IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is it possible to play my iPhone music through BT on my 2007 IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-12, 01:09 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to play my iPhone music through BT on my 2007 IS250?

If so its not obvious because I could t get it to work
Old 04-28-12, 01:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

No. only 2010+ Gen 6 nav with Bluetooth Audio can
Old 04-30-12, 12:11 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What Hoovey2411 said, but this workaround solution may be of interest to you: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sing-a2dp.html
Old 04-30-12, 12:22 PM
silk509
Rookie

Yes it's possible to but only if you have a by adaptor via blackberry gateway , Kingston an any other thing like those to do it, the adaptor is hook up via aux input and powered by your cigarette adaptor ,
Old 12-19-12, 01:30 AM
NancyJade
Driver

Originally Posted by silk509
Yes it's possible to but only if you have a by adaptor via blackberry gateway , Kingston an any other thing like those to do it, the adaptor is hook up via aux input and powered by your cigarette adaptor ,
Do you by any chance know which models/products? Thank you!
Old 12-19-12, 06:45 AM
jbone29
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i bought this from amazon and it works perfect. it was $35, all you have to do is push aux. button on the stereo and play either itunes music or pandora. sounds great also.
Attached Thumbnails Is it possible to play my iPhone music through BT on my 2007 IS250?-412cjvg4wll._ss400_.jpg  
Old 12-20-12, 01:33 PM
dong888
Pole Position

For my 07 is350 ---

Bought this as suggested in other threads:
http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...A172A11438.htm
< $50 total after the 15% off coupon which is still valid now. "Holiday12"

And i got the ground loop noise issue so I bought this:
Amazon Amazon
Completely remove the high pitch sound.

And I also got some other weird feedback noise, so I changed out the usb ac adaptor and found one that does not make the noise. AC adaptor are cheap, <$5 each and I have a lot of them sitting around from other bundles.
Old 12-20-12, 07:17 PM
maz
Lead Lap

My car is also a 2007, and although it has the Mark Levinson, Navigation, Bluetooth package, the bluetooth is for calls only. So I recently bought one of these adapters for my car. I chose this one:
Amazon Amazon

It was about 50$ and it works great.
Advantages of this particular adapter are that it is very compact. It fits neatly into the power socket in the center arm rest (so it is always powered and does not need charging), and the 3.5mm jack fits into the aux. It also autoconnects to my iPhone every time I turn on my car (some of the other adapters don't autoconnect and require that your press a button, so make sure before you buy). My iPhone simultaneously autoconnects to my cars bluetooth for calls, so when I get calls, the music stops and I answer right from the steering. You can also change volume right from the steering wheel. Just set ur iPhone volume for this adapter to max, and adjust music using your vehicle controls only. Your iPhone will remember the volume level for this particular device every time it connects. Also activates Siri if you press the button on the adapter, but it's way more practical to just press the button on the phone.

Disadvantages: You can not change music from the steering, you must do that directly from your iPhone. Sound quality is pretty good (I stream from Spotify and listen to music stored on the phone), but it's nowhere near the great quality you might get from a CD or AUDIO-DVD. It's probably better than radio quality though, so pretty practical I would say.
Old 12-20-12, 10:27 PM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea but dont do it if you never got the fix for the aux it will sound like ****, you will hear hissing noise in your music
Old 12-21-12, 10:07 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brociouz
What Hoovey2411 said, but this workaround solution may be of interest to you: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sing-a2dp.html
I looked at the Blackberry BT unit and found the setup too cumbersome and space consuming, and down right expensive too.

Originally Posted by jbone29
i bought this from amazon and it works perfect. it was $35, all you have to do is push aux. button on the stereo and play either itunes music or pandora. sounds great also.
I've been using this for the past few months and I have got to say that it is the best thing I've bought for my car. The only thing is that you have to power it on manually, but that's like nothing (since it auto shuts off after a pre-determined time of inactivity and the device that it was connected to is out of range). My AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II had problems keeping a constant audio stream going (which almost made me believe that the BT device was the problem), but my iPhone 5 works like a dream with it.
Old 12-24-12, 03:02 PM
NancyJade
Driver

Originally Posted by knguyenk
I looked at the Blackberry BT unit and found the setup too cumbersome and space consuming, and down right expensive too.

I've been using this for the past few months and I have got to say that it is the best thing I've bought for my car. The only thing is that you have to power it on manually, but that's like nothing (since it auto shuts off after a pre-determined time of inactivity and the device that it was connected to is out of range). My AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II had problems keeping a constant audio stream going (which almost made me believe that the BT device was the problem), but my iPhone 5 works like a dream with it.
Thank you for your input! I've been trying to find a way to stream my music on my '07 is250 and i just haven't been able to decide which BT music adapter to use LOL
Old 12-24-12, 03:06 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Shervin350
yea but dont do it if you never got the fix for the aux it will sound like ****, you will hear hissing noise in your music
Thats not correct at all. All you have to do is get a $5 ground loop adapter and it fixes the hissing noise.
Old 12-24-12, 03:07 PM
NancyJade
Driver

Originally Posted by maz
My car is also a 2007, and although it has the Mark Levinson, Navigation, Bluetooth package, the bluetooth is for calls only. So I recently bought one of these adapters for my car. I chose this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno...+bluetooth+car

Disadvantages: You can not change music from the steering, you must do that directly from your iPhone. Sound quality is pretty good (I stream from Spotify and listen to music stored on the phone), but it's nowhere near the great quality you might get from a CD or AUDIO-DVD. It's probably better than radio quality though, so pretty practical I would say.
This sounds great I love how it's so compact

I was just wondering, have you ever come across one of these devices that will let you change songs using the steering wheel controls?

Thank you!
Old 12-24-12, 03:39 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

I like how that plugs into the lighter makes it less cluttery by not having an extra charging cord like in my case withthe blackberry gateway
Old 12-24-12, 05:57 PM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MashinA
Thats not correct at all. All you have to do is get a $5 ground loop adapter and it fixes the hissing noise.
Where can i buy one??

Quick Reply: Is it possible to play my iPhone music through BT on my 2007 IS250?