was a great feeling!
Old 05-02-12, 11:04 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

glad there is a happy ending to this story!
Old 05-02-12, 11:17 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Crispy
Update:

seller was topbiz8388

Yeah without a message and just a refund, it's basically saying "here you go, please keep quiet" lol

Unfortunately for the seller, if you Google his eBay user ID, this thread is the first link now
Old 05-03-12, 12:53 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great to hear you got your $ back!

Originally Posted by Dustin2011
I've usually had great luck with eBay, but one time a seller took my money, but would never ship my product. On top of that, they would never answer my email. So.... I created a script to send that seller 250 emails asking for my refund, pause for 10 minutes, then send 250 more.... and so on, and so on. They finally responded within an hour telling me they issued my refund and asking me to please stop sending so many emails!! LOL It was a great feeling!
Nice! LOL
Old 05-03-12, 11:22 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

You purchased from a member with only 5 feedbacks? Bad form.